• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.
AC Milan fan or is it Inter?

balotelli_1679742a.jpg

i'm a fan of making fun of inturd, i don't know if that counts

I basically follow Argentine and American players abroad, but will watch any good game on TV.

My European squad is Tottenham...I try following them closely. I try to catch Man City, too, due to Tevez, Aguero, and Zabaleta.

Askani

I've found that I'll pretty much watch any soccer. I went to my parents a month or so ago and the had beIN sports in their TV subscription. I had it on the entire day at one point. It's the only sport I can really watch without being invested in a team playing.

That being said, I like EPL alot, but I'm not particularly invested in a specific team yet. I follow results for Norwich because of Kamara and Wiggan because of Espinoza, but they aren't my team. I'd like to have one though. Hoping one jumps out at me sometime.

I only have time to follow one league in depth, so I focus mostly on MLS. I tentatively follow Tottenham in the EPL during the offseason, but I find I can't really get into a league where you know where your team's going to be, plus or minus two places, before a single ball is kicked. All European leagues either have a devastating lack of parity or are inferior on the field anyway, so why not just follow MLS at that point?

For leagues, I only follow MLS... but I do watch every Newcastle United match even though I don't pay attention to anything else happening in the EPL.

Osorio

I only have time to follow one league in depth, so I focus mostly on MLS. I tentatively follow Tottenham in the EPL during the offseason, but I find I can't really get into a league where you know where your team's going to be, plus or minus two places, before a single ball is kicked. All European leagues either have a devastating lack of parity or are inferior on the field anyway, so why not just follow MLS at that point?

Precisely. I like going into the season knowing nothing is a given. And with the parity there's never a game where I don't feel like watching because it's rare for two teams to be completely uneven in skill.

I'll watch other leagues as a neutral but you won't see me give two fucks unless it's Metro or DC (who I root to lose).

Askani

God damn. Off the woodwork and then over shot on an open goal. Sounders so lucky right now to still be in this game.

Askani

Well, they are now 1-5-2 in their last 8 games. I don't think he's on his way out the door already, but he's certainly not doing himself any favors.

I don't think the losses have been Sigi's fault either. It's not like he's making bad line up decisions or bad tactical decisions, the team is just playing like crap. They didn't show up for a good 70 minutes of that game last night. No movement off the ball, no real defensive effort to win back possession, and then when they finally did win possession back, they squandered it on really poor passes. I can't think of a player on the squad that I would say put in a really solid performance yesterday. Hell, I think Sammy Ochoa probably put in the best performance out of any of the Sounders yesterday. Sammy. Ochoa.

Sharlie Joseph was so dreadful last night. Every touch he had in midfield was a bad one.

Sounders should have had enough goals to advance. A lot of miscues but Zakuani not wanting to ever take a crucial shot was sad to see.

EDIT: But at least they made it interesting unlike the Galaxy.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I think NY is going to easily win today. We have been horrible this year and Olsen keeps making excuses and tries to defend Pajoy despite how horrible he is.

Nesotenso

Sounders drop more points at home. not looking pretty.

On the bright side, Yedlin has a lot of promise. Great to see many young guys break into the first team in MLS.

Brinbe

Couldn't be more Toronto if they tried, oh God... can't say Philly didn't deserve the point (and probably more)

Sounders drop more points at home. not looking pretty.

On the bright side, Yedlin has a lot of promise. Great to see many young guys break into the first team in MLS.

New England have conceded twice in five games. Any team in the league would struggle to scores against them with their two first choice forwards out.

Not hitting the panic button yet, but man do we need to start racking up points nowish

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Judder or Osorio:

Has Cahill still been completely useless? That $4.5 million could be used for something else to improve the Red Bulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom