• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

After today's match I'm genuinely thinking we might be able to win it all this year. Amazing how the team turned around in one year.

ATF487

I was going to go to the Revs game because it's at Harvard Stadium instead of Gillette and it's only $10, but Bruins Game 1 is tonight >.>

I went to this, you missed a good game

Revs haven't been this good to watch since those cup run years. Wish I didn't cancel cable so I could watch more games; I'd get MLS live but they have those pesky blackout rules...

Osorio

Revs haven't been this good to watch since those cup run years. Wish I didn't cancel cable so I could watch more games; I'd get MLS live but they have those pesky blackout rules...

Rowe and Agudelo are beast

Yeah, going to that game would've been less draining and heartbreaking. I'm probably going to make it to a few more Revs games this year; should be good.

Pctx

Banned
After today's match I'm genuinely thinking we might be able to win it all this year. Amazing how the team turned around in one year.

Agreed. I can't wait for us to route Galaxy this Wednesday and look down from Mt. Olympus and laugh at the mere mortal teams. :)

On a lighter note, any one else in the league hear any chatter on any big names during the Transfer season to the MLS?

Dartastic

Agreed. I can't wait for us to route Galaxy this Wednesday and look down from Mt. Olympus and laugh at the mere mortal teams. :)

On a lighter note, any one else in the league hear any chatter on any big names during the Transfer season to the MLS?
THAT WOULD MAKE ME SO HAPPY. I'm probably gonna be at 442 watching that and cheering like a madman.

Meier

This is kind of an interesting idea. These will be worn by the Dynamo during warmups.

BM_flMQCIAAovsm.jpg

Dartastic

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST AUGH THAT WAS WAY TOO CLOSE.

...it should have never happened though. There was a blatant foul moving forward on that play.

xbhaskarx

Robbie Rogers cant play at this level right now. He is nothing more than a publicity stunt. Too bad.
Not sure what Arena was thinking, he was an average MLS player before he went to England and got injured and didn't play soccer for 18 months. The publicity is certainly not worth making the team considerably worse.

Remy

The first episode of MLS Insider on NBCSN was very good. Cahill is just an awesome guy.

http://m.mlssoccer.com/video/2013/06/21/tim-cahill-robbie-rogers-sons-ben-mls-insider-episode-1

He really is. One of the nicest guys in our locker room.

That said - I'm more than a little amused at the Cahill piece because of the DC United segment. You know when Cahill's talking about the "30 or so media guys" who all wanted to get at Kenny Cooper after the game? And they go to that shot of him saying "I don't want Kenny to talk" or something like that to me media?

The bearded guy that's clearly visible in the shot is me.

So I guess that makes me the face of MLS media villainy!

What is the focus of the show? All of the leagues?

Planned ESPN FC TV highlights:

•A daily destination show that will offer U.S. fans “need-to-know” soccer news and information from across the globe

•Employ ESPN FC’s global reporters, columnists and team bloggers for breaking news, rumors and player-transfer news, focusing primarily on the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Spain’s La Liga, Major League Soccer, U.S. Men’s National Soccer Team and the Mexican National Team

•In-depth analysis and opinion-based discussion of topical issues in soccer featuring a rotation of seasoned pundits with diverse perspectives

•Interviews with newsmakers, and timely features and profiles of key personalities in the sport

•Previews of key matches throughout the soccer calendar year (eg. El Clásico, Manchester Derby, top-tier UEFA Champions League matchups, select FIFA World Cup qualifying matchups such as USA vs. Mexico, and more).

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2013/05/espn-to-launch-daily-soccer-studio-program/

http://www.mlssoccer.com/blog/post/...soccer-landscape-studio-show-set-debut-august

Askani

So...I don't know what just happened in the SKC/Dallas game. SKC had a set piece, we put the ball in the box, it looks like he called a foul on us which disallowed our goal. Then suddenly it's a penalty. Weird. I guess for pulling Collin down in the box by his jersey? That was all I saw. The announcers said it was for a handball but I'm not sure. Need to check the replay.

Mark Geiger sucks. Pretty inconsistent calls on both sides.

Nice to see our full lineup back finally. Zusi and Besler are bursting with confidence and are looking great. Zusi is really working for the ball.

Our offensive third needs to get on the same page though. Same old story.

Also, there's easily over 600 Cauldron supporters in Dallas for the game. Great to see.

Askani

These last two games are going to be really hard to swallow. I was still down from the Orlando game but now this...frustrating is a huge goddamn understatement.

wtf was that red card about ? League should review this shit.

Dallas player on the ground. Head ref bent over him looking down. Ball kicked back towards Sapong who was running by. Hits his foot and bounces off the the ref and the player. Didn't look anything like intentional. Ref pulls straight red. He didn't see the intent or the kick. He didn't talk to the linesmen or fourth official. Just card.

EDIT :::::

Looks like Sapong was trying to stop the ball from hitting the down player and didn't deflect it enough and it hit him. No intent.

Osorio

700 of us going down for this match, lots of the FO too.

I'm unfortunately not one of them :(

I guess that gives me faith for this game though I'm 0-10 (some draws in there though) in road trips.

700 of us going down for this match, lots of the FO too.

I'm unfortunately not one of them :(

I guess that gives me faith for this game though I'm 0-10 (some draws in there though) in road trips.

There's a 99% chance your club wins today

I'm a Union season ticket holder who will be there and we have been pretty awful this year. We still have yet to beat a good team all year and have mostly only gotten draws against bad teams.

WE LOST TO DC UNITED LAST WEEK!!!.

That should give you all the confidence you need, and NJPC have owned us home or away for the past 2 years. I'm expecting a 3-1 defeat where McInerney scores 1st then we get bossed for the rest of the game.

Osorio

I'm a Union season ticket holder who will be there and we have been pretty awful this year. We still have yet to beat a good team all year and have mostly only gotten draws against bad teams.

That should give you all the confidence you need, and NJPC have owned us home or away for the past 2 years. I'm expecting a 3-1 defeat where McInerney scores 1st then we get bossed for the rest of the game.

We're missing Olave which means our centerback pairing will be Holgersson and Pearce. Holgersson NEEDS Olave because Holgersson is the kinda player that steps up as the first defender and Olave cleans up if necessary. With Pearce in there they both play the same sorta role leaving easy breaks for forwards. Plus with Cahill and Juninho out it's not looking good.

I'd love a win no fucking doubt but Metro knows how to bring me down come summertime.

Reverse jinx worked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom