• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Because the rest of NBA-GAF needs to witness it. Bargs at his best

iVRDBeAe6hmF4.gif

Some were saying the Gay trade saved Colangelo, but I think not trading Bargnani should doom him again.

Really, they need to just clean house in the offseason. No more dumb Colangelo signings and pretending Bargnani is good. No more retarded Casey rotations wasting rookie years, having no offensive schemes and riding scrubs down to the end of close losses over & over. Trade Bargnani for an expiring if you can get it. Just get him out of here, end the sideshow once and for all. Amnesty Kleiza. Don't be retarded and re-sign Anderson and his .374 FG%.

And for once, don't throw the full MLE at some 7th man who won't make any difference in terms of W-L but handcuffs their cap.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thank you Sixers.

shira

Some were saying the Gay trade saved Colangelo, but I think not trading Bargnani should doom him again.

Really, they need to just clean house in the offseason. No more dumb Colangelo signings and pretending Bargnani is good. No more retarded Casey rotations wasting rookie years, having no offensive schemes and riding scrubs down to the end of close losses over & over. Trade Bargnani for an expiring if you can get it. Just get him out of here, end the sideshow once and for all. Amnesty Kleiza. Don't be retarded and re-sign Anderson and his .374 FG%.

And for once, don't throw the full MLE at some 7th man who won't make any difference in terms of W-L but handcuffs their cap.

We got Red Lobster's in Tdot
I%2Bam%2Bbeing%2Btold%2Bthat%2Bit%2Bhas%2Bleft%2Bmy%2Bhouse.jpg

Flash

Just got home and checked the box score

Bargnani got the start over Val??? LOL!!!!

that's it i'm fucking out. unbelievable.

(for this season, at least)

I also don't get the "Pussy Euro" comment. Who is the pussy? Andrea who is probably our best defender

Also, what planet are you from? Andrea is extremely athletic for a 7 footer. He is the most athletic player at his height in the NBA. Virtually no 7 footers move like Andrea does.

Really don't understand how Andrea would be a 69. One of the best shooting centers in the NBA, one of the quickest most agile centers in the NBA, averaged almost 20PPG as a starter, and plays average defense.

I never said he would average that next season. WTF. I said if he can averaged 20-7 all season long. 25PPG possible in a few seasons down the line. He has all the tools.

The guy has a post game, he just needs to continue to develop it. He doesn't get a ton of rebounds not because he is bad at it, but because he plays on the perimiter a lot. He shoots a ton of long distance shots, or fakes and drives to the basket like a small forward and finises around the rim. He isn't always in position for a rebound, which is something he needs to learn how to do.

The guy has a ton of moves. He has fantastic footwork, is as fast as a Small Forward, he can shoot. Is building a post game. Plays defense. He is just coming together very nicly.

Also, to the guy who said he had no footwork. You can watch the whole thing but go to about 2:05 and watch the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNaXp...eature=related

He shows a lot of abilities that most centers don't have. He should honestly be moved to SF or PF but we don't have room there for him. So he is going to need to REALLY work on his rebounding.

You will also notice, in that video, most of the time centers are not guarding him, because they can't. Most centers in the NBA can't keep up to him.

Also, you are over-hyping LMA. Their numbers were almost identical as starters, with them trading a few categories back and forth such as blocks, FT percentage, three point percentage, assists and steals. The second half of the season, Andrea was better in more of those categories.

So yes, an argument could be made Andrea is better. Either way, this season will tell it all. Unfortunately for you, telling yourself I am wrong doesn't make it true.

LMA has a lot more to prove for what he is making though. He is being paid similar to what Bosh was being paid. Bosh, who you have personally stated is over-rated, in his fourth season averaged 23-11-2.6 in less then 40 MPG. Good luck to LMA, he is going to need it.

The moment Andrea got minutes, he put up big numbers. In the last 47 games of the season, he averaged 19 PPG, 6 RPG, 1.5 BPG and shot close to 50 percent from the field, and over 40 percent from three point range. As I said, he was the third best scoring center in the NBA when he started, and was approaching Dwight Howard after the all-star break.

He is a better offensive player then LMA will ever be and is currently a better defender.

This pre-season, he has shown post moves, and even better defense. After working on his game during the summer, playing with the Italian team, and being coached by Moses Malone.

It's not that Andrea played well for 12 minutes. He played well the moment he got minutes.

LMA is also softer then tissue paper, weak as fucking shit, and plays less defense then Nash does.

Sorry, you over-paid. What you paid for LMA makes what we paid for Andrea a fucking steal, or as people on other forums are calling it a "Bargainani".

Andrea made a huge leap last year. LMA barely upped his fucking stats at all.

We will see who has a better year this year. Hopefully LMA learns more offensives moves then Nathan Jawai this time around.

Locking up Andrea was huge. He averaged 20-7 as a starter last season and 19-6 the last four months of the season. If he plays that well and improves this year, we would have had NO chance to re-sign him. Instead, BC got on it early and got it done. He is only 23 years old, and like all Euro's took time to get used to the NBA. He could end up averaging 25PPG+ in a few years. By that time, 10 million would be a complete bargain. Plus, the guy actually plays defense. His rebounding and post moves need big improvement, but like I said, he is 23.

We Signed Hedo, which filled a gigantic hole.

We drafted a good prospect that has a ton of potential and fills our need at SG.

We got Wright to come off the bench and give us quality minutes. We needed depth and had nobody to provide it.

We got our MLE to go after various players.

Oh trax.

Sorry, I had to go look some stuff up.

AcridMeat

Banned

iVRDBeAe6hmF4.gif
I've been playing a lot of NBA2k13 recently, specifically the my player mode. I was drafted by the Raptors and holy fuck AI Barg is the most infuriating piece of shit ever. The amount of offensive rebounds every team gets because of his stupid ass.

Westlo

Man O.G Juwan Howard is gonna make the pacers shook.

Also thanks bynum for not playing so philly don't make the playoffs, a 14-16 pick next draft >>>> a 14-16 pick this draft.

iVRDBeAe6hmF4.gif

If Chicago had swapped him for Boozer... would anyway blame Rose if he left after his contract is up?

Edgeward

I've been playing a lot of NBA2k13 recently, specifically the my player mode. I was drafted by the Raptors and holy fuck AI Barg is the most infuriating piece of shit ever. The amount of offensive rebounds every team gets because of his stupid ass.

To be fair, your teammates in my player are dumb as rocks and allow for too many off rebounds no matter who it is.

OMG, Bargs got worse at rebounding this year. I didn't know that was possible.

JJ Barea has a better rebounding rate than Bargnani.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Westlo

Good god that Miami Heat RealGM forum is moronic, they're seriously bitching about O.G Juwan being signed, saying we should've got a big from the D league... it's the 15th roster spot, they're not playing when its the finals and the rotation is 9 deep.

Bu-bu-but what if Birdman goes down! Uh they'll play Joel and Jarvis before any scrub they could've got. When Juwan powerbombs hansborugh next matchup with the pacers, they'll understand.

Recently, Royce White and the Houston Rockets finally came to an agreement to get White back on the court. The rookie has started in the D-League, where he is sticking to driving to all games to avoid his fear of flying. Even under drastic measures, White will not be flying. He would rather drive 34 hours in an RV, play the game, and turn around to take another 34 hour ride back. Via Ric Bucher: Royce White is making the 34-hour drive in an RV because of his anxiety issues to play this one game for the Vipers and then turning around and making the 34-hour drive right back

yo

really tho

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

For once I feel the front office will do the right thing and scorch the Earth and start over properly.

God I hope so, yes the Raptors are a distant third when it comes to being on the sports landscape here but I think there are enough diehards to keep the ACC somewhat respectable with the turnout. Plus with the NBA being such a star driven league they should get enough games a year that the casuals will still come out to see the Lebrons/Kobes/KGs/Knicks/etc.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
They just gave 7M a year to Fields for him to average under 5 and 5. I don't know what makes you think that.

Colangelo brah, get his ass out of there and we shouldn't be seeing those type of contracts anymore I hope.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Good thing we're going to heavily invest in Gay and his .384 FG% (since signing here) though.

*Trax stuff*

Oh man...

Wages of Wins said:
The Andrea Bargnani Award (Formerly the Darius Songaila Award)– This award goes to the player who has provided his team with the least overall production. I use Wins Produced to determine the winner here. (Minimum 500 minutes)

4SqfFVu.png

http://wagesofwins.com/2011/04/14/the-final-anti-awards-for-2010-11/

Although in Bargnani's defence, he's not the worst player in the league by WoW's rankings, Songaila and Super Cool Beas are still ahead of him...for now. he's been charging hard the last couple of weeks.

They just gave 7M a year to Fields for him to average under 5 and 5. I don't know what makes you think that.

The Fields signing was indefensibly stupid - they did it to block the Knicks from getting Nash, but if you have to do crazy shit like that and take away a guy's free agency options, why are you bothering? He doesn't want to be there, Colangelo was GM simping. I bet afterwards he left Nash a bitter facebook message about how he deserves the assholes he passed him over for when all he did was care about him and help him through those lonely nights when the Suns were being jerks to him - then unfriended him.

That said, I don't hate having Fields at all. He had this crazy surgery to move a nerve in his shooting arm earlier this year; I feel like you can give a guy a pass if he has to re-learn how his arm works mid season. Watching him on the court it's obvious he's a smart player who hustles, and I'm thinking over the next two seasons it's not unrealistic to think he'll get back to his first year potential.

Worth the contract? Nope.

Top 10 on the list of worst things about the Toronto Raptors? Nope.
Although to be fair Bargnani is hogging about 4 of those list spots

McLemore had an awesome game yesterday, guy's a total frontrunner tho. Also Smart might have shutdown Kabongo's chance of getting drafted in the 1st round, terrorized him all game. That said Smart needs to lay off trying to split defenders on the trap, he turns it over around 50% of the time when he does that.

thekad

Banned
I heard Smart doesn't have a great first step, is that true?

Also, there don't seem to be any teams setting up to tank for Wiggins except for Orlando. Stern must have made the call already.

McLemore had an awesome game yesterday, guy's a total frontrunner tho. Also Smart might have shutdown Kabongo's chance of getting drafted in the 1st round, terrorized him all game. That said Smart needs to lay off trying to split defenders on the trap, he turns it over around 50% of the time when he does that.

I was talking myself into Kabongo with the Warriors pick before that game...And then the whole game happened D:

Also, there don't seem to be many teams setting up to tank for Wiggins except for Orlando. Stern must have made the call already.

I don't think he's that super quick. He'll be able to score at a high rate if he learns how to shoot though. I guess there could be some worry of him turning into Evan Turner (albeit with great defense) though. He's more physically gifted than Turner though and shooting is one of the easier things to learn.

And the Sonics and Bobcats are sure to be terrible as well next year with their rosters and recent moves.

Also, there don't seem to be any teams setting up to tank for Wiggins except for Orlando. Stern must have made the call already.

I was talking myself into Kabongo with the Warriors pick before that game...And then the whole game happened D:

I don't think he's that super quick. He'll be able to score at a high rate if he learns how to shoot though. I guess there could be some worry of him turning into Evan Turner (albeit with great defense) though. He's more physically gifted than Turner though and shooting is one of the easier things to learn.

Yeah he's not that quick, athletically he resembles Chauncey Billups. He'll arguably be one of the strongest point guards in the league day one given that he's 225 lbs. I see him being a power guard who bullies players on post-ups, you can see Smart trying to do it in the games right now but OK State's spacing is garbage.

thekad

Banned

And the Sonics and Bobcats are sure to be terrible as well next year with their rosters and recent moves.

Well the Sonics traded their 2012 lottery pick for Patrick Patterson* and the Kittens tried to trade for Humphries* so it looks like they're actually trying to get better while the Magic are trying to get worse.

*I realize these players actually suck.

Emwitus

bryant
"I think it's always a process when you have so many new guys coming on the roster and a new coaching staff, and then that gets changed and you have a new system that you're trying to implement and the system doesn't quite match the personnel, so new we have to make that adjustment," Bryant said. "It's just been a constant evolution … It's taken awhile, but we've found it, and we're playing a lot better because of it."

Ya don't say

Talon

Guess what? Rodman's interview on ABC news was just painful to watch.
Seriously. George was just egging him on to say more nonsense.

Perspective. What is it?
Yeah he's not that quick, athletically he resembles Chauncey Billups. He'll arguably be one of the strongest point guards in the league day one given that he's 225 lbs. I see him being a power guard who bullies players on post-ups, you can see Smart trying to do it in the games right now but OK State's spacing is garbage.
Smart might take a few years depending on here he lands, but he's going to be a baller.

charsace

I would take Smart over McLemore.

Victor Oladipo reminds me of Ron Harper before his knees were shot to shit. Oladipo is a better ball handler than McLemore and Smart at this point.

SamuraiX-

xePbtsD.png

Can't believe it took this long for a team to sign him.

Nice pick up for the Celts. He'll probably be a better backup than Jeff Green.

I would take Smart over McLemore.

Victor Oladipo reminds me of Ron Harper before his knees were shot to shit. Oladipo is a better ball handler than McLemore and Smart at this point.

McLemore does almost no ball handling lulz. Oladipo's got a pretty nice crossover, could see him breaking some ankles in the NBA. He sometimes gets out of control on drives however, gets a lot of charges.

Top Bottom