• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

More points dropped at home. Looking at our last 5 games, there's no reason that we should not pick up 10 points at least. This is going to make it that much harder to do it.

Askani

Again...it's a standard SKC game.

More possession...
More corners...
More passes completed...
More passing accuracy...

Nothing to show for it.

Nesotenso

Vermes is a joke. The pitch has been atrocious for quite some time now and the USMNT come there in 2 weeks. More fucking Toby Keith concerts, that will surely help.

Askani

Vermes is a joke. The pitch has been atrocious for quite some time now and the USMNT come there in 2 weeks. More fucking Toby Keith concerts, that will surely help.

Someone reported that the grass came down with what is essentially grass AIDS in fungus form. And I'm sure the country concert did it no favors.

Vermes makes piss poor decisions personnel wise and is not tactically astute either.

He's all ours through 2017, baby! I'm not going to argue the fact that a lot of this is on Vermes. At some point though, regardless of what the coach does, we have to score goals and that's on the players as well. I know he can make the calls to put them in a position to score, but this can't be all on on a coach. There's enough randomness in the game to give guys a chance regardless of what the coach is doing. The players have to finish and put the ball in the damn net.

I agree about Vermes, but there's enough blame to go around.

Nesotenso

yeah the finishing being not there is nothing new. If anything we are only marginally better in
front of goal this year and that is reflected in the fact that will have more goals than last year. But our poorer home record this year is because of personnel choices and the positions he puts them in. I believe that a coach should adjust his tactics as the situation demands but Vermes sticks to his guns because of the past success it brought him.

Just hope that the post season goes better this time.

Someone reported that the grass came down with what is essentially grass AIDS in fungus form. And I'm sure the country concert did it no favors.

did not know that. Let's hope that we don't get a Bradley situation at Sporting Park.

Osorio

DC is on pace to set records!

Good to see fans at BMO field walking away happy for once.

Just need Salt Lake to do their thing on Tuesday. The thought of DC getting silverware in such a bad season makes my blood boil.

Askani

I only watched the second half of that game, but KC looked great aside from completely failing to find the back of the net.

That's why it's so frustrating to watch them regularly. So much wasted potential. There's usually not a game where we don't win in the stats column. I seriously can't remember the last game where we lost the possession battle. It just doesn't translate into goals as much as it should.

Might just be my homerism talking. I need to watch another team's games week in and week out to see what would piss me off about them and how it relates to my team.

Might just be my homerism talking. I need to watch another team's games week in and week out to see what would piss me off about them and how it relates to my team.

I feel like Dwyer was the main culprit in missing clear opportunities, though Sapong had a pretty great opportunity he skied over the bar too. Those are always the frustrating ones. If the keeper makes a great save and there's no goal, it's not nearly as painful as the complete misses.

Nesotenso

Sapong and Zardes are proof that the youth system has a long way to go to produce technically competent player.

Technically the MLS as a whole has a long way to go. But these guys just standout for forwards who are physically gifted but terrible with the ball at their feet.

Askani

oh wow, I just discovered this thread.

imma try to make it to the last Fire home game.

I think we are facing Toronto?

Welcome!

Yeah, Toronto is your last home game. And it should be a good one seeing as how you're fighting for a playoff spot and the race is tight.

Osorio

Cahill brought back the red and black armband.

Metro legend.

If he keeps this up I'm putting his name on my blank Metrostars jersey.

And I think the major difference between him and Henry is that Henry's won pretty much everything but MLS Cup. Cahill didn't really win any silverware with Everton or Australia. He's hungry.

Askani

ICYMI: The mic didn't work for the National Anthem for the SKC game. The backup mic didn't work either. So the Supporter's Section started singing the anthem and then the whole stadium joined in. I heard about it Friday but just now caught the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gEX61-_SN4

Also, I think Rob is a little pissed himself.

Robb Heineman ‏@RobbHeineman 27 Sep
The whole "not good enough stuff" is crap. Win. Stop talking til playoffs happen. We all know how bad the home record is. #stoptalking

Most people believe it is in response to all the "Sorry #SKCNation" and "we weren't good" garbage tweets we get from the players after they drop a game. This time in particular it was after Collin and Dwyer tweeted. I'm hoping he's trying to kick some ass in the locker room too.

Nesotenso

ICYMI: The mic didn't work for the National Anthem for the SKC game. The backup mic didn't work either. So the Supporter's Section started singing the anthem and then the whole stadium joined in. I heard about it Friday but just now caught the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gEX61-_SN4

Also, I think Rob is a little pissed himself.

Most people believe it is in response to all the "Sorry #SKCNation" and "we weren't good" garbage tweets we get from the players after they drop a game. This time in particular it was after Collin and Dwyer tweeted. I'm hoping he's trying to kick some ass in the locker room too.

Heineman can help out by fixing things he can control. He can address why the grass keeps coming off in chunks. The state of the pitch does no favors to the style SKC want to implement.

Askani

RSL starting to pour it on. Very unlucky with that crossbar or they'd be level. D.C. had better step it back up and get some possession or they're going to get some goals hung on them.

Askani

lol!

How was that guy not offside and how is that not a straight red on Rimando? One of those things should have happened.

Askani

Crossbar the hero again. D.C. managing to pick up some hardware this season. Upset is an understatement. Worst in the league taking down one of the tops in the league in their own house. Crazy.

Askani

well DC has something to be happy for this season. is Ben Olsen's job safe ?

They went to the conference finals last year in his first year. With how bad this year has been for them it has to be at least a question. Crazy call to make. In two full years he's made the playoffs. In the other he's been as far away from the playoffs as possible but won the Open Cup tourney.

ClDuyU5.jpg

Askani

Bullshit wave off of a goal, elbow to Sinovic's face DIRECTLY IN FRONT of the AR not called, then you give Columbus a close free kick. Shit of type bull.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
We had so many chances we should have put away, but that call from the ref was atrocious. Really hurts our chances for the SS.

Askani

Very happy to have picked up points here. Should have been 2-0, but it is what it is. I'll have to check the replay. Made the game a lot more exciting, that's for sure. Columbus really pressed us hard and kept us on our heels. You could feel a goal coming for them but it just didn't fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom