• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reffing wasn't great by any means but Philly had so many chances to score. Bendik made saved after save and kept Toronto in the game. We are lucky to get even that one point out of it.
It was a road game though so I'm happy with it obviously.

GRW810

That made the Fire farce almost bearable. We've beaten the Philth and Scum now. Season can end right now for all I care, won't get any better than that. Feels good.

Great performance, don't see that too often from NY. Solid and complete from back to front. That Olave is a goalscoring machine.

George John scored a goal ans is bleeding after getting bottled by his own fans.

Good justice to the end of that game since John was called for the weak Villareal penalty. (Meaning his goal not him being pelted.)

Three times I've had fantasy manager players take penalty kicks this year and they have missed all three times. Have to love those negative points.

Nesotenso

FC Dallas fans, if there is one here, what was the larger crowd against L.A ? Some special promotion or was it because they are doing well ? but good to see better home support. hope they can sustain it.

Osorio

FC Dallas fans, if there is one here, what was the larger crowd against L.A ? Some special promotion or was it because they are doing well ? but good to see better home support. hope they can sustain it.

LA have had the greatest road attendance for years.

As for yesterday, BEAUTIFUL

Osorio

I'll be going to tonight's game.

Petke is worried about Henry and Cahill's stamina with 3 games in 7 days so I expect Espindola and Peggy up top with Henry making it as a sub if necessary.

Askani

I'll be going to tonight's game.

Petke is worried about Henry and Cahill's stamina with 3 games in 7 days so I expect Espindola and Peggy up top with Henry making it as a sub if necessary.

SKC also hasn't played since the 5th so we should be well rested.

Such a long stretch is good and bad. I hope we actually "show up tonight". After you then it's the other side of the freaking country to L.A. on Saturday. Couple of tough away games to be sure.

Enjoy the game, but not too much. Your misery probably will be proportionate to my pleasure. :p

Askani

How do you not call that against Sapong getting held and then shoved down. Such bullshit. This ref always loses control of games.

Also, holy shit. What a stupid fucking thing for Juninho to do. Deserved card. Classy fans btw. That's what you chant against? Sure...ok.

Askani

Rough game. Pumped to have a win here. NY definitely had their share of chances. Happy nothing came from them.

Also, seriously, is it just me or does Chapman always lose control of games? Seems like they are usually pretty chippy by the end of matches he calls.

Nesotenso

Henry should have scored when he was given the chance. NY had opportunities in the 2nd half where they could have done better in the box. Dumb card for Juninho. I can understand getting frustrated at Neilsen for time wasting but use your head man.

Meier

Big news for Orlando City! Seems like it is only a matter of time.

ORLANDO MAYOR BUDDY DYER CONFIRMS LAND PURCHASE DOWNTOWN IS PREFERRED STADIUM SITE

City of Orlando has bought 21 parcels of land along Church Street, a block West of Amway Center

Major news occurred Wednesday night, with Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer confirming to WFTV Channel 9 that the land the City of Orlando has been acquiring downtown is the preferred site for a multi-purpose soccer stadium. The two blocks where the stadium will be located are bordered by Central Boulevard, Church Street, Terry and Parramore avenues.

In an interview with WFTV Channel 9, Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer said the location would be a ‘perfect’ spot for the potential soccer stadium.

“I can tell you with certainty that is where we would like to construct the stadium,” he said in the interview. “It makes sense.”

Orlando ownership have stated that the club is aiming for entry into MLS by the end of 2013, and with it, play in a new downtown stadium by the 2015 MLS season.
http://orlandocitysoccer.com/news/?article_id=1289

Intra-league loan system announced
MLS said:
Major League Soccer introduces intra-league loan system for first time in league history
APRIL 19, 2013
Simon Borg
MLSsoccer.com

NEW YORK — For the first time in league history, Major League Soccer has implemented a rule that permits loans between its clubs, and it's quietly been in place since the beginning of the 2013 season.

The existence of the trade mechanism since the very start of the league in 1996 meant that loans were initially deemed unnecessary within the MLS structure.

But times have changed. With the proliferation of MLS academies, the expansion of rosters and the increase in squad depth — especially the signing of more accomplished and talented young players — means there's more flexibility. And now, more opportunities for those young players.

"The loan rule is meant to get young guys moving more within the league, especially if they're not playing for their team," explains MLS vice president of player relations and competition Lino DiCuollo. "Teams can now execute trades involving loans, without having to permanently give up a player's rights."

Your team has a crisis at left back? Now it can arrange for a trade involving the loan of a young left back who is riding the pine on another MLS team. The terms of that trade, which can include other considerations exchanging hands in addition to the loan, are negotiated between the teams and approved by the league.

But there are some basic guidelines that govern loans, as explained by DiCuollo:

I) Only players 24 years of age or younger are eligible for loans;
II) Loans must be executed within the primary transfer window of a given MLS season (Feb. 12-May 6 in 2013);
III) All loans run through the end of the MLS season (player reverts to his original club only after MLS Cup);
IV) Roster slot and budget considerations surrounding the loan are subject to negotiation between the two clubs;
V) There are no limits on the number of loans involving any one team (incoming or outgoing loans).

We'll see which player makes history and becomes the first intra-league loanee.

The clock is ticking, however. If it's going to happen, there are only 18 more days left in the primary transfer window closes.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...intra-league-loan-system-first-time-league-hi

Just spreading the word cause I enjoy the show and hope it gets more listeners.

NASN (North American Soccer Network) run a daily 2 hour MLS/NASL/USMNT etc.. morning live show/podcast. 9am EST to 11am with Jason Davis.
Players call in, they have live call in and tweets-in, etc..
I tune in via my PC some mornings but most times stream the show later at night.
It just launched last week and has great interviews and commentary on the league.

Heres the link for the web site, it runs all day with programs about American soccer/MLS
http://nasn.tv/

You can catch most of the shows via podcast at Stitcher and iTunes or just listen via the web to the channel.

Nesotenso

Dunno much about Florida, or Orlando, but is it a hotbed for sports?

Florida in general doesn't seem like it's the best place for pro sports attendance.

I don't know how much of a soccer city Orlando is but they had 9000 people in attendance for their last game which is likely more than Chivas USA have managed all season.

Hieberrr

UGH FUCK! DID WE REALLY HAVE TO CONCEDE THAT LAST CORNER?! WE COULD'VE HAD 12 POINTS!!! E(NR(*#T@G%&*CT#*&@%N#(@&BP@#JBV HB{:BJDB
LLShC.gif

DYNAMOOOOOO! What an amazing header with just a few seconds left in stoppage time. With just 10 men on the field, what a great way to get a point out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom