• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Bleh. I've been waiting all week for the Disciplinary Committee to suspend Paladini for extra games but I'm guess it's not coming. I don't understand why though. The tackle was nothing but intentional and trying to hurt a guy.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2013-07-07-CHI-v-SKC/highlights/225938

I don't trust the committee to properly suspend players. In our game againat SJ Alan Gordon threw a dirty elbow that sent Ethan White out of the game a few weeks back.

Askani

6Ritkpm.jpg

Don't buy it. You were down 1 goal in stoppage time and we were going to hold the ball in midfield. Pure frustration tackle and its pretty hard to not see malice.

GRW810

What parallel universe am I in? My Red Bulls are... playing well?!

2-0 inside 15 minutes. Can only go downhill from here, right?

What a rocket by Moffat. Christ.

Makes the Fagundez missed opportunity look big, because Revs haven't been able to do a whole lot

e:

Saer Sene!!!

GRW810

Wow, that was a demolition job by the Red Bulls. 4-0 final score. If only they could pay even half as well as that regularly.

GRW810

Montreal looked gassed

Classy move by Henry to get Peggy on the score sheet.
Has the bubble burst, I wonder? They had nothing in them last night. If Impact fall away it really opens up the race for the Supporters Shield.

And yeah Henry did an honorable thing for his teammate. Hopefully this gives Peguy a boost but I still think Espindola is the better option. Look at that assist for Henry's goal.

Askani

Getting pumped for the weekend. We have the mostly #1 in the West RSL versus the the kinda #1 in the East SKC. If RSL win, then the Supporter's Shield and first place in the West are still out of reach. If they lose and Portland win, SKC and Portland will both be within 1 point of first place for the SS as well as Portland being 1 point out of first in the West.

RSL is without Beckerman, Rimando, and Beltran since they are on the Gold Cup squad.

SKC have Besler and Zusi back from USMNT duty as well as Jerome and Joseph from Haiti.

However, since the Gold Cup group stage is done, Klinsman has 4 call ups and Zusi and Besler could be unavailable for the game this weekend as well.

Lots of questions this week and we'll get some answers Saturday. Can't wait!

Askani

Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves
RT @espn700bill: BREAKING @ESPN700 has learned that #RSL has acquired #DCUnited DF Brandon McDonald. McDonald will train with #RSL today.

Trade makes sense 4 both sides. RSL need a CB. McDonald was in DCU's doghouse & Ethan White has really blossomed. Would bet DC eating salary

McDonald carries what is widely-regarded as one of the worst contracts in MLS (overpaid CB). Can't imagine any way DCU not eating salary

If change of scenery helps McDonald find his 2012 form, which was outstanding & key to DCU's good season, RSL title hopes that much stronger

Osorio

Has the bubble burst, I wonder? They had nothing in them last night. If Impact fall away it really opens up the race for the Supporters Shield.

And yeah Henry did an honorable thing for his teammate. Hopefully this gives Peguy a boost but I still think Espindola is the better option. Look at that assist for Henry's goal.

Their two CBs are old and European. The one thing I noticed about Europeans is that they falter their first year in MLS. I mean, sure they play friendlies in the summer, but they don't often have to play entire campaigns in brutal American summers.

The wheels are falling off but it's only mid-way through the season. They may be able to figure it out. Also, Di Vaio is getting too predictable.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
RT @espn700bill: BREAKING @ESPN700 has learned that #RSL has acquired #DCUnited DF Brandon McDonald. McDonald will train with #RSL today.

Trade makes sense 4 both sides. RSL need a CB. McDonald was in DCU's doghouse & Ethan White has really blossomed. Would bet DC eating salary

McDonald carries what is widely-regarded as one of the worst contracts in MLS (overpaid CB). Can't imagine any way DCU not eating salary

If change of scenery helps McDonald find his 2012 form, which was outstanding & key to DCU's good season, RSL title hopes that much stronger

I'm happy with the roster moves we have made. We got rid of crappy contracts (McDonald) and signed a bunch of young players that could turn out to be decent. I'd still like for us to sign someone who can be a starter and score some goals for the team.

Askani

Wow, that guy destroyed Kamara. That's weak card. I think it could be a red. Full shoulder and elbow check into the body. 15 seconds into the game.

Askani

Holy crap! Now they take out Chance Myers. Not playing the ball, just back underneath him while in the air. RSL thuggin today.

Askani

Boom! 10 men and instant capitalization. Nice work.

And should have been a handball penalty anyway. Glad we got the goal in the run if play though.

Nesotenso

this is an ugly game with no flow. Zusi should really do a lot better with crosses and switching the field. Poor game from him

Edit : great no starting CBs against MTL

Askani

Almost everyone of his crosses have been heavy and/or long. He's had good control at his feet, but just not quite on it tonight.

Nesotenso

That was an ugly ugly game from both sides. Wingert from RSL set the tone with an asshole like challenge 30 seconds in. A lot of the guys from SKC guys were poor with passes, crosses going nowhere. But you gotta get 3 points when the other team is down to 10.

Why the fuck did Vermes start Peterson Joseph ? Haitian Xavi my ass.
And no starting CBs against MTL. I guess Olum and Opara have to fill the holes. Vermes can't go 4-3-3 against MTL like this.

Edit: RSL and SKC twitter feeds going at it with MLS stepping in.

https://twitter.com/SportingKC/status/358777700485312512

Askani

This was the epitome of a ref losing control of a game. Say what you want about RSL or SKC playing dirty, both were guilty, but it's all a direct result of the ref'd calls tonight. That first hit on Kamara should have been a red. After that it was just one bad call after another. Then compounded with missed calls and the inconsistency, it was a recipient for disaster. Someone was going to come out with this game and it just happened to be SKC.

Although its easy to be magnanimous when your team comes out with the result from that mess.

The MLS comments section for this game are going to be a clusterfuck.

devilhawk

If the ref was even competent RLS would have been down a man after 30 seconds.

The second yellow on the guy was so obvious it is disgusting. You can't grab a guy who beat you from behind. Period.

You also can't cry about more time being played then the number announced when you had a dude on the ground convulsing for 3 minutes of injury time. That will be added every time.

"A more experience referee" would have given the RSL guy a straight red right away. RSL coach is just whiny. Period.

Askani

Bleh...I still have Soccer hangover from the last week of MLS and USMNT games. And there's a game tomorrow...

Still, onwards and upwards.

It's only half over, but 2013 has already been a good year for Peter Vermes.

A few months after earning an invitation to the U.S. Soccer Hall of Fame and just over a week before he leads the MLS All-Stars into battle against AS Roma, the Sporting Kansas City manager has been rewarded for his leading role in the club's renaissance with a new contract.

Sporting announced on Tuesday morning that Vermes has signed a new deal taking him through the 2017 season as both manager and technical director. He is currently the longest-serving TD in MLS, having manned the post since 2006.

Askani

Wingert got an extra game suspension for his ridiculous hit on Kamara.

Oh, looks like Hassli got an extra game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom