• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He will get minutes. We can't go long term with DA being the only backup for both Marc and Zach.

Not enough to stay. Dude was putting up really good numbers and showing that he was worth putting a little hope into.

I'd love him in Charlotte next year.

jjasper

Not enough to stay. Dude was putting up really good numbers and showing that he was worth putting a little hope into.

I'd love him in Charlotte next year.
His contract years line up perfectly for him to be extended after Randolph's contract is up. I don't see how we let him go. It is perfectly lined up for him to learn under Zbo and take over later.

just visited realgm for the first time in months and saw this linked by some dude.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1150185

wow stalker-gaf can only hope to be as 10% productive as this guy.

also lol
TURBOZONE_Carmello-Cheerios.gif

reggie can burn in hell

shira

Part of me wanted Valanciunas to elbow him in the head, the rest of me realizes the scoreboard already did that and it wasn't worth the suspension.

Yeah but now he's a weak idiot who has zero respect.
I'm afraid he's going to get the same rep as Primo and Biedrins

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
BMac is probably ours

dat Arron Afflalo with athleticism

I don't see how we don't draft a big. Any big. Doesn't even have to be Nerlens, but its incredibly how fundamentally broken this team is right now. Even with Kemba playing some of the best one man PnR the league has seen in a while, there's no way the offense can function.

I'm learning a lot this year by simply noting what this team can't do.

I don't see how we don't draft a big. Any big. Doesn't even have to be Nerlens, but its incredibly how fundamentally broken this team is right now. Even with Kemba playing some of the best one man PnR the league has seen in a while, there's no way the offense can function.

I'm learning a lot this year by simply noting what this team can't do.

I've warmed up to Isaiah Austin a bit (though he is still like 5 years away), but I don't know if you can warm up to him.

Can someone help me out?

Can you go to this page:

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/fans/music.html

& click "Songs Played at Previous Wolves Home Games" or "Game Night Music"?
When I click on them, It tells me I need to upgrade my flash plugin & a link to it, which I did, but it still doesn't work.
Is it me or is it the web site?

I'm trying to find out that reggae song that they were playing last night after the Timberwolves lost.

So on Saturdays I usually go play pickup at Boston University with one of my buddies who's an alum. More often then not they have 3 of the 4 courts occupied on weekends by something extracurricular (Southeast Asian basketball league, Lesbian basketball league, Kendo practice, band practice, Club volleyball league have been just some of the distractions over the last few months).

Today? LA Clippers practice. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let anyone watch.

Marc Stein of ESPN said:
Raptors president Bryan Colangelo, in the wake of the Gay trade, is now openly acknowledging that he's shopping former No. 1 overall pick Andrea Bargnani. The Lakers' interest in Bargnani remains a matter of debate in the midst of the Italian's worst-ever season by far, but the not-for-public-consumption message that continues to emanate from Canada is that Toronto remains intent on pursuing Gasol even after trading for Gay.

At a news conference Friday, Colangelo acknowledged that the Raptors are prepared to stray into luxury-tax territory in the "right transaction." One source close to the situation says Gasol is a guy who fits those parameters, depending on the rest of potential trade principals besides Bargnani.

So we'll see, over the next 20 days, if the Lakers change their stance on Gasol's availability ... and if Toronto can even assemble a package to tempt them without Jose Calderon's expiring contract to attach to Bargnani.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-130201-02/eight-trade-truths-deadline

The dream of Laker Bargnani draws nearer...

It's reassuring to hear other teams complain about how hard the Jazz are to read as much as the media gnats like me are in knots trying to figure out whether they plan to trade Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap -- or neither -- this month.

I will say, though, that there's been more chatter recently to back the notion that Jefferson is staying put for the rest of the season. Which is another way of saying that the Jazz, based on the latest forecasts on the personnel grapevine, intend to either trade Millsap or stand pat until the offseason.

Al does some things exceptionally well, but at some point, you have to give your #3 overall picks the possibility to play 32-36 MPG and it's not like Al is well-rounded in the slightest. Kanter getting 5 MPG midway through his second season is a joke.

So on Saturdays I usually go play pickup at Boston University with one of my buddies who's an alum. More often then not they have 3 of the 4 courts occupied on weekends by something extracurricular (Southeast Asian basketball league, Lesbian basketball league, Kendo practice, band practice, Club volleyball league have been just some of the distractions over the last few months).

Today? LA Clippers practice. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let anyone watch.

LOL Del Negro made them get up early after White Vegas kicked their asses. Also, they lost to the Raptors after that.

I guess the Raptors would have to give up either Barbs and Ross + garbage to make salaries work, or Bargs+Amir Johnson. As much as I'd love to see Bargnani go, that's pretty steep for gambling on Gasol.

Lowry
DeRozan
Gay
Gasol
Valanciunas

And almost no bench.

Bargs + Ross gives them:

Lowry/Lucas
DeRozan/Anderson
Gay/Fields/Kleiza
Johnson
Gasol/Valanciunas/Gray

Gay, Gasol & Fields can all play PF in various lineups. You've also got 5 guys who can play 30+ minutes. Aside from backup PG I think their depth is actually alright.

Depends on how bad shape Gasol is really in though. Also, like everyone has commented Ross' game probably compliments Gay a lot better than DeRozan's does so it would be a shame to trade him, but he's not ready for prime time yet.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Bargs + Ross gives them:

Lowry/Lucas
DeRozan/Anderson
Gay/Fields/Kleiza
Johnson
Gasol/Valanciunas/Gray

Gay, Gasol & Fields can all play PF in various lineups. You've also got 5 guys who can play 30+ minutes. Aside from backup PG I think their depth is actually alright.

Depends on how bad shape Gasol is really in though. Also, like everyone has commented Ross' game probably compliments Gay a lot better than DeRozan's does, but he's not ready for prime time yet.

If you trade Ross, you have to throw in Acy, Anderson and Lucas, plus a trade exception to make salaries match up. If you trade just Amir and Bargs, you keep more of a bench, but Amir is a pretty solid player right now. Far more so than Ross. Of course the Lakers might not want the 'garbage' pieces, even if Lucas and Anderson have been pretty solid.

edit: Oops, meant Ross, not Lowry.

edit2: You could throw in Kleiza and his $4.6 million for another two years, but is that any more attractive to the Lakers?

Top Bottom