• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

Awesome goal for the Galaxy. Great touches and they just kept working it until they put it in the net. Nice work.

Askani

Sweet Jesus! I had to leave last night around the 75th-80th minute of the game. It looked like Galaxy had the game, not locked down, but certainly under control. Then I pull up the MLS website today and see the final score. Looks like I left at exactly the wrong time.

Askani

http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2013...ity-kan-national-training-and-coaching-develo

SportingKC.com said:
Sporting Club and the U.S. Soccer Federation announced on Friday that the two organizations have agreed to a memorandum of understanding to jointly explore bringing a new National Training and Coaching Development Center to Kansas City, Kan. Together they are studying a proposed project that would be designed to develop a world-class soccer training facility and serve as the premier destination in the United States for player, coaching and referee innovation.

The three initiatives of the National Training and Coaching Development Center would be world-class infrastructure, education and youth development. The mission is to vertically integrate a system of physiological, technical, scientific, psychological and information-driven development for players, coaches and referees of all ages.

There are more than 20,000 licensed soccer coaches in the United States and nearly 150,000 soccer officials across the country. U.S. Soccer, which is celebrating its 100 Year Anniversary today, is committed to providing education resources and courses to foster consistent and quality instruction.

The state-of-the-art campus would be designed, developed and operated as a world-class training facility dedicated to the future of American soccer. At a projected cost of $50 million, the National Training and Coaching Development Center would host U.S. National Team camps, coaching education and referee development programming.

U.S. Soccer will also explore the feasibility of establishing futsal and/or small-sided soccer programming to be managed out of the National Training and Coaching Development Center.
The first step in the realization of the National Training and Coaching Development Center is to identify a site. By Monday, Sporting Club will issue a Request for Proposals to Wyandotte County land owners and real estate brokers in an effort to help identify the best available location for the National Training and Coaching Development Center.

Askani

Fucking amazing! SKC absolutely did not quit on that play and they earned every bit of that goal. Beautiful.

Hieberrr

Shit son, I just saw Bieler's goal. KC fans went bananas up in that bitch
KuGsj.gif

Askani

Shit son, I just saw Bieler's goal. KC fans went bananas up in that bitch
KuGsj.gif

I went nuts at home. I expected my neighbors to come check on me and find out what all the yelling was about.

That was a great move. With what little we get to see of him, I feel Saad has good technique. just needs more game time to develop.

That made me feel great about Saad. I've been down on him lately I know, but that was such a great piece of skill and control. Was awesome to see that from him.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Accidental or not, if it had been one of our players judo chopping someone in the throat they would definitely have been given a red card and suspended.

Dartastic

Wait a second. Did silvestre just get a card 30 seconds later after a play? After he obviously had a clean challenge and hit the ball first? WTF.

I seriously hate this ref. I swear to god, he's had it out for us for years.

Hieberrr

Wait a second. Did silvestre just get a card 30 seconds later after a play? After he obviously had a clean challenge and hit the ball first? WTF.

That was the dumbest yellow card....

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

Which is funny because Salazar has actually improved as a ref. He used to be even worse.

Dartastic

That was the dumbest yellow card....
It was some fucking bullshit. And the play that sent out Valeri out of the game got nothing? Come on. You don't jump up for a challenge like that unless you know someone is behind you and you wanna put them out. Valeri takes chances, and they took him out. I fucking hate that bald ass mother fucking Timbers hating ref. I should make a video collage showing all the biased plays that fucker has called against us.

Hieberrr

It was some fucking bullshit. And the play that sent out Valeri out of the game got nothing? Come on. You don't jump up for a challenge like that unless you know someone is behind you and you wanna put them out. Valeri takes chances, and they took him out. I fucking hate that bald ass mother fucking Timbers hating ref. I should make a video collage showing all the biased plays that fucker has called against us.

Salazar is so shit :lol. I can't believe he still hasn't improved.

Dartastic

ONCE AGAIN. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT. WORTHY OF A FUCKING RED CARD EASILY. Houston fans, your team is fucking playing scummy as fuck.

Dartastic

Okay. I am extremely happy with that result. Not necessarily just because of the score, but because of the way our team performed.

It seemed like Caleb Porter's style of coaching is finally starting to gel. It takes time to get used to, but tonight it really became quite apparent that we are starting to get it. It became more obvious once we got the first goal. For the majority of the game we had posession, but after that goal... it felt like we were constantly on Houston's side of the field. That was extremely impressive play by the Timbers, and it was what I thought Caleb Porter could bring to the team. I'm really, really excited for the rest of the season now.

What I'm not happy with? Houston and Salazar. Seriously, fuck that shit. The amount of egregious fouls that Houston committed and the lack of any sort of foul called was disgusting. Ranging from - an elbow to the face, a body check from a goalie to a player, a call against a Timber about half a minute after the "foul" was committed (when it was obviously a clean challenge) and IMO, the worst of all, that last post I made. Where uh, A HOUSTON PLAYER WAS OBVIOUSLY SHOVING A TIMBERS PLAYER.

Fuck that shit. We deserved that win. I wanna make a highlight video of how fucking terrible Salazar is. Fire that piece of shit.

Just got back from the FIre game, sitting in Section 8. Great game, solid atmosphere. It was my first real MLS game and I had a great time. It was nice to see the Fire finally put some goals on the board and get a W. Henry was slightly disappointing, but w/e, the Fire won!

Osorio

Game was simply terrible.

We controlled the game and possession for most of the game, creating great chances scoffed because Peggy can't get anything in the fucking net. Every time the Fire got the ball we managed to take it away effectively up until the last 10 fucking minutes of the game where Santos showed Peggy how it's fucking done.

I'm fucking infuriated. I would've been pissed at a 1-1 draw and we walked away with a loss.

FUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom