• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

Lin being gay would be perfect for the NBA. Who's going to say shit about him? He can pull the race card against whites and blacks. He'd also be a walking talking anti-model minoroty.

Yeah, but he also plays the Christian card a lot. He's heavy into it, into promoting the church, gives talks on being a Christian in Asia, etc. If he came out it would still be kind of a thing for some people.

linsivvi

Yeah, but he also plays the Christian card a lot. He's heavy into it, into promoting the church, gives talks on being a Christian in Asia, etc. If he came out it would still be kind of a thing for some people.

Asian Christian openly gay pro-baller, that's kinda like a Communist, Muslim, Atheist, Liberal president.

"[Gasol] proved to the league he is one of the best," Rubio told reporters in Minneapolis. "He can pass. He can shoot. He can rebound. He can do a lot of things. I think if you use him in the right way, he is a top player in this league. If they don't want him, we are more than welcome to get him."

dat Spanish camaraderie

PBY

Banned
Daamnnnnn at those jerseys the heat are rocking tonight, bout to get me one

PACIADIPJFHOMJLC.jpg

It would be huge man. Honestly America needs a popular athlete to just say yo I'm gay get over it. There has to be a lot of famous athletes out there that live on the down low.

It would be huge man. Honestly America needs a popular athlete to just say yo I'm gay get over it. There has to be a lot of famous athletes out there that live on the down low.

True, though it would be better if it were somebody good.

Amaechi came out, but only after he was done playing. It's an open secret that Richard Jefferson and Luke Walton are. I guarantee the minute they're both retired the autobio and Oprah interviews will come out. Bosh a lot of people talk about, tbh I never saw it in Toronto at all aside from maybe an unusually unattractive girlfriend, which is neither here nor there.

PBY

Banned
True, though it would be better if it were somebody good.

Amaechi came out, but only after he was done playing. It's an open secret that Richard Jefferson and Luke Walton are. I guarantee the minute they're both retired the autobio and Oprah interviews will come out. Bosh a lot of people talk about, tbh I never saw it in Toronto at all aside from maybe an unusually unattractive girlfriend, which is neither here nor there.

Chris-Adrienne.jpg

Bosh gay? I don't know about the ugly girlfriend you speak of, but I don't think any of that is based off anything except maybe some of his mannerisms? Doesn't seem gay to me.

DrMungo

At first, I thought Bosh was a gay Avatar character, but I think its just his mannerisms. Nothing wrong with that though.

Someone mentioned the old Bucks jersey the other day and now...

NBA-Hardwood-Classics-Group.jpg

Wednesday, Jan. 30: Los Angeles Lakers at Phoenix Suns* (ESPN)
* Friday, Feb. 1: Miami Heat* at Indiana Pacers* (ESPN)
* Friday, Feb. 8: Los Angeles Clippers at Miami Heat* (ESPN)
* Saturday, Feb. 9: Utah Jazz at Sacramento Kings* (NBA TV)
* Thursday, Feb. 14: Miami Heat* at Oklahoma City Thunder (TNT)
* Wednesday, Feb. 20: Atlanta Hawks* at Miami Heat* (ESPN)
* Thursday, Feb. 21: Miami Heat* at Chicago Bulls* (TNT)
* Saturday, March 3: Chicago Bulls* at Indiana Pacers* (ESPN)
* Sunday, March 10: Chicago Bulls* at LA Lakers (ABC)
* Saturday, March 30: Indiana Pacers* at Phoenix Suns*

KingGondo

Banned
Just saw the Westbrook stuff. If the Spurs/Thunder meet in the playoffs, I wonder if Pop is going to drive YNB over the edge.
YNB has always beasted on the Spurs. It's all about the defense Thabo plays on TP.

And I don't think the Spurs have the defense to stop us. We're on another level offensively this year.

I mean, they tried last year. And got the gentlemans sweep.

Different year, same results, imo.

not at all, last year they had Harden to bail them out. you think Kevin Martin is gunna come in and save that team from Westbrook's mood swings?

YNB has always beasted on the Spurs. It's all about the defense Thabo plays on TP.

And I don't think the Spurs have the defense to stop us. We're on another level offensively this year.
he was terrible in that series last year, look at his shooting performances game by game. and it wasnt even so much that he was bricking shots, its that he was chucking without even moving the ball

fertygo

Why people said Harden beasted at WCF last year? aside his 30 point at 2nd game loss, he like averaging 15ppg at the backdoor swept.

This year's Spurs team is much better (assuming Duncan is playing like he is now in the playoffs) and YNB looks like he's really about close to snapping.

Same media spew every season. They dont have the legs anymore to win 3 straight series to make a finals.

Its over for NBA Finals with this Spurs group.

SA has more to fear from Memphis, healthy Golden State and the Clippers than OKC, imo. if they exit it the playoffs it will be from one of those three teams, not the Thunder.

Why people said Harden beasted at WCF last year? aside his 30 point at 2nd game loss, he like averaging 15ppg at the backdoor swept.
lol stats. just watch the games. he even hit a game winning three in game 5.

not at all, last year they had Harden to bail them out. you think Kevin Martin is gunna come in and save that team from Westbrook's mood swings?

he was terrible in that series last year, look at his shooting performances game by game. and it wasnt even so much that he was bricking shots, its that he was chucking without even moving the ball

He was terrible, but his team won.

Same media spew every season. They dont have the legs anymore to win 3 straight series to make a finals.

Its over for NBA Finals with this Spurs group.

The Spurs are in the top 3 in defense this year. Last year, we were literally never higher than average. Bonner and Blair don't even sniff the court unless we're blowing out teams. Have you actually watched the Spurs play this year?

KingGondo

Banned
Harden's biggest contribution was that he bailed us out with the big shot in game 5. Other than that his performance was unremarkable. The biggest reason we almost lost was because we went into pure ISO-mode, which happened all the time when Harden was on the floor. He was lucky to hit that shot.

We really are much better on offense this year. Both YNB and KD have improved as passers, and Ibaka's offensive game has improved tons. Plus the ball moves much better with Martin on the floor than it did with Harden. We're sick on offense when YNB, Thabo, Martin, KD, and Collison/Ibaka are on the floor.

I'm not really afraid of the Spurs this year. I'm much more afraid of the Clips and Warriors.

The Spurs are in the top 3 in defense this year. Last year, we were literally never higher than average. Bonner and Blair don't even sniff the court unless we're blowing out teams. Have you actually watched the Spurs play this year?

Its almost like you didnt see their legs give out vs a younger team with quicker legs, last season.

They will not beat LAC then OKC then MIA or NYK. That doesnt make any sense to me, brother.

He was terrible, but his team won.

i would say that his team won in spite of him because Harden and KD were good enough to make up for Russ' bad play.

The biggest reason we almost lost was because we went into pure ISO-mode, which happened all the time when Harden was on the floor. He was lucky to hit that shot.
Harden's work in the p&r with Collison was awesome.

fertygo

SA has more to fear from Memphis, healthy Golden State and the Clippers than OKC, imo. if they exit it the playoffs it will be from one of those three teams, not the Thunder.
Oh come on, we still hyping them?
lol stats. just watch the games. he even hit a game winning three in game 5.

So what? that even from tie situation. He score his average, but nowhere near what people said.

OKC win because Parker got shut down by Thabo, and that will happen again if they meet.

The biggest boost from spurs compared to last year is Tiago not in slump, maybe that will help them.. but I can't see Spurs beat OKC without stellar series from Parker and that wouldn't happen.

Its almost like you didnt see their legs give out vs a younger team with quicker legs, last season.

They will not beat LAC then OKC then MIA or NYK. That doesnt make any sense to me, brother.

We'll see what happens in May. I'm not sure who will win out in the West amongst the top 4 teams, but this years Spurs unit IS much better than last years if for no other reason, Bonner isn't going to be getting 15-20 minutes a game in the playoffs this year.

KingGondo

Banned
Harden's work in the p&r with Collison was awesome.
It was, but that was one of like three things he did well. Shoot spot up threes, drive to the rim, or PnR with Collison.

I much prefer the ball movement we've established this year.

Oh come on, we still hyping them?

So what? that even from tie situation. He score his average, but nowhere near what people said.

OKC win because Parker got shut down by Thabo, and that will happen again if they meet.

The biggest boost from spurs compared to last year is Tiago not in slump, maybe that will help them.. but I can't see Spurs beat OKC without stellar series from Parker and that wouldn't happen.
why would it be "hype" when they beat SA two years ago with almost the same roster they have now?

Duncan's shooting was off through that whole series. some people think thats attributable to Perkins, but I saw him hesitate on wide open jumpers and brick crucial shots, so I dont know...

Top Bottom