• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osorio

We're missing Olave which means our centerback pairing will be Holgersson and Pearce. Holgersson NEEDS Olave because Holgersson is the kinda player that steps up as the first defender and Olave cleans up if necessary. With Pearce in there they both play the same sorta role leaving easy breaks for forwards. Plus with Cahill and Juninho out it's not looking good.

I'd love a win no fucking doubt but Metro knows how to bring me down come summertime.

Called it.

Wtf happened to Pearce?

Finally made it the top of the GAF Fantasy Manager table with a nice even 1000 total points.

This has been fun (and extremely close) so far but next year we should do Head to Head format.

Askani

Reminder: The Quarter Finals of the US Open Cup are tonight.

Bracket: http://thecup.us/2013-us-open-cup-bracket/

Schedule:
Code:
All times are Eastern.

Away Team                      Time     Home Team
---------------                -----    ----------
Carolina RailHawks (NASL)       5:30	Real Salt Lake (MLS)
New England Revolution (MLS)	7:00	DC United (MLS)
Orlando City SC (USL Pro)       8:30	Chicago Fire (MLS)
Portland Timbers (MLS)	        9:00    FC Dallas (MLS)

Jeff-DSA

I'm trying to swing tickets to the RSL match tonight. Cost isn't an issue, time is. I have to wiggle out of an earlier commitment.

Real has been playing some beautiful soccer the last few weeks. They've really figured out how to manage the rotations well and teams are having fits keeping pace with us. As we move into the hotter weather, and being so spoiled with so many quality forwards, the second half should almost always be an advantage for RSL.

I've got a buddy that's from Portland. He's been here for years, and he's a diehard RSL fan. Naturally he likes Portland too. This is basically just a dream season for him so far.

Askani

Just checked the scores and saw Orlando got smoked for 5 goals. Wasn't expecting that.

2 reds and no goals for Dwyer? Dang.

Askani

SKC making moves.

First twitter:

"Robb Heineman ‏@RobbHeineman 4h
Excited @Ddwyer14 back w us 2day. Should b some good mojo. We appreciate what a great situation he had with team and fans in OC. #thanks"

Then the full story:

OrlandoCitySoccer.com said:
ORLANDO, Fla.— Orlando City (USL PRO) and Sporting Kansas City (Major League Soccer) announced Thursday that Forward Dom Dwyer will be recalled from the Lions, returning to Kansas City today. Dwyer holds the league all-time single season scoring record with 15 goals through 13 games played.

“We are always aware of the loan agreement that they (Sporting) could call him up,” said Head Coach Adrian Heath. “We respect that decision and it’s something we knew that could happen. He’s a great kid to have around with a great personality, but we are going to continue on with our season. It’s time for one or two players to step up and continue that goal scoring Dom brought to the team.”

Meier

Yeah, was coming to post that. He has earned it! I hope SKC give him significant minutes.. the guy is talented and clearly has the ability to score against MLS competition after how well he played against Colorado. I imagine the clubs agreed to let him stay until OCSC was out of the Cup.

Osorio

I'm trying to swing tickets to the RSL match tonight. Cost isn't an issue, time is. I have to wiggle out of an earlier commitment.

Real has been playing some beautiful soccer the last few weeks. They've really figured out how to manage the rotations well and teams are having fits keeping pace with us. As we move into the hotter weather, and being so spoiled with so many quality forwards, the second half should almost always be an advantage for RSL.

I've got a buddy that's from Portland. He's been here for years, and he's a diehard RSL fan. Naturally he likes Portland too. This is basically just a dream season for him so far.

Both of them won that night too.

Red Bulls U-18s and U-16s are going to the Academy Finals this week. The U-18s has a few players that are signed for the first team (Castaño, Moreno, Obekop, Mizaga) so hopefully it's a sign for things to come.

We have a 32 year old Ugandan centerback that's been playing at Red Bull Salzburg. Unlike other players from the sister club that we got (Markus Schopp, Brian Nielsen) this guy actually looks quality. Holgersson's been playing on the right in practice so that could be a sign that we're signing this guy, and that Pearce is on the chopping block. Maybe he should pay less attention to his hair and more attention to the forwards in front of him.

Nesotenso

Some SKC news:

Zusi signed a new contract with SKC.

Yann Songo, who was on loan with Orlando, has left the team. As per the agreement. SKC has to decide which two players on the squad to send on loan.

Hope Dwyer gets a shot soon.

Nesotenso

I'm guessing there's a real chance to see him tonight. I didn't see that they appealed Sapong's red card so he's out. I figure its pretty likely he comes in as a sub sometime tonight. How soon is the question.

Could be a blessing in disguise. Saad gets a shot.

Askani

Good finish from Kamara. Fantastic pass from Saad to set it up though. He's looked pretty fantastic today. Really opened up the other side of the field and its spreading the Columbus D out. Nice stuff.

Askani

GOD!!! Give a goal, get a goal, And rock solid Sinovic makes the worst mistake I've ever seen him make. And now its level again. Come the fuck on.

Askani

Thank god. Bad clearance from Columbus and good vision from Bieler to see Kamara there. Nice patience from Kamara to finish that goal.

And there comes Dwyer.

Nesotenso

Dwyer already starving for a goal and causing problems. Good to see.

Attack looking a lot better without Peterson and Sapong. Sapong is big and strong but has terrible ball control and finishing. Dwyer is just faster and better than Peterson. Hope that Saad knock was not serious. Backline made mistakes on both goals but hopefully they will clean that up. East is congested and SKC needed that win.

Nesotenso

SJ and LA has been great

Shame SJ down to 10 because of what it seemed like a Juninho dive.

edit : SJ get 2 goals in ET. Crazy game.

edit 2: LA's trade for Robbie Rogers continues to look bad. Zardes is a big and strong forward but he needs to improve his finishing a whole lot.

Osorio

great slate of games today. everyone checkout the highlights when you get the chance.

3 wild finishes.

Philly got what they deserved. That red was suspect, and Perez got the equalizer a few minutes before.

Colorado got a buzzer beater

SJ's finish was insane.

Osorio

Wasn't the called off Dallas goal over the line as well?

That's what I'm saying. They scored an equalizer but the assistant referee didn't catch up to the play in time to see it clearly.

Now on the last play where Perez scored you could argue there was contact with the keeper but fuck it, the game was supposed to be tied regardless.

Nesotenso

Who is the play by play announcer on the Red Bull games ?

That duo is my favorite in MLS. Shep Messing, I assume, is the color comm.

Osorio

Who is the play by play announcer on the Red Bull games ?

That duo is my favorite in MLS. Shep Messing, I assume, is the color comm.

Steven Cangialosi usually but there's Joe Tolleson if he's doing hockey or something

We used to have Tommy Smyth back in the day. Now that was sick!

Great crowd at the game today but the whole match lacked any fluidity. Lade made a good showing at LB, Olave is my favorite player this year.

Askani

MLS team schedules for CONCACAF Champions League:

Code:
[B]Sporting Kansas City[/b]
 8/ 7   at  Real Esteli FC;        10 pm ET, Estadio Independcia, Esteli, Nicaragua
 8/27   at  CD Olimpia;            10 pm ET, Estadio Tiburcio Carias Andino, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
 9/17   vs. Real Esteli FC;         8 pm ET, Sporting Park
10/23   vs. CD Olimpia;             8 pm ET, Sporting Park

[b]Houston Dynamo[/b]
 8/20   at  W Connection;           8 pm ET, in Trinidad and Tobago
 8/27   vs. Arabe Unido;            8 pm ET, BBVA Compass Stadium
 9/25   vs. W Connection;           8 pm ET, BBVA Compass Stadium
10/24   at  Arabe Unido;            8 pm ET, in Panama

[b]Montreal Impact[/b]
 8/ 7   vs. San Jose Earthquakes;   8 pm ET, Stade Saputo
 8/21   at  C.D. Heredia;          10 pm ET, in Guatemala
 9/17   at  San Jose Earthquakes;  10 pm ET, Buck Shaw Stadium
 9/25   vs. C.D. Heredia;           8 pm ET, Stade Saputo

[b]San Jose Earthquakes[/b]
 8/ 7   at  Montreal Impact;        8 pm ET, Stade Saputo
 8/28   at  C.D. Heredia;          10 pm ET, in Guatemala
 9/17   vs. Montreal Impact;       10 pm ET, Buck Shaw Stadium
10/23   vs. C.D. Heredia;          10 pm ET, Buck Shaw Stadium

[b]LA Galaxy[/b]
 8/20   vs. Cartagines;            10 pm ET, StubHub Center
 9/18   vs. Isidro Metapan;        10 pm ET, StubHub Center
 9/25   at  Cartagines;            10 pm ET, in Costa Rica
10/24   at  Isidro Metapan;        10 pm ET, in El Salvador

xbhaskarx

some pics from Quakes vs Galaxy:

iOz9GFe.jpg

Yl7X1KK.jpg

Askani

Supposedly this letter was sent from either the MLS front office, RSL's front office, or both:

Personally, I hate that chant and glad it's gone in KC. But they say self policing is hard and that it's taken like a year to get rid of it here...and it still pops up occasionally.

Happy supporters week! What odd timing.

Supposedly this letter was sent from either the MLS front office, RSL's front office, or both:

Personally, I hate that chant and glad it's gone in KC. But they say self policing is hard and that it's taken like a year to get rid of it here...and it still pops up occasionally.

Happy supporters week! What odd timing.

If Sons of Ben and Philly got this chant to stop anyone can...

Osorio

Fuck that. Children learn that stuff in schools regardless. If you guys have ever been to a sporting event in any league without cursing let me know.

Or maybe it's a NY/NJ thing but cursing is a part of the language.

Another reason this bothers me: YSA is the only thing that gets the crowd riled up at RBA other than the banal "Let's go Metro"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom