• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.

hom3land

Wow don't know how I missed there was an MS thread... Now to find the Nasl thread to talk about my railhawks.........

These last 2 games are going to be one hell of a ride in the eastern division. There's 6 teams separated by 6 points or less.

Askani

Seattle is starting to wake up.

Wow don't know how I missed there was an MS thread... Now to find the NFL thread to talk about my railhawks.........

Welcome. Usually people just add USLPRO and NASL stuff here. Even some NWSL occasionally. However Orlando usually gets the lions share (no pun intended) of the "outside MLS" convo since they are associated with SKC and are looking to be an expansion team soon.

I think whoever does the thread next year should make it all encompassing for all 4 US Soccer leagues instead of just MLS.

Dartastic

HAIHADHJLAFHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHASHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAIHADHJLAFHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHASHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAIHADHJLAFHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHASHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAIHADHJLAFHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHASHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

SEATTLE. AHAHAHHAHA. CAN'T WAIT TO BEAT YOUR ASS NEXT WEEKEND. HOPEFULLY IT'S AS BAD AS TONIGHT.

Dartastic

Let's just say I bet Caleb Porter is going to learn quite a bit and have a good deal of fun while analyzing this match.
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

TheGrue

I especially liked hearing you guys chant "Portland's better!" :p

Time for us to dismantle Vancouver today.

Good luck. I lived in Portland for a few years back from 2002-2004 and love the city. I am also so impressed when I watch a game played at that stadium how packed and rowdy it is. I'd really like to catch a game there one day.

Dartastic

Good luck. I lived in Portland for a few years back from 2002-2004 and love the city. I am also so impressed when I watch a game played at that stadium how packed and rowdy it is. I'd really like to catch a game there one day.
They're a ton of fun, but tickets are getting harder to get in the GA section. Here's hoping we get this win. We need it if we are going to have any chance of winning the Cascadia Cup. Plus it'll really improve our playoff standings.

Dartastic

Portland are shite. Seattle losing doesn't change that.
You sound like a Seattle fan. It's okay to admit your team got bodied by a team we beat pretty handily. :p

That being said, I hate the pace of this Vancouver game. We need to push more. We need to play faster.

Dartastic

Disappointed. But to be fair... (I'm definitely not one of those blind assholes who is all ARRRRRRGH) that goal was godlike. Amazing equalizer.

FuturusX

You sound like a Seattle fan. It's okay to admit your team got bodied by a team we beat pretty handily. :p

That being said, I hate the pace of this Vancouver game. We need to push more. We need to play faster.

Yep Seattle fan and yes Portland are terrible.

Askani

I was going to check this anyway today, so let's break down who's left "in the hunt" and who they play:

Code:
[B]Remaining Schedule[/B]

[B][s]NJPC[/s]NYRB: 2 games left[/B]
@ Houston	v Chicago

[B]RSL: 2 games left[/B]
@ Portland	v Chivas

[B]SKC: 3 games left[/B]
@ Houston	v D.C.		@ Philly	
Note: CCL on the 23rd, Philly 3 days later

[B]Seattle: 4 games left[/B]
v Vancouver	@ Portland	@ Dallas		v Galaxy

[B]Portland: 3 games left[/B]
v Seattle	v RSL		@ Chivas

[B]Galaxy: 3 games left[/B]
v Montreal	v San Jose	@ Seattle
Note: CCL on the 24th, Seattle 3 days later

[B]Colorado: 3 games left[/B]
@ San Jose	v Vancouver	@Vancouver

- NYRB should win their last two games, but I don't think they are locks. If they win or draw though that will be 9 straight unbeaten game to finish the season. I'm guessing the have 1 win and 1 loss, so 3 points.
- RSL 3 points in the Chivas game. I don't know about the Portland game honestly. Being in Oregon, I have to give Portland the edge.
- SKC should win all their remaining games as well but I doubt they have the chops. We'll either lose or draw in Houston, we should win v D.C. but we are having problems in games at home. The CCL then Philly game will be hard. I think if we lose or draw the CCL game we will be tough in Philly, especially since they just stole one here. I still feel like we should have 6 more points at the end.
- Seattle has two tough games and two they should win. I think they beat Vancouver and Dallas, but they will drop at least 1 between Portland and L.A. Both are tough since its on the road in Portland and the L.A. coming 3 days after a CCL game. I'm saying 7 points out of the last four for them.
- Portland probably have the best chance to win out. The play Chivas and the road and have two home games. I know their opponents are tough but Portland is rocking right now. I don't think they will win out though and are more like to get 7 out of their last 3.
- Galaxy should get some point but they don't have a walk to the end. Montreal win, San Jose win, and lose/draw to L.A.
- Colorado and Vancouver games should be good. I think they'll split 1 and 1 and San Jose will probably take them in San Jose. I think they end with 3 points.

With the first tie break being wins, I'm think the standing end up like this*:

Code:
[B]Some guy on the internet who doesn't know anything's Final Standings:[/B]
Seattle		58
SKC		57
Portland	57
NYRB		56
Galaxy		55
RSL		55
Colorado	51

*Standings barring wherever Dynamo/Houston/Philly do in their games, but I don't feel they will be in contention for the top spot when the end comes.

Agree/Disagree?

Osorio

i think we have the easiest schedule even though we're tied with the fewest games left. We just need Seattle to draw or lose which I think is possible with two Cascadia Cup games and a game against LA in their schedule.

SKC has a gimme in DC at home but I see Philly away fucking things up for you guys.

At the same time I can see us in the driver's seat against Chicago and Mike Magee, former Metro, scores an equalizer in the last minute to have us lose the cup.

So yeah, Seattle is gonna take it. Sigh.

Askani

OrlandoCitySoccer.com said:
ORLANDO, Fla.— The City of Orlando Board of Commissioners voted through the approval of funds for a new downtown, multi-purpose soccer stadium Monday afternoon in downtown Orlando. The vote moves the club one step closer toward bringing a Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise to Orlando, with the Orange County Commissioners vote on October 22 the final stage in completion of stadium funding.

The final step on funding for a stadium will occur on Tuesday, October 22, at the County Administration Building. Pending the County approval of the stadium plan, Orlando would be able to enter into final negotiations with MLS to award an expansion team to Central Florida.

http://orlandocitysoccer.com/news/?article_id=1613

xbhaskarx

The one team I really wanted to see in the playoffs is New England.
The one team I really didn't want to see in the playoffs again is Houston.
It's not looking so good right now...

I wish I shared the rest of your confidence about the Sounders getting the shield. Dempsey and Oba probably missing more games, Eddie and Brad on International duty, and the complete collapse the other day... I'm not nearly as confident as I was a few weeks back.

Askani

I wish I shared the rest of your confidence about the Sounders getting the shield. Dempsey and Oba probably missing more games, Eddie and Brad on International duty, and the complete collapse the other day... I'm not nearly as confident as I was a few weeks back.

I don't think 7 points in 4 games is that much of a stretch, even with Demps and Martins out. They should end up with 6 at least and that keeps them toward the top and still allows them to win it if another team falters. That extra game they have really puts them in the driver's seat.

I don't think 7 points in 4 games is that much of a stretch, even with Demps and Martins out. They should end up with 6 at least and that keeps them toward the top and still allows them to win it if another team falters. That extra game they have really puts them in the driver's seat.

Demps and Martins and Eddie and Brad and Djimi Traore and Zach Scott and Shalrie (lol) and Leo Gonzolez...

I mean, we got some depth up here, but yikes

Askani

A point is a point. Would have really liked to have taken three here but Houston played us tough. Philly won't be a walk, but we should win it and the D.C game. If we do that's 7 from the last 3 games and will definitely help with the SS race.

Praying for a Seattle loss. Sorry Sounders fans, but I hope you go down tonight.

devilhawk

Solid point for SKC without their two (three with Kei) best players. Will need help but two wins will give us a chance in the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom