• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

Lakers ain't doing shit this year.

The playoffs are in striking distance for them. Since they don't have a draft pick, they might as well try to at least make it in. They can't just tank. Did Jordan give up when he failed to make the varsity? Did Roger Clemens give up when his own trainer testified against him? Did Liefeld give up when he got forced out of Image Comics?

Nori Chan

The playoffs are in striking distance for them. Since they don't have a draft pick, they might as well try to at least make it in. They can't just tank. Did Jordan give up when he failed to make the varsity? Did Roger Clemens give up when his own trainer testified against him? Did Liefeld give up when he got forced out of Image Comics?
bro

16th pick for Phoenix or bust #NeoLakers

Brinbe

Was at the Raps game tonight and man, that was simply incredible. Val pretty much shut down Griffin, and the rest of the Clippers couldn't hit from outside at all. Amir was a fucking monster and that Ross one-handed alley-oop at the very end was just fucking insane.

Just one game, but the Gay era is definitely off to a great start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d6KDw-Kv6I
The Ross dunk

shira

That was awesome.

The fact that Butler didn't get punched in the head really shows how nobody gives a fuck on that team.
If you did that to any other team there would be physical repercussions.

Now that guy is going to be labelled soft and stupid for the rest of his career.

iwsYXptJ6Y7Ti.png

Pkaz01

I really like Tony but he's basically all defense and Mayo didn't mesh well in Memphis at all. But putting those dudes down to compliment DeMar...ehhhhh.

shows how pitiful the state of SGs in the nba is really. Only contender with a star SG is miami. everyone else has some average defense sg filling the spot up

lol @ that Caron Butler dickhead move. Did the dude have money on the spread or something?

also lmao @ the Geico/Mutombo commercial. They need to start playing that one so they can take the depressing "Did Eddie Money have a stroke?" commercial out of the rotation.

lol @ that Caron Butler dickhead move. Did the dude have money on the spread or something?

also lmao @ the Geico/Mutombo commercial. They need to start playing that one so they can take the depressing "Did Eddie Money have a stroke?" commercial out of the rotation.

i love the eddie money one though, so catchy

Jeff-DSA

Not an impressive display by the Jazz tonight, but I'll always happily take a win. Lillard is a baller. He was fun to watch. I was sitting with some of his fans at the game, I'm glad he played well.

Caron doin' work to make sure the Clippers stay on top as most annoying team.

did anyone read Simmons Grantland piece of PEDs? Its long, but it boils down to him saying he wants talking heads to be able speculate (on the record) about guys like Adrian Peterson, Ray Lewis, etc using PEDs. ESPN wont let its mouthpieces accuse anyone without real proof, but they speculate and make assumptions about guys personal character, mental toughness and all the rest all the time, so why not speculate about whether or not guys are juicing.

I mean, i think it would bring big media sports journalism to even lower point than it already is, cause its already so heavily focused on bullshit theories, rumours and gossip, and speculation, but why not fire away. Lots of guys probably are juicing...

did anyone read Simmons Grantland piece of PEDs? Its long, but it boils down to him saying he wants talking heads to be able speculate (on the record) about guys like Adrian Peterson, Ray Lewis, etc using PEDs. ESPN wont let its mouthpieces accuse anyone without real proof, but they speculate and make assumptions about guys personal character, mental toughness and all the rest all the time, so why not speculate about whether or not guys or juicing.

I mean, i think it would bring big media sports journalism to even lower point than it already is, cause its already so heavily focused on bullshit theories, rumours and gossip, but why not fire away.

Thought it was one of the best things Simmons has written in a long time. He's right, ultimately, but turning commentary into an out-and-out witch hunt is also a bad idea.

Then again maybe a PED witch hunt would be a better and more valid an approach than scrapping for Twitter drama.

Lebron just bitched about not getting max.
So no, wade and Lebron is still bitch Made.

Honestly, LeBron and Kobe should switch salaries. Can't believe Kobe bitched for three years about Lakers management not getting him help, then turned around and took up $27 million of their payroll.

Also, Simmons is a terrible writer. If he didn't find a way to occasionally be funny, and to occasionally throw in a fitting pop culture reference, he'd be a nobody.

Honestly, LeBron and Kobe should switch salaries. Can't believe Kobe bitched for three years about Lakers management not getting him help, then turned around and took up $27 million of their payroll.

Also, Simmons is a terrible writer. If he didn't find a way to occasionally be funny, and to occasionally throw in a fitting pop culture reference, he'd be a nobody.

If Kobe was making what Lebron was making, Lakers would still be way over the cap and it wouldn't' make it any easier to add any new players. It's completely irrelevant.

He kind of bitched. He's clearly a bit annoyed that no one gave him credit for being unselfish enough to take less money to play with two All-Stars, including a guy who at one point was as good as he is, and live in a beach city with no state income tax.

I don't need all of the material I read to be good. I need it to be entertaining. Simmons is often entertaining and occasionally good. His PED article is both.

And this is a terrible post. Regardless of what Kobe makes the team is over the cap anyways. If the owner doesn't care about paying a higher tax then great for them doesn't change the team. As for Simmons he still better than the crap at ESPN, Bleacher Report (I can't believe TNT is promoting this shit), and all the other outlet out there. Not to mention he actually gave us a enjoyable book (even with the Boston bias), which most can't, and probably won't ever be able to accomplish.

linsivvi

What the hell are you talking about? The Lakers management DID get him help in the forum of Pau Gasol and won 2 championships for that.

It also didn't stop them from getting Nash and Dwight. It just didn't work out the way they expected, but they did manage to get him help.

On the other hand, the Miami Heat would have paid LeBron more if not for the pure fact that:
1) They wouldn't be able to sign Bosh
2) They simply couldn't pay him Kobe's salary. The rules just don't allow it.

A player's max salary is restricted by his years of experience. Kobe couldn't make his current salary when he was at his prime. Learn how the NBA works before you bitch.

He kind of bitched. He's clearly a bit annoyed that no one gave him credit for being unselfish enough to take less money to play with two All-Stars, including a guy who at one point was as good as he is, and live in a beach city with no state income tax.
He's one of the few players that deserve max money IMO. Also dont the players pay the visiting team's state taxes when they play on the road?

Omega

Banned

Wade was never as good as Lebron..

For Lebron to still insist that The Decision was a sacrifice means he hasn't really learned anything.

He could have gotten the Max from at least 4 other teams, he chose to play in an ideal location for less money, a decision most normal people have to make every day.

For Lebron to still insist that The Decision was a sacrifice means he hasn't really learned anything.

He could have gotten the Max from at least 4 other teams, he chose to play in an ideal location for less money, a decision most normal people have to make every day.
lmao are you kidding? most normal people go after more money

and he sacrificed a lot of shots and his reputation took a hit

and I am not sure what he is supposed to learn. he is a basketball player

MooseKing

Banned
I feel bad for Ed Davis. The guy was averaging 12 - 7.8 since becoming a starter. Now he is going to get virtually no minutes playing in Memphis. He is gone when his contract is up.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I feel bad for Ed Davis. The guy was averaging 12 - 7.8 since becoming a starter. Now he is going to get virtually no minutes playing in Memphis. He is gone when his contract is up.

Why would you assume the Grizzlies aren't trading ZBo?

He's still going to be part of the rotation regardless anyway.

Also Caron Butler is a total shithead. If the Raptors gave a fuck they would have clobbered his ass while he was going up for the basket.

MooseKing

Banned

Also Caron Butler is a total shithead. If the Raptors gave a fuck they would have clobbered his ass while he was going up for the basket.

I don't think they gave a shit because they gave the Clippers one of the worst loses they have had in the past two seasons.

If they trade Z-bo the team should be moved back to Vancouver.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Because they dropped a ton of salary with Gay. They were trying to dodge luxury tax problems not have a firesale.

MooseKing

Banned

Most people go where the money is.

This is why the top consulting firms in the world pay new hires next to no money. They want to weed out the people who want the quick cash (often double) offered by other firms. They do not want people working for them who do not want to be part of the best firm in the world, and would not sacrifice for the reputation of the company.

Then, a few years down the line, the people who were loyal are making a quarter million dollars by 25, and those that ran after the quick money are stuck at 90k.

This tactic is used in all major firms across all industries. The people getting hired know it, but people love money so god damn much they get blinded and can't see the larger picture.

jjasper

He will get minutes. We can't go long term with DA being the only backup for both Marc and Zach.

Hollins already saying Wroten going back to his previous roll. Fucking hell. Back to Bayless being forced into being the point guard he isn't and his production falling off.

Top Bottom