• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I was assuming this would happen since they just signed a new striker a little while ago.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/kamara-loan-ends-808356.aspx

Apparently there was no contract tendered and he's on his way back to Sporting KC.

Yeah, that transfer (RVW) is contingent on them staying up but I guess they feel like they're safe enough at this point. I suppose if they went down they may come back for him if they were pleased by his performance.

Nice article on NASL's Minnesota United FC's rebrand.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...-together-the-remaking-of-minnesota-united-fc

edit:

and I agree this is a great retro logo (no this isn't their current badge)

Minnesota_Kicks.png

Askani

Sounds like Juan Agudelo is being loaned from Chivas to New England for the rest of the season for allocation money.

Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves

Revs renting Agudelo for 2/3rds of a season. He’s in final year of his deal and can’t see him re-signing. Wonder what Chivas USA does next.

Askani

sucks balls really. stupid pattern here

No kidding. They just keep eating our lunch.

We had the lion's share of setup plays on goal, but they were better on breakaways. They were going down to the ground a little soft second half and getting some set pieces too. Something had to give. I really do think we were the better team for 93 minutes but that last little breakdown sealed it. We could have and should have done better on that goal.

I don't know what needs to happen, but something has to give. We have to get goals. Have to. With our team and the talent and the speed it's just unacceptable to lose these 1-0 games. We should be talking about them forcing a 1-1 draw instead if a loss, at a minimum.

And next we play Houston who always has our number too.

Nesotenso

No kidding. They just keep eating our lunch.

We had the lion's share of setup plays on goal, but they were better on breakaways. They were going down to the ground a little soft second half and getting some set pieces too. Something had to give. I really do think we were the better team for 93 minutes but that last little breakdown sealed it. We could have and should have done better on that goal.

I don't know what needs to happen, but something has to give. We have to get goals. Have to. With our team and the talent and the speed it's just unacceptable to lose these 1-0 games. We should be talking about them forcing a 1-1 draw instead if a loss, at a minimum.

And next we play Houston who always has our number too.

who if I am not mistaken have the longest unbeaten streak at home. Top 5 in the East seems like it is going to be real congested. Dropping points at home is bad. And I agree we were slightly better until that last defensive breaksown.

Hieberrr

I don't fucking get this team...

You can't play a defensive game when you are bloody terrible at counter attacks.

You can't keep booting the ball to clear it, because you're giving the ball right back to your opposition. Why even bother playing this if you're going to give them chances after chances.

Keep the fucking ball on the ground and build through the (nonexistent) midfield. If you win the ball, it's your turn to play offense.

This team is really frustrating to watch and I'm running out of patience really quickly.

Osorio

This is one of the best Metro sides I've ever seen. The team had an off day and they still looked brilliant. Everybody except Robles. I was ready to forgive him with 3 solid games in a row and he does that bullshit at the end. Henry is pure class, and I have to give props to Cahill for looking decent at D-Mid.

Chanting, "THREE ROAD POINTS" in Sporting Park is always fun. Forecast said thunderstorms, but thankfully it was beautiful until about 30 minutes after the game ended.

We should get a chant specifically making fun of all of our last-minute goals. Something like "Give us your full 94?"

blurrygil

Chanting, "THREE ROAD POINTS" in Sporting Park is always fun. Forecast said thunderstorms, but thankfully it was beautiful until about 30 minutes after the game ended.

We should get a chant specifically making fun of all of our last-minute goals. Something like "Give us your full 94?"

Were you there, Cad? Did you travel with my boys and the ECS?

Watching the game on TV, as the second half started, I reminded my wife how often the Sounders have pulled off last minutre heroics against SKC. I brought up the 2 goals in the last 4 minutes or whatever that Rosales/Neagle did two years back. Then Fletcher/Keller started bringing it up.

When Traore knocked that one in, I went crazy (but somehow didn't wake the baby)

Askani

I didn't even rage. Normally I would have been fuming if it was anything else from any other team. But this was SKC and Seattle and I was just like...

noUIcHR.png

You guys needs to be sure to thank Collin too. It was his bad pass that led the to corner and it was his whiff of the corner clearance that gave Traore the chance. Traore damn sure made the most of it though.

If it's any consolation, Collin/Zusi are the backbone of my fantasy team, so their lackluster performances didn't help me much there

Were you there, Cad? Did you travel with my boys and the ECS?

Didn't travel with ECS; I was in KC to visit family a few days before the game. But I did sit in their section and attended their tailgate for like the 15 minutes I managed to get there after misnavigating mass transit around here.

KC fans were cool, as usual. It's pretty cool that the whole stadium gets in on the "I believe" and "Everybody" chants. Some mostly good-natured banter back and forth, though I was rather confused at the "bottom of the league" chants as we were leaving. In point of fact, we're not bottom anymore, and we have like a million games in hand on everyone, but whatever. We'll see you guys come playoff time :p

Askani

You should have mentioned you were in town. I would have hid your dead body in a dumpster in the West Bottoms bought you a beer.

blurrygil

KC fans were cool, as usual. It's pretty cool that the whole stadium gets in on the "I believe" and "Everybody" chants.

I hate those chants with such a burning passion. They're so little league-ish. Whatever, I hate every other club in this league anyways. So the chats are just as in my path of hate...

In other news

League getting it right...again:

Disciplinary Committee: Unique Actions for Unique Plays: Steven Lenhart, Paulo Nagamura, Eddie Johnson

And....again!

Red card to Real Salt Lake's Carlos Salcedo rescinded after review by PRO, yellow issued to Tony Beltran

Nesotenso

I haven't seen Philadelphia matches for the full 90 min. , but is Jack McInerney for real ?

or does look like another Wondo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom