• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

Lol and I am talking about Heat J Will (WHEN HE HAD KNEES YA DOOF) because Sac J Will would shit on most of the point guards that play today

It's crazy what streetball moves will do to impressionable youth. Ten years later, as a grown man (I assume), you'll find yourself on the internet arguing that your junior high school sports crush was some sort of perennial all star when he was really averaging 12, 6 and 4 turnovers, epitomizing the asshole three attitude.

Vahagn

Do you read anything I write? Or do you just pinpoint one thing and try your absolute hardest to prove me wrong cause it ain't working

I specifically said if his knees are working then yeah he's better than those guys, but of course you pick out stats from his last season when he literally had cardboard for knees

You're so bad at arguing it's laughable

it's great entertainment what you provide here

Lol and I am talking about Heat J Will (WHEN HE HAD KNEES YA DOOF) because Sac J Will would shit on most of the point guards that play today

*facepalm*

You're such an ignorant homer it's just laughable. You're talking about Heat J Will because you havent actually watched J Will play more than 5 games since he left the Heat. You're blaming his knees, like a cop-out tard.

In reality, Jason Williams BEST year on the HEAT he was a little something like this:

12.3 ppg - 4.9 apg - 2.4 rpg - 44% FG - 37% 3pt.

You're comparing that as someone who's better than all those point guards? On a championship team with Wade and Shaq playing 30 minutes a game? J Will was, at best, a role player then. John Wall, Ricky Rubio, these guys ain't role players

Just admit it dude, you don't watch basketball outside of Heat games. You have a very very very weak understanding of numbers, and you just root for Heat players irrationally. It's ok, you can say it.

h3ro

If Patrick Ewing got his soul back from the Monstars, he never gets hurt and we would have beat the Spurs in '99.

but kobe da goat. MJ would be exposed for the fraud he is

I just don't see the point in starting an argument with, "if he wasn't injured" or "If he still had knees". Both of those statment aren'ts reality so why even bring it up?

OhNoitsRo is to this thread what Mike DAntoni is to the Lakers.

I don't know if this works. Mike D continued Mike B's path to medicority. He didn't take something good and make it shit. He just failed to make shit better.

h3ro

OhNoitsRo is to this thread what Mike DAntoni is to the Lakers.

g9Ff1.png

The sample size is beyond terribad, but John Wall probably has the best net difference in On/Off the court stats for PG's.

Guys like CP3, Kyrie, and Tony Parker make an amazing difference offensively at +10 points per 100 possessions, while Wall is at 6.4, but Chris Paul and Kyrie actually make their teams worse defensively, while the Wizards are worlds better defensively with Wall on the court.

So Jazz-age what would it take for you to do a sign and trade with the Bobcats for Jefferson? This is what we have:

1) top 12 protected Portland 1st
2) top 14, top 8, number one protected Detroit 1st
3) Biyombo
4) Sessions
5) Gordon
6) Henderson
7) 12 million in expiring contracts

I don't think Al wants to play on the Bobcats, sorry.

1st post - JWill da gawd beastin on half of the current PGs!

2nd post- I meant JWill 7 years ago and in perfect health IDIOT! How could you not have known thats what I meant?!

The sample size is beyond terribad, but John Wall probably has the best net difference in On/Off the court stats for PG's.

Guys like CP3, Kyrie, and Tony Parker make an amazing difference offensively at +10 points per 100 possessions, while Wall is at 6.4, but Chris Paul and Kyrie actually make their teams worse defensively, while the Wizards are worlds better defensively with Wall on the court.

He does but he's only just a bit ahead of Mike Conley Jr there.

Kind of nuts how the Wizards have a point differential that would be best in the East when he's in the game though...

Lol

I'd probably rather be on the Cats than the Jazz.

Salary wise the only significant money they have to pay out long term would be for him, and otherwise their young players are on rookie contracts and will probably pick up another solid one this year, using cap space to pick up whatever their needs are.

The Jazz will basically be using cap space to retain a squad that is a treadmill team in the West.

Lol

Salary wise the only significant money they have to pay out long term would be for him, and otherwise their young players are on rookie contracts and will probably pick up another solid one this year, using cap space to pick up whatever their needs are.

The Jazz will basically be using cap space to retain a squad that is a treadmill team in the West.

I think all the criticism Al got for being an empty stats guy in Minnesota got to him and I don't think he wants to go back to being on a bottom 5 team in the NBA right now. The Bobcats could be alright in a couple of years, but I don't think he's going to take the chance that they're going to improve.

I don't think the Jazz are going to keep him past the deadline either.

diehard

Fleer
Lol

So basically you don't know anything about the Jazz?

Omega

Banned
1st post - JWill da gawd beastin on half of the current PGs!

2nd post- I meant JWill 7 years ago and in perfect health IDIOT! How could you not have known thats what I meant?!

if this is what he said then smh

dude clearly said jwill still better which would imply Jwill the 2013 bum is better than half the current pg

So basically you don't know anything about the Jazz?

I'm not saying that the Jazz are going to be a treadmill team in the future, I'm saying if they spend all of their available cap to keep their front court intact that they will be.

But the Jazz won't be keeping Al so they have a lot of potential moving forward.

diehard

Fleer
I'm not saying that the Jazz are going to be a treadmill team in the future, I'm saying if they spend all of their available cap to keep their front court intact that they will be.

But the Jazz won't be keeping Al so they have a lot of potential moving forward.

Ahh, i misunderstood. Sorry.

It would be a tough sell, especially with places like Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, and you having the cap space to sign him; but he'd be the top dog in Charlotte. He wouldn't be if he signed with pretty much any other team with the space to sign him.

Lol

The Jazz have half their roster coming off the books at the end of this season. If they can't convince one or both of Millsap and Jefferson to stay they'd be better off trading them before the season is up. They don't need both of them in the first place, so I assume they're at least gauging offers for them.

ohNOitsRO

It's crazy what streetball moves will do to impressionable youth. Ten years later, as a grown man (I assume), you'll find yourself on the internet arguing that your junior high school sports crush was some sort of perennial all star when he was really averaging 12, 6 and 4 turnovers, epitomizing the asshole three attitude.

I'm sorry that you don't remember the game as well as you think you do

ohNOitsRO

*facepalm*

You're such an ignorant homer it's just laughable. You're talking about Heat J Will because you havent actually watched J Will play more than 5 games since he left the Heat. You're blaming his knees, like a cop-out tard.

In reality, Jason Williams BEST year on the HEAT he was a little something like this:

12.3 ppg - 4.9 apg - 2.4 rpg - 44% FG - 37% 3pt.

You're comparing that as someone who's better than all those point guards? On a championship team with Wade and Shaq playing 30 minutes a game? J Will was, at best, a role player then. John Wall, Ricky Rubio, these guys ain't role players

Just admit it dude, you don't watch basketball outside of Heat games. You have a very very very weak understanding of numbers, and you just root for Heat players irrationally. It's ok, you can say it.

YOURE PROVING MY POINT

Youre such a joke its ridiculous

And I haven't seen J will at all right? Because you've been alongside me all my life taking notes and writing my biography and keeping tabs and what I watch and not watch - That's nice I had no idea I had my own Jackie McMullan.. And I'm blaming his knees because it's a FACT that he wasn't himself anymore after his degenerative knees..

You're posting numbers from a guy that played with two hall of farmers and ON A GOOD NIGHT WAS THE THIRD OPTION and he still had those stats

You think putting Rubio (THIS SEASON'S RUBIO), Beno Udrih, John Wall, Rodrigue Beaubois on that Heat team back then and you think they would've reached those numbers? Of course theycould have but I highly doubt it

John Wall is option number ? Rubio ? Udrih ? Like you're acting as if this is a one on one between these point guards.. Just stop, you're making yourself look like a fool

I guess you're not old enough to remember Sacramento J Will, when he was a beast at running an offense..

I said that a J Will with good knees in my very first post, could run those offenses better than the point guards I listed, did I say anything about shooting the ball or playing D or fucking rebounds?? You realize that there's more to running the offense than what those numbers show right? Setting up players? Running plays? You realize THOSE ARE UNQUANTIFIABLE STATS RIGHT?

If I have a weak understanding of numbers, then you are just someone that doesn't understand logic when it is tap dancing and shooting 45% in your face

If you guys don't think that a healthy J Will (He could be fucking 32 years old, no one said anything about a J Will in his prime, and again I have to fucking reiterate, as LONG AS HE HAS GOOD KNEES) could run the offense of those teams just as good, IF NOT BETTER, than you and I no longer have anything to talk about

Top Bottom