• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nesotenso

SKC seem intent on dropping points at home this season. Playoff spots are not guaranteed. Vermes being outcoached. NY packing it in and counterattacking well.

Vermes is tactically inept.

Nesotenso

well this match is ending on a sour note. hope Kimura is ok.

Red Bulls counterattacked well and their finishing was great. SKC have a lot to ponder and hope some results in the other games go their way. A lot of points are being dropped at home. Shame a record crowd saw a loss.

Dartastic

I love watching games at 4-4-2. LETS GO TIMBERS!!!

FIE5lHPl.jpg

GRW810

Yooooo

That last goal was beautiful. 5 touches, blao.

We just beat Montreal, RSL, and SKC in the span of a few weeks.
If we can add beating lower teams (drew vs TFC, lost to Whitecaps) to our ability to beat LA, RSL, KC and Montreal x2, we might just have a shot at the Shield. I would absolutely love it if we finished the season on top and won that elusive first trophy before the lottery that is the play-offs.

But realistically, we're far too inconsistent to continue the form necessary to win a league. And half the league are a win or two from first place so we're not in a comfortable lead. But I can dream.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
what's a good redbulls message board to follow? The Bigsoccer section is not active..

Maybe check to see if there is an sbnation Red Bulls site.

I can't believe DC won last night. Silva has been a great pickup and I can't wait to see who Toronto are replacing him with.

Osorio

If we can add beating lower teams (drew vs TFC, lost to Whitecaps) to our ability to beat LA, RSL, KC and Montreal x2, we might just have a shot at the Shield. I would absolutely love it if we finished the season on top and won that elusive first trophy before the lottery that is the play-offs.

But realistically, we're far too inconsistent to continue the form necessary to win a league. And half the league are a win or two from first place so we're not in a comfortable lead. But I can dream.

It'll be difficult but we just finished the hardest stretch remaining in our season. We have good depth at every position so injuries that most teams would deem as major have been blips recently. We only just used Segayka and he proved to be quality playing outside of his natural position. Then add Wright-Phillips and the only position that needs a little more depth is LB. Lade's performances have dropped off big time since last year.

I'd rather go for the shield than the cup.

Man, that was a frustrating half for the Revs. Bad giveaway lead to an early goal by TFC, and then just have been unable to finish because TFC is putting everyone back.

Good news is you only have to put together 5 good performances (really three, since you only need one in the two-legged ties to advance) at the end of the season and you get the biggest prize.

Osorio

Good news is you only have to put together 5 good performances (really three, since you only need one in the two-legged ties to advance) at the end of the season and you get the biggest prize.

That's usually unheard of in this league. Which makes the playoffs seem like a crapshoot.

Osorio

To exemplify the parity of this league, the difference in points between 1st and 14th in the Supporter's Shield standings is...8.

There's no league anywhere in the world that I know of with that sort of competitive balance.

I keep meaning to go, but I haven't been to a game yet. FC Kansas City is doing really well from what I gather.

Hey, I didn't realize this existed! Looks like FCKC plays at my old high school, too, just up the road from where we live. I'd like to go see them, too bad the season seems to be pretty much over.

Hey, I didn't realize this existed! Looks like FCKC plays at my old high school, too, just up the road from where we live. I'd like to go see them, too bad the season seems to be pretty much over.

Definitely try to make it out for some playoff games, at least. FCKC seems like a good bet to advance deep.

Meier

This may be of interest to some SKC fans.

Former Orlando City SC Defender Yann Songo’o has officially been signed by English Championship side Blackburn Rovers F.C. after spending time with the club on trial.

The 21 year old impressed the right people at Blackburn, appearing in matches against Wrexham, Portimonense and Fleetwood in friendlies over the past couple of weeks.
He was one of the loanees that came at the start of the season. SKC recalled him then released him.

http://www.orlandocitysoccer.com/news/?article_id=1496

Nesotenso

they booked a place in the playoffs. I wonder if they get seeded high enough and get home field advantage whether SKC would offer Sporting Park. If that happens, I hope the Cauldron and other supporters groups mobilize for them like Timbers Army did for the thorns.

they booked a place in the playoffs. I wonder if they get seeded high enough and get home field advantage whether SKC would offer Sporting Park. If that happens, I hope the Cauldron and other supporters groups mobilize for them like Timbers Army did for the thorns.

NWSL championship game in Sporting Park would be awesome. FCKC has the top seed in the playoffs right now, too.

Yes MLS was around before the Sounders ;)

True, but in 1996 I was too busy listening to punk rock and hating everything to pay attention to MLS. I lived in LA at the time, and don't even remember if I knew the Galaxy existed. The only soccer I cared about at that point were my own games and the world cup.

I'd honestly really love to, but unfortunately I don't think I'm going to be able to get a ticket in the Army section, which is definitely where I wanna sit. :/

Ugh why? Supporters clubs are the worst.

Akim

Banned
Ugh why? Supporters clubs are the worst.

Why? Supporters groups fuel the club. I can't imagine a sounders game without the ECS. I'm not always in the mood to sit with them, but a game without them would be boring. No boom boom clap, no call and repeat, no singing. Zzzz.

Unless you were being sarcastic and it's over my head?

Why? Supporters groups fuel the club. I can't imagine a sounders game without the ECS. I'm not always in the mood to sit with them, but a game without them would be boring. No boom boom clap, no call and repeat, no singing. Zzzz.

Unless you were being sarcastic and it's over my head?

Nah I'm a hater. Moved my season tickets from the South end of the Clink to the North end just to get further away.

I mean, I guess I don't really care, they can do what they want, but I'd rather watch a game on TV than actually go to the game and heave a seat in their section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom