• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

Smokey

Look at the username you're quoting

Don't need to say no more

I told him yes I understand that I shouldn't make a wide right turn. Then he asks where I'm headed and where I came from; I said I came from Whataburger and was going home. He asked "If you're going home why did you pull into the other neighborhood earlier (Where he followed me into then waited for me to turn around and leave) I told him I realized I was a foot over the pedestrian walkway at an earlier intersection when he was behind me, and that I noticed him following me a lot, so I pulled early into a neighborhood to see if I'd get a ticket. He then asked why I was getting food so late and I told him I hadn't had dinner. He then said "Well you scared me and looked suspicious when you went into that neighborhood. don't be scared! cops aren't out to get you"

Well fucking officer, you wouldn't be suspicious if you weren't stalking me in the first place. The dude literally followed me into the neighborhood before mine, then waited across the street for me to leave to follow me. he pulled me over for an infraction after he had followed me around for no reason whatsoever. I don't care who it is, if anyone is following you around like that it's freaky as fuck

Yeah you got that negro treatment

And stop eating whataburger your arteries probably hate you by now

Javale is the most uncoordinated big man in the league. I bet his momma has a better post game than him.

Pam-McGee-300x165.jpg

I just needed an excuse to post that

Good it's a win win cause Jordan is steadily climbing the lists of worst sports team owners

Not really, he spent a ton of money when he first bought the team and almost immediately took us to the playoffs. He saw how limited that team was and decided to start over after about a season and a half. We've been tanking ever since. In a league of Sterling and the Maloofs he isn't even close to being one of the worst owners.

The Kemba and MKG drafts were a big difference for Jordan, though I think it's a little ironic that so far he's drafting the next generation version of the team he tore down -- Kemba/Felton, MKG/Wallace, Biyombo/Okafor.

Maybe this time he can avoid the Adam Morrison BS and get Shabazz or even Nerlens.

Draft Zeller and you're crossing the streams.

Cloudy

Banned
What is this bullshit I'm reading that we may trade Kyle Lowry now?

Colangelo you piece of shit, trade a first round pick for this guy and then dump him same season?

This is why I can't enjoy my teams!

Bargs and the Euro big going down has shown them that they had 2 better bigs on the bench and Jose is playing great with those guys. They don't want to break that up now lol.

Flash

Bargs and the Euro big going down has shown them that they had 2 better bigs on the bench and Jose is playing great with those guys. They don't want to break that up now lol.

lol Jose always has great stretches of games, especially around his contract year.

this causes us to panic, get rid of all our other PGs, sign him to some over paid deal, and then watch him descend to a slightly above average PG.

Lowry/Calderon is a strong duo, neither of them are great PGs but together they form a formidable duo. They play different styles of bball and have different strengths and weaknessess. But of course in Toronto we can't have good things so we create PG controversies which all end in the exact same way.

The Kemba and MKG drafts were a big difference for Jordan, though I think it's a little ironic that so far he's drafting the next generation version of the team he tore down -- Kemba/Felton, MKG/Wallace, Biyombo/Okafor.

Maybe this time he can avoid the Adam Morrison BS and get Shabazz or even Nerlens.

Draft Zeller and you're crossing the streams.

If he's going to build a team that he's familiar with I'd much rather it be his first or second three peat Bulls.

Kemba>Kerr
Shabazz>Jordan
MKG>Pippen
Vonleh>Kukoc
Biyombo>Grant

I'm fairly certain we'll draft Noel if he's there though, and in that case they will definitely look similar to the team we blew up.

Cloudy

Banned
lol Jose always has great stretches of games, especially around his contract year.

this causes us to panic, get rid of all our other PGs, sign him to some over paid deal, and then watch him descend to a slightly above average PG.

Lowry/Calderon is a strong duo, neither of them are great PGs but together they form a formidable duo. They play different styles of bball and have different strengths and weaknessess. But of course in Toronto we can't have good things so we create PG controversies which all end in the exact same way.

$20 mil per invested in the PG position is kind of crazy tho. Considering its the deepest position in the league (someone tell Kupchak)

Kobe did that with Shaq all the time. If these big guys would quit bitching for iso post ups and just stay active, Kobe will find them.

Gotta admit, the passing was sharp yesterday.

I said last week, the March Schedule is a cakewalk. But 42-40 wont get them in the postseason. Leaning towards this season being a wash.

The ESPN storyline will be that Kobe re-invents his game after 17 years. Will Dwight re-sign and be the Kareem to Kobes Magic!

Bobcats would be in a tough position if they got the #1.

Go with Nerlens who blossoms later but adds zero wins for next year so you have a shot at Wiggins/Jabari or just go ahead and go with Shabazz and probably pick around 5th or so next year?

Decisions decisions.

Flash

$20 mil per invested in the PG position is kind of crazy tho. Considering its the deepest position in the league (someone tell Kupchak)

calderon's next contract should be less than his current one and lowry's current deal is a bargain.

and that's really our only strength IMO. every other position is pretty mediocre as they are mostly role players who happen to have great chemistry together. Val has the potential to become a legit big man, same with Ed Davis if he ever bulks up.

Everyone else though.... meh. but the thing that is worrisome as all of these positions have remained meh throughout Colangelo's tenure. The dude just doesn't know how to find a first option wing or a defensive center, lol.

Lowry for Duhon/Ebanks/Morris.

We'll even take Kleiza's contract if you want to add Blake to the pile of pgs. Raps would save about 3.5 mil over 2 years, think of the savings!

Cloudy

Banned
A good starter and a quality back-up is what you should be aiming for though.

Not for 20 mil tho. What other team has that much of the cap in the PG spot? They will definitely move one of those guys

Oh and Lakers can make the playoffs if they go on a run. The West is the best it's been in a while so it won't take close to 50 wins to make the playoffs this year. The teams have to play each other too lol

Flash

Not for 20 mil tho. What other team has that much of the cap in the PG spot? They will definitely move one of those guys

Oh and Lakers can make the playoffs if they go on a run. The West is the best it's been in a while so it won't take close to 50 wins to make the playoffs this year. The teams have to play each other too lol

Again, this year Calderon is making 10 mil and Lowry is making 5 to 6 mil. I expect Calderon to be making closer to 5-6 million per year on his next contract if he re-signs here. Lowry will still be making 6 million next year. Not even close to 20 million.

If they expect Calderon to want to sign a contract where he gets paid 8-10 million a year, I hope they tell him to GTFO.

Cloudy

Banned
calderon's next contract should be less than his current one and lowry's current deal is a bargain.

and that's really our only strength IMO. every other position is pretty mediocre as they are mostly role players who happen to have great chemistry together. Val has the potential to become a legit big man, same with Ed Davis if he ever bulks up.

If Nash can get the deal he got at 39, someone will offer Calderon a fat contract based on his play this year

Ps: Derozan isn't mediocre, he has star potential. Davis and Johnson are above average.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Lowry is making over 8 mil next year

Go with Nerlens who blossoms later but adds zero wins for next year so you have a shot at Wiggins/Jabari or just go ahead and go with Shabazz and probably pick around 5th or so next year?

Decisions decisions.

No cap room next two off seasons? Gotta scoop somebody with the color change and inevitable name change coming.

ohNOitsRO

The only reason KoMe had 14 assists yesterday was because the thunder had no game film of him ever passing, and decided to burn the gametape of the jazz since that shit was inconceivable, so had no idea how to defend something that's taboo in Lakerland..

They're used to KoMe taking contested shots under the rim out of a triple team in at LEAST 6 of his 30 shot attempts per game that brooks' defensive schemes looked like panic button mashing when it came to The Slack Mamba

P.S - rumors are that the burning of the jazz tape unleashed green celtics flames and cries of lakers past

Flash

If Nash can get the deal he got at 39, someone will offer Calderon a fat contract based on his play this year

Ps: Derozan isn't mediocre and Davis and Johnson are above average.

Nope, he's not. His contract is a real bargain.

As for Derozan, he's alright but if he was on a real playoff contending team he wouldn't see many minutes. He has a lot of weaknesses.

Johnson is the perfect first big off the bench and I can agree he is slightly above average. But again, I think he'd be more valuable if you had a better team. But I really love the guy, always plays hard and he loves the team.

I like Davis and I believe he is starting material but he really needs to bulk up. When he was playing limited minutes he would have some really great numbers, but ever since his minutes picked up his numbers across the board have gone down (understandably).

and if someone is going to offer Calderona contract like that, it is even more in the interest of the Raptors to keep Lowry this season. Being stuck with Calderon on a ridiculous contract for a few more years might be too much for my heart to take, especially if we don't go all out tanking for Wiggins next year.

The only reason KoMe had 14 assists yesterday was because the thunder had no game film of him ever passing, and decided to burn the gametape of the jazz since that shit was inconceivable, so had no idea how to defend something that's taboo in Lakerland..

They're used to KoMe taking contested shots under the rim out of a triple team in at LEAST 6 of his 30 shot attempts per game that brooks' defensive schemes looked like panic button mashing when it came to The Slack Mamba

P.S - rumors are that the burning of the jazz tape unleashed green celtics flames and cries of lakers past

Step your game up.

Decisions decisions.

All things being equal I'd go with the guy with the best combination of attitude, potential, and talent. The mood of the team really should be taken into consideration too. If all of the losing is negatively affecting the development of our young guys it might be a good idea to make moves to bring in someone that can help us win more games. Basically, exactly what you did with the Okafor/Ariza and Nene trades. If needed we could always sit guys that are "injured" next year if we need to lose games.

ohNOitsRO

Lol so cute, you guys complain about what I say, but there's nothing you can actually say to disprove me

Nice, I love my orange juice in the morning topped of with salty tears

All things being equal I'd go with the guy with the best combination of attitude, potential, and talent. The mood of the team really should be taken into consideration too. If all of the losing is negatively affecting the development of our young guys it might be a good idea to make moves to bring in someone that can help us win more games. Basically, exactly what you did with the Okafor/Ariza and Nene trades. If needed we could always sit guys that are "injured" next year if we need to lose games.

It's easy to go into "tank, tank, tank" mode, but seeing the energy of Verizon center and the way putting winning pieces together has affected the development of our young guys, from Wall to Beal to even Vesely, I can honestly say tanking too hard can fuck up the mentality of your players to a point where even when you get those top picks your players are used to giving no fucks due to a losing culture.

I think we changed directions just in time to prevent disaster. I don't know if we could have survived another year with the sort of roster we had at the beginning of last season.

Lol so cute, you guys complain about what I say, but there's nothing you can actually say to disprove me

Nice, I love my orange juice in the morning topped of with salty tears

I don't really disagree and I highly doubt Blaster disagrees in the slightest, you just conveyed it in a very lame way...

To each their own, but what stands the test of time is that the Lakers are done and the Heat are paving a golden path towards Dynasty

the problem with you LLLs is that you're all lame unfunny boobs that don't make an impact

Pimpwerx's boast after The Decision was one of the crowning achievements of mankind and the best you could do was DERRR chokeobe bryant, stooge nash, dumbwight slowhard and poo gaslol suck?

fucking pathetic

Vahagn

Holy God

Did you just start watching basketball last June? Serious Question

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Sometimes you guys forget that there are people posting on this forum that are indeed born in the year 2000.

If I could access GIFs at work I'd be posting *jokereatingpopcorn.gif* at you guys and tjhis whole convo starting from last page...

oh wait I CAN get to certain sites!

joker-popcorn.gif

Ps: Derozan isn't mediocre, he has star potential. Davis and Johnson are above average.

Derozan is one of the most mediocre players I've ever seen. He's like a slightly more athletic Rudy Gay with less upside and worse defense.

Flash

Derozan is one of the most mediocre players I've ever seen. He's like a slightly more athletic Rudy Gay with less upside and worse defense.

Derozan kind of reminds me of Desmond Mason during his tenure with the Milwaukee Bucks. Decent numbers on a shit team.

It's easy to go into "tank, tank, tank" mode, but seeing the energy of Verizon center and the way putting winning pieces together has affected the development of our young guys, from Wall to Beal to even Vesely, I can honestly say tanking too hard can fuck up the mentality of your players to a point where even when you get those top picks your players are used to giving no fucks due to a losing culture.

I think we changed directions just in time to prevent disaster. I don't know if we could have survived another year with the sort of roster we had at the beginning of last season.

Nail meet head man, I agree. That's why I'd love to see a trade at the end of the season where we package something like Sessions, Biyombo, and Diop to the Jazz for Al Jefferson. He would have to sign first of course, but I'd offer the Jazz whatever they wanted outside of our pick, MKG, and Kemba.

ohNOitsRO

Whoa whoa, I say something on this forum in which you guys disagree with the execution, and that means I just started watching basketball? Born in 2000? So cute

Again, all I see are salty tears because there's NOTHING you can say back basketball wise, so you resort to calling me stupid and pathetic?

Grow up dudes, this is a BASKETBALL discussion

I say Kobe doesn't pass and it's a fucking biblical miracle that the dude had double digit assists, and instead of posting over the same dumb shit in the same exact manner in which you guys already know, I actually TRIED to put some entertainment into my post.. That's cool if you don't like it, if I was a shitty Lakers fan I wouldn't want anyone ragging on my team every 3 posts either

The ridiculously lame comeback attempts by you guys are just making my post shine even more

ohNOitsRO

the problem with you LLLs is that you're all lame unfunny boobs that don't make an impact

Pimpwerx's boast after The Decision was one of the crowning achievements of mankind and the best you could do was DERRR chokeobe bryant, stooge nash, dumbwight slowhard and poo gaslol suck?

fucking pathetic

When you're ready to take out Pimpwerx's dick out of your mouth and have a discussion, let me know...

Even your fucking post looks like you're gagging on a peen

Top Bottom