• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

Emwitus

HOLY MOLY are you dense guy? Please

1) Lebron's majority of passes are out into the goddamn perimeter, YOU DO REALIZE it's EASIER to miss a three point shot than a fucking shot in the paint right? YOU GET THAT RIGHT? Who the fuck do the Heat have to pass it down low to? JOEL ANTHONY?? FUCKING JOSH HARRELSON?? VARNARDO!?!? I guess Lebron could fucking pass it to him self ala McGee style off the backboard

2) I'm not saying that Nash is a fucking corpse out there but it's close enough... Dude runs pick and rolls in his sleep, that's great, I can average 12 assists on pick and rolls in place of Nash BELIEVE THAT, he's not doing anything special to get those 8 assists a game, Fucking CALDERON averages higher assists on a shitty team because of fucking pick and rolls -- That shit is cool but it won't win championships

3) Of course Kobe is the most complete two guard in history after MJ, and I fucking HOPE to the basketball gods that when you have the ball as often as Kobe does in his hands that he fucking leads his team in assists (By the way who have been your fucking point guards in that time span? Fisher has been your most complete point guard, in the past decade or so, fucking Shannon Brown was the truth and you guys traded him, Steve blake LOL, the Glove, who else? That's right it doesn't matter you're gonna give the ball to Kobe) No one has denied what Kobe is so this is dumb that you even highlighted this

4) Of COURSE Westbrook gets 8 assits per game, he has the ball every fucking time and he has Durant on his goddamn team, and you UNDERSTAND THAT DURANT AND WESTBROOK CAN NOT SIMULTANEOUSLY DRIBBLE AND PASS THE BALL AT THE SAME TIME RIGHT?? YOU GET THAT?

This is so stupid, I didn't feel dumb until after I realized I took the time to write back to your ignorant ass

And my point wasn't that Kobe is INCAPABLE of reaching double digit assists, it's that he is UNWILLING

I hope to Stern you understand what the difference between those two words are

OMgosh. #pullsupchair

ohNOitsRO

Suffice it to say. You're an idiot. True Story. You still haven't answered my question. Did you start watching basketball in 2012? You sound like a Heat fanboy that maybe has watched 5 non-Heat games this season, tops.

Question? I didn't see you ask any questions about me watching basketball at all.. A question usually ends in a question mark for the record

I should say I started in 2012 just so you can be ashamed of your basketball knowledge

Vahagn

Sigh... I really am trying so hard to not write back to you cause you're so emptyheaded

But please go check the career averages (FG and 3FG% are the same),

Melo is a more prolific and efficient shooter/scorer than Kobe

How are the FG%'s the same, but He's more efficient?

And really? More prolific? Than the guy with 30,000 points and 81 point game?

Melo's Career high isn't even on Kobe's top 5. You're just wrong dude, I know you hate Kobe. And you love Lebron. But you're just wrong, plain and simple.

When Durant shoots 20 shots but gets 3-4 apg IT'S WESTBROOKS FAULT

When Kobe shoots 20 shots and gets 4-5 apg...HE DOESN'T WANT TO PASS

ESPNSteinLine
Just going online: Mavs' D-League affiliate (@TexasLegends) is making hard push to convince Allen Iverson to sign with them. http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story...llas-mavericks-d-league-affiliate-sources-say

Jordan and Iverson should play together. Bring back a couple other old dudes and suit them up against the the Magic. In Orlando. Thanks.

Man come on Iverson is 37 & he was blacklisted by Stern from the NBA. He can probably play better than the active players who are older than him.

Grant Hill is 40 years old.
Jason Kidd is 39.
Steve Nash & Rasheed Wallace are both 38.

None of them made any indication that they will retire over the age of 40.

Man come on Iverson is 37 & he was blacklisted by Stern from the NBA. He can probably play better than the active players who are older than him.

Jason Kidd is 39.

What was the one incident that pushed Stern over the edge on him?
I thought it was the teams that soured on him after he didn't want to come off the bech, and kept taking personal time off during his last few runs.

Jason Kidd is 39.

Iverson wasn't "black listed". That's a bunch of bullshit. The difference is that those guys you listed are willing to accept their status as role players and not raise a stink about it. They also had different skillsets (b-ball IQ, defense, passing, shooting) that they could tailor their game around when they no longer had the ability to be the top 1 or 2 guys on a team. Iverson is a ball stopping volume shooter. Teams dont' need that. Every team can find a half a dozen undersized SGs that can shoot 15 times a game at a sub-40% clip in the D-league. Iverson is nothing special anymore.

ohNOitsRO

How are the FG%'s the same, but He's more efficient?

And really? More prolific? Than the guy with 30,000 points and 81 point game?

Melo's Career high isn't even on Kobe's top 5. You're just wrong dude, I know you hate Kobe. And you love Lebron. But you're just wrong, plain and simple.

When Durant shoots 20 shots but gets 3-4 apg IT'S WESTBROOKS FAULT

When Kobe shoots 20 shots and gets 4-5 apg...HE DOESN'T WANT TO PASS

Here we go again

Melo would have an 81 point game also if he took 46 shots, but you're gonna gauge and compare two shooters, based just on their 5 highest scoring output games? That's just dumb

By your logic, Brandon Jennings is a better scorer than Melo

When Durant shoots 20 shots a game and only gets 4 assists per game, it's a small forward that doesn't dominate the ball as much his point guard (And forwards shouldn't, except for a few exceptions, obviously Lebron sticks to mind)

When Kobe shoots 20 shots and gets 5 assists per game, it's a shooting guard that completely dominates the ball desperately getting off contested shots instead of passing it in a majority of those shots

shira

HOLY MOLY are you dense guy? Please

1) Lebron's majority of passes are out into the goddamn perimeter, YOU DO REALIZE it's EASIER to miss a three point shot than a fucking shot in the paint right? YOU GET THAT RIGHT? Who the fuck do the Heat have to pass it down low to? JOEL ANTHONY?? FUCKING JOSH HARRELSON?? VARNARDO!?!? I guess Lebron could fucking pass it to him self ala McGee style off the backboard
3 most efficient shots are: layup, freethrow area, and 3 pointer.

Vahagn

Here we go again

Melo would have an 81 point game also if he took 46 shots, but you're gonna gauge and compare two shooters, based just on their 5 highest scoring output games? That's just dumb

By your logic, Brandon Jennings is a better scorer than Melo

When Durant shoots 20 shots a game and only gets 4 assists per game, it's a small forward that doesn't dominate the ball as much his point guard (And forwards shouldn't, except for a few exceptions, obviously Lebron sticks to mind)

When Kobe shoots 20 shots and gets 5 assists per game, it's a shooting guard that completely dominates the ball desperately getting off contested shots instead of passing it in a majority of those shots

Sigh

1) In that 81 point game, Kobe shot 90% from the FT line at 20 attempts. 60% from the Field, and 53% from the 3 point line. Scoring 81 points on 46 shots is like scoring 40 points on 23 shots. That's CRAZY EFFICIENT. If you think Melo can shoot 46 times and shoot 60/53/90...you're on crack. That's a once in a lifetime performance.

2) Brandon Jennings had one 55 point game and then nothing past 45 points or even close after that. Plus he shoots a horrible %. Kobe and Melo shoot similar % but Kobe is more prolific because he's as efficient but able to have much bigger scoring games. How you don't see this, show's how hard headed you are in desperately trying to make a point.

3) Durant can dominate the ball plenty, Durant's problem is that his strength is catch and shoot. Durant is not NEARLY as good of a passer as Kobe or Lebron is, he's not nearly as good at running a team as Kobe and Lebron are. Neither is Melo.

We get it, Kobe shoots contested shots, it gets your panties in a bunch and you start whining and think he's the worst player ever. Do you have anything of objective value to add?

Because they are worth 3 points, it's a risk vs. reward thing, statistically it's an efficient shot cause of its point value, but realistically it isn't.

You know what doesn't happen on a 3 point shot often? Fouls. When Kobe passes to Dwight and Dwight gets hacked under the rim. Kobe gets robbed of an assist. Most of the 3 point shots that you're whining about the Heat taking off Lebron's passes at least give Lebron the CHANCE to get an assist. This goes both ways, you're just making whiny excuses and deluding yourself if you think Lebron could average 12 assists...but then again, you think you can average 12 assists in the NBA. So that's not surprising.

Cloudy

Banned
Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant
Morning coffee with my wife @LadyVB24 (instagram) vanilla latte for me. Passion tea for her #morningaddiction pic.twitter.com/9cE9yTHU

44m lukash MAYYN ‏@lukashMAYYN
@kobebryant @LadyVB24 but..... #SheWasntWithYouShootingInTheGym
Expand

12m Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant
@lukashMAYYN no, she wasn't. She was busy raising our kids #nonanny #respectmothers

lukash MAYYN ‏@lukashMAYYN
@kobebryant you right.... thanks for responding to an obnoxious tweet man

LMAO

what is this argument even about?

Lebron's a better passer than Kobe,who is also a good passer(when it's his focus) everybody knows that.

but vahagn is wrong that Lebron has the ball in his hands every single play(or the majority of the time). That happens late in the 4th where he's making every single play. quarters 1-4.5 he's mostly trying to get the ball in everybody else's hands to get them involved. Hell, one can argue that Kobe handles the ball more than Lebron even with Nash on his team.

Harden is also a good passer. he has the highest apg most for the SG position this year so I wouldn't exactly call Kobe the best passing wing player this year.
You mean like getting assists?

Harden is good you're right.
as in him not making every play. He's letting wade and chalmers make the plays.

Vahagn

what is this argument even about?

Lebron's a better passer than Kobe,who is also a good passer(when it's his focus) everybody knows that.

but vaughn is wrong that Lebron has the ball in his hands every single play. That happens late in the 4th where he's making every single play. quarters 1-4.5 he's mostly trying to get the ball in everybody else's hands to get them involved. Hell, one can argue that Kobe handles the ball more than Lebron even with Nash on his team.

Harden is also a good passer. he has the highest apg most for the SG position this year so I wouldn't exactly call Kobe the best passing wing player this year.

You mean like getting assists?

Harden is good you're right.

shira

Because they are worth 3 points, it's a risk vs. reward thing, statistically it's an efficient shot cause of its point value, but realistically it isn't.

Huh? You tell me what the most efficient shots are then. Nobody can shoot the long 2 effectively except Dirk for the last few years.

Whoops, Woodson said about Kidd "I just wanted to get him rest"...

So you play him on the first game of a b2b despite a sore back and start him the next day, where he could only play 5 minutes? Then state that if Knicks get locked into a playoff spot at the end of the year he may rest Kidd a week?

*sigh* I love Mike, but either he's putting some dumb levels of trust in the players or making some head-scratching decisions lately. And don't get me started on rotations and matchups.
DOEZ HE PASS BETTER INTERIORLY
I swear to God later on alot of people are going to read the last 2-3 pages and be like "what the fuck did I miss?"

Fox318

Whoops, Woodson said about Kidd "I just wanted to get him rest"...

So you play him on the first game of a b2b despite a sore back and start him the next day, where he could only play 5 minutes? Then state that if Knicks get locked into a playoff spot at the end of the year he may rest Kidd a week?

*sigh* I love Mike, but either he's putting some dumb levels of trust in the players or making some head-scratching decisions lately. And don't get me started on rotations and matchups.

I swear to God later on alot of people are goign to read the last 2-3 pages and be like "what the fuck did I miss?"

I'd go with him trusting the players too much.

ohNOitsRO

Sigh

1) In that 81 point game, Kobe shot 90% from the FT line at 20 attempts. 60% from the Field, and 53% from the 3 point line. Scoring 81 points on 46 shots is like scoring 40 points on 23 shots. That's CRAZY EFFICIENT. If you think Melo can shoot 46 times and shoot 60/53/90...you're on crack. That's a once in a lifetime performance.

2) Brandon Jennings had one 55 point game and then nothing past 45 points or even close after that. Plus he shoots a horrible %. Kobe and Melo shoot similar % but Kobe is more prolific because he's as efficient but able to have much bigger scoring games. How you don't see this, show's how hard headed you are in desperately trying to make a point.

3) Durant can dominate the ball plenty, Durant's problem is that his strength is catch and shoot. Durant is not NEARLY as good of a passer as Kobe or Lebron is, he's not nearly as good at running a team as Kobe and Lebron are. Neither is Melo.

We get it, Kobe shoots contested shots, it gets your panties in a bunch and you start whining and think he's the worst player ever. Do you have anything of objective value to add?

You know what doesn't happen on a 3 point shot often? Fouls. When Kobe passes to Dwight and Dwight gets hacked under the rim. Kobe gets robbed of an assist. Most of the 3 point shots that you're whining about the Heat taking off Lebron's passes at least give Lebron the CHANCE to get an assist. This goes both ways, you're just making whiny excuses and deluding yourself if you think Lebron could average 12 assists...but then again, you think you can average 12 assists in the NBA. So that's not surprising.

1) Dude you keep talking as if those are Kobe's career marks, are you fucking kidding me? You JUST said its a once in a lifetime game, and Melo is CAPABLE of a game like that.. It most likely won't happen but on 46 shots if you don't think Melo is CAPABLE then you dont know fucking basketball period.. Are you fucking kidding me lol

2) Kobe's ABLE to have bigger scoring games? Sure cause its Kobe, no argument there, but fluctuating high scoring individual performances isnt a metric for what I'm arguing... How many times has Kobe shot his team OUT of a game? How many times has Melo? And I'm talking about consecutive tough as shit bricks that just deflates your team.. Melo has the ball in his hands way less than Kobe and they have similar stats.. That's efficiency from Melo

3)What are you talking about? You realize even while getting fouled if Dwight makes it in its an assist right? How is that NOT a chance for Kobe to get an assist? A make is a make an assist is an assist, and in the paint even if you're getting fouled IF YOU'RE DWIGHT, the ball should MOST DEFINITELY be more likely to go in than a three point shot..

4) And Good to know you don't know what an exaggeration is.. I said I'd average 12 assists on the lakers in pick and roll situations jokingly CLEARLY But since I have to spoon feed you every little meaning of what I mean, replace me with "INSERT_D_LEAGUE_POINT_GUARD_HERE"

I feel bad for whatever other fans of the team you like have to associate with you

ohNOitsRO

Huh? You tell me what the most efficient shots are then. Nobody can shoot the long 2 effectively except Dirk for the last few years.

The long 2 is considered one of the most inefficient shots in the nba

Edit: Just cause it goes in for dirk, doesn't mean it is for anyone else lol

And in the paint is obviously most efficient

ohNOitsRO

Be the bigger man and don't respond Vahgan. Please. For all our sakes.

What's wrong with basketball discussion? It was fine and dandy until dude had to be a baby and start throwing out insults..

Why can't we have differentiating opinions without it turning into a shitfest?

You realize we don't have to agree on everything right? :O

Cloudy

Banned
http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/35614/lakers-rise-as-dantonis-offense-ditched

Thought Mike D'Antoni's offense was a bad fit for these Lakers? Guess what. They're not running it.

This shouldn't be a huge secret, considering that the person best fitted for running D'Antoni's sets, Steve Nash, has been playing off the ball the last two games.

When the Lakers hit their breaking point this week with a pathetic 0-3 road trip that brought them eight games under .500 at just past the midway point of the season, D'Antoni was taking just as much heat as anybody for being unwilling to change his system.

Well, playing Kobe Bryant, one of the top shooting guards ever to lace them up, at point guard is as drastic a change as they come.

"This isn't necessarily any offense," Nash said after the Lakers' 105-96 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday. "This is bringing the ball down, calling over a pick and playing the game and because we have good players on the floor, when (Bryant) distributes we can make them pay for leaning too much to Kobe. When they lean too much to us, he makes them pay."

Mutiny? lol

So Jazz-age what would it take for you to do a sign and trade with the Bobcats for Jefferson? This is what we have:

1) top 12 protected Portland 1st
2) top 14, top 8, number one protected Detroit 1st
3) Biyombo
4) Sessions
5) Gordon
6) Henderson
7) 12 million in expiring contracts

Top Bottom