• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

Cloudy

Banned
Hopefully D'Antoni's "system" is scrapped for good. We finally slowed down the pace which favors us. We also put the ball in our best player's hands from the start of most possessions and let him dictate (instead of being a bailout option after Nash pounds the ball into the ground)

Also, there were few iso post-ups which aren't MDA's system but something we'd been doing a lot

Omega

Banned
why would the lakers even want to make the playoffs? just to get swept By OKC or the Clippers?

come on. just give your guys the rest.

Omega

Banned
Teams make a ton of money from home playoff games. It's still a business after all

how much money could they possibly make from 2 home games? it'll all go to Kobe's first paycheck next season anyway.

besides, didn't you guys just get 1billion from Time Warner? i think you're good on the money front for a season

Omega

Banned
Same reason the Knicks want to make the playoffs i guess. *shrugs*

to try and win a series for the first time this century? oh right..

it's not even the same situation. For the Lakers it's championship or bust and it's always been that way.

how much money could they possibly make from 2 home games? it'll all go to Kobe's first paycheck next season anyway.

besides, didn't you guys just get 1billion from Time Warner? i think you're good on the money front for a season

I don't think you understand how businesses work. They don't say "oh, that's enough money, we don't care any more."

Really interesting Lakers game. It looked like they finally got it together, but I've also said that about three times this season.

Personally, I don't think the Lakers win more than 36 or 37 games, but they do have the talent to make a push. Even if they make the 8th seed, OKC takes them out in 5. But getting to that 8th seed would be a lot better than not getting there.

Also, LeBron is a exemplary human being, easily the best human being in this league.

balddemon

Banned
lol so when I came into work this morning, a Laker fan tried to talk shit to me about last nights game and I just dismissed him with the usual "you guys won't make the playoffs, and if you do, you're getting swept, so stfu"

and then I saw the final score...smh Jazz. we never sweep the season series with the Lakers. never.

h3ro

Ray Ray back tonight bitches!

p0Enmq3.png

Really interesting Lakers game. It looked like they finally got it together, but I've also said that about three times this season.

Personally, I don't think the Lakers win more than 36 or 37 games, but they do have the talent to make a push. Even if they make the 8th seed, OKC takes them out in 5. But getting to that 8th seed would be a lot better than not getting there.

Also, LeBron is a exemplary human being, easily the best human being in this league.

ok

The Wizards are back! Are you excite Faze?

I'm optimistic. Its going to suck playing our way out of a top 3 pick most likely but at some point actually improving and winning has to be a priority.

For the first time in a while I have no idea what to do as a keyboard GM. I have no idea what moves this team should make right now.

I'm optimistic. Its going to suck playing our way out of a top 3 pick most likely but at some point actually improving and winning has to be a priority.

For the first time in a while I have no idea what to do as a keyboard GM. I have no idea what moves this team should make right now.

I'd just hold the course until the Okafor/Ariza contracts expire. Let your guys learn how to play together and hopefully get another contributor from this year's draft. A SF that can score would be ideal. Unless you get lucky Shabazz won't be there, but someone like Otto Porter would be a pretty good get I think. The Wizards could use a Hoya on the roster.

I think the Wizards look good. As long Nene and Okafor can stay healthy and motivated for next year, I think they'll be a playoff contender. Mike Dunleavy Jr. would make them really interesting, but he might ring-chase.

I'd just hold the course until the Okafor/Ariza contracts expire. Let your guys learn how to play together and hopefully get another contributor from this year's draft. A SF that can score would be ideal. Unless you get lucky Shabazz won't be there, but someone like Otto Porter would be a pretty good get I think. The Wizards could use a Hoya on the roster.

Yea, I'm a fan of just staying put at this point. The only trades that I would chase are for Cousins and Dwight (with a promise to extend).

Other than that there's no reason to make any changes. Guess I'll have to start looking at guys in the 4-8 range draft wise.

I'd rather go for a guy that is really good at one thing that we can use like Klay Thompson than guys like Poythress, Porter, etc that can do a lot of okay things but not at that high of a level.

Who is the best shooter in this draft?

We probably make a trade.

I actually think Otto Porter is going to be one of the stand out guys from this draft. He seriously needs to put on some muscle, but he has a complete game. He can pass, shoot, rebound, and defend. He won't be much of a threat attacking the rim off the dribble though, but that's what Wall is for. I really like Porter, he's going to be a good player in the league. He and Trey Burke at Michigan are the two most underrated players in college right now, they're both balling out this year.

edit: Porter actually shoots 45% from behind the arc

I haven't watched the Wolves too much recently since it would seem kind of bleak and depressing, but should Rubio be playing right now? He's putting up 4/5 with all-time bad efficiency.

Top Bottom