• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't watch the Revs-Union game live last night so caught the highlights.

Great strikes from Rowe, but bullets dodged in the 2nd half. Man

coldvein

Banned
was @ sounders timbers last night .. i thoroughly enjoyed myself. definitely the biggest sporting event ive ever been to. that is all.

Askani

Watching the CCL game. Dom Dwyer is just awesome. Made a super long run, beat two players in the box, keeps possession, third man comes in and clips him for a penalty. He earned all that.

Nesotenso

Watching the CCL game. Dom Dwyer is just awesome. Made a super long run, beat two players in the box, keeps possession, third man comes in and clips him for a penalty. He earned all that.

yup. Sapong should fall way down the depth chart. just real poor with the ball at his feet and in a 4-3-3 he is useless if he is not the CF. can't cross to save his life.

Askani

yup. Sapong should fall way down the depth chart. just real poor with the ball at his feet and in a 4-3-3 he is useless if he is not the CF. can't cross to save his life.

Kronberg looked really rusty too. I'm hoping that's just low game minutes.

Sad about Sapong. I can't really disagree. I feel like he's going to get it one day and be super solid. The problem is there's no telling when it will come, if it ever actually does. I feel better about it though since Saad has really started to shine and Dwyer is stepping up. If it comes down to it, I still think I'd rather see Bunbury over him too. I'm not sold on him being back to where he was before the injury but he's a better technical player.

Nesotenso

Feilhaber with a great goal. Great strike from about 30 yards with the outside of his foot.

edit: could have been a foul on Dwyer, but we got a break.

Dartastic

Aaaaaand the Portland Thorns win the league.
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

xbhaskarx

I want Columbus to at least equalize but have no faith in their ability to do so even though they're at home and playing up a man for like 80 minutes...

Feilhaber with a great goal. Great strike from about 30 yards with the outside of his foot.
That was probably his best goal since the 07 Gold Cup final.

xbhaskarx

Eddie Johnson is so hard to root for, I just saw his awful "pay me" goal celebration...

Donovan with MLS goal #132, 100th with LA. He's 2 behind Cunningham and 1 behind Moreno.

Keane and Donovan are just two levels above everyone else in the league, they're playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers (at best, some are playing Chutes and Ladders)...

shoplifter

Yup, they cleaned the bench (including assistants) and gave the reigns to Bliss for the remainder. It's sad, because Robert has been here from the beginning, but it had to happen.

Everyone wants GBS back from Lanus and I think he'd do a fine job but what happens if it goes pear shaped with another Crew legend like what happened with Robert?

andycapps

Good game from Columbus last night. Hopefully that sense of urgency continues, but I'm skeptical of Bliss being the guy they end up with. We'll see.

xbhaskarx

I know all teams do it but this article about Orlando City's inflated attendance was interesting since they're a candidate for expansion.

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-77262568/

Apparently just looking at their turnstile attendance has flaws...

says that the city's tally drastically undercounts the actual attendance. It doesn't include the most dedicated fans — those seated in the Fan Zone; members of the team's youth soccer league who arrive pregame; and those in premium seats, who use a different entrance. Together, that can amount to more than 1,000 people.

Askani

This ref is going to lose control of this game real quick if he doesn't start pulling his card.

That goal should quiet it down some though.

worse Sapong is playing. but OCSC needs a championship, obviously that's more important.

Preaching to the choir my man.

Askani

I don't know what he was thinking. Out of position, blocked by two players, low ball, arms not up...

Like, everything you could do wrong on that play.

Askani

Did something happen with Di Viao?

"Dan Dickinson ‏@GothamistDan
Montreal losing Di Vaio would be a huge blow not just to their MLS future, but their CCL campaign as well. Hope the rumor is false."

EDIT :::::

Oh, False alarm. Trade rumor, and after the season is over. That would've been crazy news.

Remy

Askani

Looks like we signed a new LB.

Sporting Kansas City have signed defender Federico Bessone, the club announced on Friday. He will be added to the team's roster pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC) and P-1 Visa, and will occupy a senior international roster spot.

Looks like a player who has been bounced around some. We don't really have a need, but we are thin depth wise.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
What does everybody think of the news that Atlanta is a frontrunner for expansion?

We need a team in the South. Though not one in a NFL stadium in a city called the worst sports town in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom