• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

shamelessly stolen from realgm:
jBFcfQR.gif

Best sg in the game. Why did i not watch this game?

FUCK ME.

There's a thread in OT about a Chicago woman who lost 4 children to gun violence.

Remember when reggieland got mad at me for constantly bringing up the violence in Chicago, and just calling it, "problems any other big city has"?

Yeah, what silliness.

Homicide rates per 100,000...

New Orleans, LA - 57.6
Detroit, MI - 48.2
St. Louis, MO - 35.3
Newark, NJ - 33.8
Baltimore, MD - 31.3
Oakland, CA - 26.3
Chicago, IL-15.9

I got down on you for being a whiny bitch and constantly ignoring context. My wife teaches in North Lawndale and I have a condo on the near West side; I see the problems in this city every day. The difference is that I don't act like the sky is falling every time something shitty happens.

It's no different to you stopping being a Bulls fan because "the ownership sucks". It's true, Reinsdorf is a cheap bastard. Guess what, genius? Ninety percent of the teams in the NBA are owned by cheap bastards. However, most fans of the sport aren't renouncing their local teams in fits of narcissistic, self-aggrandizement on a message board.

Omega

Banned
is soulplaya even a real laker fan? i was expecting a "jk" turn like Syphon did this offseason when he pretended to be a nets fan

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Homicide rates per 100,000...

New Orleans, LA - 57.6
Detroit, MI - 48.2
St. Louis, MO - 35.3
Newark, NJ - 33.8
Baltimore, MD - 31.3
Oakland, CA - 26.3
Chicago, IL-15.9

I got down on you for being a whiny bitch and constantly ignoring context. My wife teaches in North Lawndale and I have a condo on the near West side; I see the problems in this city every day. The difference is that I don't act like the sky is falling every time something shitty happens.

It's no different to you stopping being a Bulls fan because "the ownership sucks". It's true, Reinsdorf is a cheap bastard. Guess what, genius? Ninety percent of the teams in the NBA are owned by cheap bastards. However, most fans of the sport aren't renouncing their local teams in fits of narcissistic, self-aggrandizement on a message board.
Get your low expectation BS out of here. "Hey, everyone else has problems too. Just be happy!"

What I found insulting was your attempt to somehow find a connection with my issue with the Bulls with my issue with the violence here in Chicago. Now, you're trying to use the same line of thought to justify the Bulls as you did with the violence in the city.

Let me make this clear to you, I find Chicago having the highest number of murders in the country to be unacceptable. If a city like NYC, which is 3x bigger than Chicago in population, can wind up with 100 less murders that just shows that we should do more. I also find your dismissive attitude of "well, other big cities have crime too" as an absolute insult to those people going through that violence everyday. No, I won't ignore it, and yes, I will continue to be pissed off about it, and continue to highlight the violence in this city whenever I can, because it needs to be highlighted. And I don't give a fuck if you do own a condo on the near west side.

BTW, I'm amazed that you're married. Your last insult against me of "you don't have any friends" was so juvenile that I genuinely believed that you were only about 12 years old or so.

And yes, your attitude to the Bulls only further highlights your low expectations. If Lakers fans who pay their hard earned money hold their ownership to higher standards and demand a championship quality team, then so should Bulls fans.

EDIT: BTW, the murder rate in Chicago is now 19.4. http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/The-Deadliest-Global-City-163874546.html#ixzz2JDlUYFsA

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Name one?
I know Barkley was claiming to be THE black republican back in the day, but later admitted he was voted Democrat & rejected the republican party.

JET

A number of older players were that I knew of like Cylde and Karl and Greg Anthony

Vahagn

JET

A number of older players were that I knew of like Cylde and Karl and Greg Anthony

Yea it's definitely NOT most. You could see players in Utah and San Antonio/Dallas being Republican, or pretending to be Republican. But I doubt most Basketball players would vote Romney over Obama, or any Republican over Clinton.

I remember reading that Spencer Hawes is hardcore though, like "Obama will bring a 1000 years of Darkness" Chuck Norris Level.

Edit: Who is this Stacey you guys are talking about? I Know Gabrielle Union and she's incredibly hot...who's this other chick that's competing with her

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What is this bullshit I'm reading that we may trade Kyle Lowry now?

Colangelo you piece of shit, trade a first round pick for this guy and then dump him same season?

This is why I can't enjoy my teams!

This is hilariously absurd..

Kobe passes 20 assists on the year and now he's a better passer than Lebron

The shit some of you say is GOLD

Look at the username you're quoting

Don't need to say no more

damn son

how did the convo go

I told him yes I understand that I shouldn't make a wide right turn. Then he asks where I'm headed and where I came from; I said I came from Whataburger and was going home. He asked "If you're going home why did you pull into the other neighborhood earlier (Where he followed me into then waited for me to turn around and leave) I told him I realized I was a foot over the pedestrian walkway at an earlier intersection when he was behind me, and that I noticed him following me a lot, so I pulled early into a neighborhood to see if I'd get a ticket. He then asked why I was getting food so late and I told him I hadn't had dinner. He then said "Well you scared me and looked suspicious when you went into that neighborhood. don't be scared! cops aren't out to get you"

Well fucking officer, you wouldn't be suspicious if you weren't stalking me in the first place. The dude literally followed me into the neighborhood before mine, then waited across the street for me to leave to follow me. he pulled me over for an infraction after he had followed me around for no reason whatsoever. I don't care who it is, if anyone is following you around like that it's freaky as fuck

KingGondo

Banned
Why on earth do you double someone tip toeing the baseline?

Help defense shouldn't be that hard to understand in the pros.
I'll have you notice that it was Thabeet who left his man when he shouldn't have. If he had stayed on Dwight it would have probably been a turnover.

bud23

A prestigious Spanish journalist reported recently about the rumor of MJ wanting to return to play at least one game at age 50.

The rumor is based in his Hall of Fame induction speech in September 2009, when he said, "One day you may look up and see me playing a game at 50. Don't laugh. Never say never." ; and sources from USA saying that he´s training (with Charlotte) with a rare intensity in the last few months.

Anyway, just for the record, probably bullshit.

http://www.marca.com/2013/01/27/baloncesto/nba/noticias/1359275893.html

Lol at Jordan suiting up to play again, that ship sailed a long time ago. He should be more involved with team practices though, we need all the help we can get.

Well fucking officer, you wouldn't be suspicious if you weren't stalking me in the first place. The dude literally followed me into the neighborhood before mine, then waited across the street for me to leave to follow me. he pulled me over for an infraction after he had followed me around for no reason whatsoever. I don't care who it is, if anyone is following you around like that it's freaky as fuck

"Why are you getting food so late"

Damn I would have struggled to hold back the venom. Police make me nervous..

George Karl said:
“He’s got to understand that lazy and crazy isn’t going to make it work,” Karl said to the Denver Post. “We want solid and we want fundamental, and we want spectacular but only when it happens, not forcing the action where sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t.”

I think the trade was good for both teams just because Denver needed to go younger but Javale is about as "good" now as he was with the Wiz. Which is to say he fucking sucks.

I beat Spec Ops the line last night.

That game was some dark as shit. Heard about it being "different" and making huge changes to the genre in some way. Guess the only way was it being as violent as possible.

ESPNSteinLine
Just going online: Mavs' D-League affiliate (@TexasLegends) is making hard push to convince Allen Iverson to sign with them. http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story...llas-mavericks-d-league-affiliate-sources-say

Jordan and Iverson should play together. Bring back a couple other old dudes and suit them up against the the Magic. In Orlando. Thanks.

AI could probably still get minutes in the NBA on some team. He just can't accept being an after thought on the court.

bud23

I wouldn't mind Jordan playing one more game just for shits and giggles. He'd be the second or third best player on the Bobcats.

You can´t play with the team you own (this rule was created thinking in what Kobe would do when retires if he buy a team), so MJ would need to sell his team shares if he want to return with the bobcats.

ohNOitsRO

You can´t play with the team you own (this rule was created thinking in what Kobe would do when retires if he buy a team), so MJ would need to sell his team shares if he want to return with the bobcats.

Good it's a win win cause Jordan is steadily climbing the lists of worst sports team owners

Top Bottom