• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

why would it be "hype" when they beat SA two years ago with almost the same roster they have now?

Duncan's shooting was off through that whole series. some people think thats attributable to Perkins, but I saw him hesitate on wide open jumpers and brick crucial shots, so I dont know...

Duncan hurt his knee during the last stretch of the season that year, but that injury was over shadowed by what happened to Manu.

Canuck76

Banned
It was, but that was one of like three things he did well. Shoot spot up threes, drive to the rim, or PnR with Collison.

I much prefer the ball movement we've established this year.

From what little i've watched it really is a lot different from last year, and i think what makes this team so scary.

KingGondo

Banned
From what little i've watched it really is a lot different from last year, and i think what makes this team so scary.
I was waiting for our offense to look like this. When we're on, it's scary.

Even more amazing considering Perkins still gets major minutes.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Rookie Player Pool:
Harrison Barnes
Bradley Beal
Anthony Davis
Andre Drummond
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Damian Lillard
Alexey Shved
Dion Waiters
Tyler Zeller

Soph Player Pool:
Kenneth Faried
Kyrie Irving
Brandon Knight
Kawhi Leonard
Chandler Parsons
Klay Thompson
Tristan Thompson
Nikola Vucevic
Kemba Walker

The Draft is next Thursday. I know who I'd take #1.
lil Kyrie

Kyrie and Lillard have to go #1 and #2, right?

I'd take Kemba over Lillard. Out of our starters he's our only real threat to score so he gets a lot of defensive attention, but he still manages to get it done. Kemba doesn't have the benefit of playing with Aldridge and Batum to take away defensive pressure either. Statistically he's having the better season too, and he's only a few months older than Lillard.

DrMungo

I have a feeling the YNB era in OKC will not end well. He's a top star, that wants to stay there but always manages to do brainless shenanigans. KD is a patient guy now, but there will be a breaking point.

KingGondo

Banned
I really do wonder if we have the assets to put together a YNB-Kyrie trade.

Would YNB, the Raps pick, and Lamb get it done? We could take Varejao off their hands to make the salaries closer.

reilo

Would YNB, the Raps pick, and Lamb get it done? We could take Varejao off their hands to make the salaries closer.

LOL

Hold on... Let me read that again...

NOPE

LOL

reilo

YNB is more highly regarded around the league than he is on Best-GAF.

Cavaliers aren't trading away a better player in Kyrie who's still on a rookie contract AND four years younger for a supermax-contract player AND giving up Varejao -- whom they actually like. Your proposal is cray cray.

YNB is more highly regarded around the league than he is on Best-GAF.

Is he? Harden was/is more coveted and Rox got him for KMart, a prospect and a high pick.

Who the hell would give away a player who could be the best PG of his generation AND a good Center for YNB and a high pick?

For your efforts in making a ridiculously awful and outlandish trade proposal, I am officially making you an honorary Laker fan. Congratulations. And remember: the season starts today!

fertygo

Dan Gilbert wouldn't even trade Kyrie for Durant, Its like Kyrie are one of few reason he can still throw middle finger to Lebron.

Dude, you never know

Every year a ROFL trade happens

Yea but that trade is more outlandish than what anyone could reasonably expect.

ask a GM if he'd rather have Kyrie/Varejao or YNB/Lamb/Pick

It should be uanimous with Kyrie's age/contract and how precious bigs are. Plus YNB is proving more and more to be detrimental to his team.

dalVlatko

Why would we trade Kyrie for someone who is arguably a worse player, older, and has a max contract AND let you take our second best player just so the salaries would match

How many picks did they give up for Tyler Zeller?
Those two second rounders and Jared Cunningham are doing a lot in the NBA

I wouldn't trade Kyrie for YNB straight up if their contracts matched.

Why the fuck would you get Varejoa for what basically amounts to a pick and Lamb?

I want to punch something right now.

So Rodman was on Chicago sports radio for a lunch show...lasted about 20 minutes before they ended it. He was dropping f-bombs and saying shit live.

KingGondo

Banned
Think about it. If you're Cleveland, right now you have 2 good players--Kyrie and Varejao... And Varejao is always hurt, so you really only have Kyrie.

In exchange for Kyrie (and OKC taking Varejao off your hands, which is risky for us) you get a consensus top 10 player (and top 3 PG), a guy with loads of potential in Lamb, and a surefire top 10 pick this year.

It's not as crazy as you guys think it sounds. Not like it would happen anyways.

Think about it. If you're Cleveland, right now you have 2 good players--Kyrie and Varejao... And Varejao is always hurt, so you really only have Kyrie.

In exchange for Kyrie (and OKC taking Varejao off your hands, which is risky for us) you get a consensus top 10 player (and top 3 PG), a guy with loads of potential in Lamb, and a surefire top 10 pick this year.

It's not as crazy as you guys think it sounds. Not like it would happen anyways.

Its not happening because it is exactly as crazy as it sounds. Otherwise Presti would have done it already, the only reason that doesn't happen is because its a totally shit trade for Cleveland.

You're overvaluing YNB.

KingGondo

Banned
Its not happening because it is exactly as crazy as it sounds. Otherwise Presti would have done it already, there only reason that doesn't happen is because its a totally shit trade for Cleveland.
The Cavs just need to embrace the Y NOT lifestyle and realize that this trade is in their best interests.

reilo

Puff, puff pass, bro. Puff, puff, pass. Share the wealth.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

You so cray right now.

fertygo

If OKC offered Durant for Kyrie, they would accept that deal in an instant.

And LOL at any middle finger that Gilbert can throw at LeBron. Maybe the Cavs should get close to the 8th seed before Gilbert should ever open his mouth again

I mean "Yup" for its pretty silly and petty but I'm sure that's what Gilbert thinking for the subject.

Btw its not that weird for basketball fan have big delusion to see Durant and Kyrie playing together.

diehard

Fleer
There has to be at least 1 Jazz player at All-Star weekend right?

If Foye isn't in the shootout he got robbed. I mean, it's the one thing he's good at, let him shine.

I mean "Yup" for its pretty silly and petty but I'm sure that's what Gilbert thinking for the subject.

oh lol. yeah I'm sure Gilbert is waiting to pounce on the first chance

If LeBron ever has to play Cleveland in the playoffs that'd be fucking nuts...

Top Bottom