• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

I actually think Otto Porter is going to be one of the stand out guys from this draft. He seriously needs to put on some muscle, but he has a complete game. He can pass, shoot, rebound, and defend. He won't be much of a threat attacking the rim off the dribble though, but that's what Wall is for. I really like Porter, he's going to be a good player in the league. He and Trey Burke at Michigan are the two most underrated players in college right now, they're both balling out this year.

edit: Porter actually shoots 45% from behind the arc

Burke is Jameer 2.0, possible long-term starter but the CP3 comparisons he's been getting are lulz

h3ro

kidd is confirmed to be playing as well. The starting line up will be

Felton
Kidd
Shump
Melo
Chandler

Best lineup.

Shump with Svelton combine for solid perimeter defense. Pick and roll setups back with Felton/Tyson and Ray and Kidd should be able to find spots for Shumps on offense in between Melo shots.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Best lineup.

Shump with Svelton combine for solid perimeter defense. Pick and roll setups back with Felton/Tyson and Ray and Kidd should be able to find spots for Shumps on offense in between Melo shots.

yeah this is a good small line up. I wonder who will start when they play bigger teams

errr... not to dampen enthusiasm but Kidd is questionable tonight. Sore Back.

also via Marc Berman
(Rasheed) is running on state-of-the-art machines but not on the court. Woodson said, however, if tomorrow was a playoff game, he would play. My theory is they are in absolute no rush to bring Wallace back because the medical staff must feel he has so many games left on his left foot, which has a stress reaction. Woodson said he’ll start running on the court next week – he’s said that before – and he’ll need time to get into better condition. Think all they care about is Rasheed being right for the playoff run. Again, as we have reported, he does not have a stress fracture but Dr. Lisa Callahan is concerned it can turn into one without proper rest. If he fractures the foot, he’s done. For now, they can live without him, especially if Camby is back in the next 10 days. We reported today Camby has taken off his walking boot and could be back in a week.
Basically during his Celtic run Sheed had a foot issue that required surgery but he never got it; he retired so he figured he didn't need it. Now the issue is starting to flare up and can become very serious, so basically they're treating him like Kurt Thomas: a guy you want in the playoffs for post D/vet leadership. Camby finally vaults over both guys now and when he comes back should probably be worked into 15-20 minutes per.
Camby 40+ mins
1043375_o.gif

hopefully we can hang on until camby is ready to play again. tyson definitely needs help out there and its hard for him to play aggressive for too long considering how often he gets into foul trouble.

im glad sheed is doing better than we all thought. tonights lineup also looks great, hopefully the team does well tonight.

ohNOitsRO

Actually Camby probably has 40 minutes left in him total, so use him wisely in the playoffs..

Every other game play him 5 minutes until you guys lose in 6 in the second round

Cloudy

Banned
People are focusing on Kobe's style but Dwight changed it up last night as well. In the past when he's had big games, it was establishing deep position against smaller guys. Last night, he moved without the ball instead of posting up (I only remember 1 postup) and got rewarded for his activity.

Now, Dwight has a big speed advantage over Big Al but getting him the ball in motion is something we can do against any team if he's moving like he did last night.

This approach also keeps him off the FT line which is good!

People are focusing on Kobe's style but Dwight changed it up last night as well. In the past when he's had big games, it was establishing deep position against smaller guys. Last night, he moved without the ball instead of posting up (I only remember 1 postup) and got rewarded for his activity.

Now, Dwight has a big speed advantage over Big Al but getting him the ball in motion is something we can do against any team if he's moving like he did last night.

This approach also keeps him off the FT line which is good!

i like this moment of levity from you cause it'll be "i'd rather have kendrick perkins than dwight" after Durant drops 45 on Sunday

Cloudy

Banned
KD won't drop 45 if we slow it down like we did last night. I still think Dwight is an overrated bum who needs to be spoonfed to score but we have to make do with what we have.

If the Knicks play Milwaukee in the first round its gonna be a sweep. The Bucks are terrible. Hell even if Boston creeps up the Knicks can handle it. I personally think its gonna be a Heat/Knicks ECF unless the seedings change radically

PBY

Banned
If the Knicks play Milwaukee in the first round its gonna be a sweep. The Bucks are terrible. Hell even if Boston creeps up the Knicks can handle it. I personally think its gonna be a Heat/Knicks ECF unless the seedings change radically
You can't see Heat Indy if the seedings shake out?

I can't believe you guys are forgetting the Bulls. They'll easily be the second best team in the East once Rose makes his triumphant return. And unlike some players Rose is in fantastic shape coming off his injury. It won't take him long to get back into the groove.

Edit: Noah and Boozer are playing the best basketball of their careers too. They are a dangerous team, even to the Heat.

jjasper

Given that the Celtics and Grizzlies, sources say, have indeed held some exploratory trade talks since Gay hit the market -- that a three-way deal where Pierce lands in Memphis, Gasol goes to Boston and Gay joins the Lakers makes "some sense."

Pull the trigger Hollinger.

Well if seeding play out we prob have to play the Pacers in the semis. That's gonna be a fuckball dogfight right there.

Knicks vs Bulls should be a dogfight as well but Chitown wont have the firepower to keep up with the Knicks even with Rose coming back.

Well if seeding play out we prob have to play the Pacers in the semis. That's gonna be a fuckball dogfight right there.

Knicks vs Bulls should be a dogfight as well but Chitown wont have the firepower to keep up with the Knicks even with Rose coming back.

Lol, Noah and Boozer will eat the Knicks frontcourt alive.

ohNOitsRO

I can't believe you guys are forgetting the Bulls. They'll easily be the second best team in the East once Rose makes his triumphant return. And unlike some players Rose is in fantastic shape coming off his injury. It won't take him long to get back into the groove.
Team

Edit: Noah and Boozer are playing the best basketball of their careers too. they are a dangerous team, even to the Heat.

I feel like the bulls would be a bigger threat without rose against the heat specifically..

Rose is great and mvp and swag and cool and all, but when they put Lebron on him rose always becomes obsolete..

At least they run the offense through boozer and Noah when he's out, and while bosh can hold his own against boozer, Noah is a game changer in the paint against us..

That's right I said it, the bulls are a bigger threat now to the heat than they will be playoffs time

Cloudy

Banned
Ok, just call me Konextrodamus. This trade or something very similar will happen

SUG0l9c.png

Josh Smith is not going to be a Hawk next year and both sides know it. That's why the team is doing stuff like suspending him so he's the bad guy to the fans.

Lakers do this trade to shed salary but Smith is just a rental unless Dwight leaves. I believe the filler players will be very similar to this. LA needs a backup center and bench guard without taking on salary. ATL takes back Steve Blake and hopes he can contribute. Ebanks is a throw in for cheap depth. The main prize is obviously Gasol who would be a nice fit with Horford for a playoff run in the East.

I would be 100% sure of this trade if Lou Williams hadn't gone down. It'll be tough for ATL to trade Harris but seeing as he's a FA next year, I think the final deal could include him.

I haven't felt this good while watching a lakers game since last year

A game like that can seriously trigger a run. That's just how sports is, it doesn't seem logical that a single win could suddenly spur a team that's been terrible into the opposite but it's happened countless times before. Confidence, morale, swagger, chemistry... these sound like buzzwords but they really do affect performance.

I know I've said this a couple times before but I guarantee a victory on Sunday. The Los Angeles Lakers will defeat the Oklahoma City Thunder tomorrow.

I feel like the bulls would be a bigger threat without rose against the heat specifically..

Rose is great and mvp and swag and cool and all, but when they put Lebron on him rose always becomes obsolete..

At least they run the offense through boozer and Noah when he's out, and while bosh can hold his own against boozer, Noah is a game changer in the paint against us..

That's right I said it, the bulls are a bigger threat now to the heat than they will be playoffs time

I don't see a reason why they wouldn't continue to run their offense through Noah and Boozer, at least while Rose is getting used to playing again. It might stick if they play well enough doing it.

A game like that can seriously trigger a run. That's just how sports is, it doesn't seem logical that a single win could suddenly spur a team that's been terrible into the opposite but it's happened countless times before. Confidence, morale, swagger, chemistry... these sound like buzzwords but they really do affect performance.

I know I've said this a couple times before but I guarantee a victory on Sunday. The Los Angeles Lakers will defeat the Oklahoma City Thunder tomorrow.

just like when the Lakers beat the Bucks (a better road team than the Jazz) and how Kobe's renewed defense intensity after shutting down Jennings would result in newfound momentum for the team

PBY

Banned

All the intangible stuff you mentioned is stuff I really don't believe in- I think it's bs that we reach for to craft storylines and explain discrepancies we couldn't otherwise. But yeah u right.

If they lose you willing to take a self regulated week ban? If Lakers win I will dona week ban and if they lose you will. Game?

just like when the Lakers beat the Bucks (a better road team than the Jazz) and how Kobe's renewed defense intensity after shutting down Jennings would result in newfound momentum for the team

In the same way a single play in a football game can swing momentum despite the losing team being awful up until then, a single win can do the same. Intangibles matter. It doesn't sound logical on paper, but it happens. Not every time, but it happens.

PBY

Banned
In the same way a single play in a football game can swing momentum despite the losing team being awful up until then, a single win can do the same. Intangibles matter. It doesn't sound logical on paper, but it happens. Not every time, but it happens.
But do they?

Top Bottom