• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Dwight
Millsap
Smoove
West
Al

Teams looking for big men will have a good free agency even if Bynum has broken down completely...Teams looking for anything else probably won't. Brandon Jennings' upcoming insane contract will be funny at least.

ZZMitch

Going to Pacers-Raps tonight, expecting 40 from George and a Raps L.

I'll be there as well. Since we beat them twice in their house already this season I have some confidence. Every minute that Bargs plays is minus one confidence, however.

dvdjamm

BESJU-HCMAA0qWr.jpg:large

Canuck76

Banned
This is why an owner having a twitter account is a bad idea lol.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2013/03/today-is-not-a-good-day-to-be-adam-aron.html

Oh my God "@SixersCEOAdam Punish the doctors that cleared Bynum by making them 76ers season ticket holders for life."

Wow hahaha. I think it was a good move at the time. Honestly the team ain't much better with moe harkless and iggy and all them. Their ceiling was 2nd round playoff team. Hell, they only made it to the second round because drose went out with an injury. If Bynum was healthy they could have reinvented the franchise.

First things first, fire collins he deserves better and is too focused on winning. This team needs to get into a tanking mindset. Trade Turner and as many people as you possibly can. Turner especially because he's such a bust and just morally drags the team down. Keep Jrue. Get a piece this draft then tank to either get Wiggins or Jabari and you'll be in good shape.

It sounds like most of the Sloan conference is about how Larry Sanders is basically a demigod and the new Bill Russell.

Grizz and Rockets will be fighting each other to give him a max contract in 2014.

Oh my God "@SixersCEOAdam Punish the doctors that cleared Bynum by making them 76ers season ticket holders for life."

Wow hahaha. I think it was a good move at the time. Honestly the team ain't much better with moe harkless and iggy and all them. Their ceiling was 2nd round playoff team. Hell, they only made it to the second round because drose went out with an injury. If Bynum was healthy they could have reinvented the franchise.

First things first, fire collins he deserves better and is too focused on winning. This team needs to get into a tanking mindset. Trade Turner and as many people as you possibly can. Turner especially because he's such a bust and just morally drags the team down. Keep Jrue. Get a piece this draft then tank to either get Wiggins or Jabari and you'll be in good shape.

We wont tho (I'd keep Turner just because I still believe for some reason....homer as fuck).

What we will do is use the Bynum money to sign dudes like Josh Smith or Milsap and try to be the 6th seed for 3 years

effzee

I don't know why Turner infuriates me so much. Jrue also puts up shit shots and the problems on the team run deep but Turner angers me like no other. They need to move him asap.

We wont tho (I'd keep Turner just because I still believe for some reason....homer as fuck).

What we will do is use the Bynum money to sign dudes like Josh Smith or Milsap and try to be the 6th seed for 3 years

Or don't spend money, ship everyone out one at a time for picks and tank like it's 1999.

We don't tank...we never tank.

We just happen to suck right now.

6ers probably could have gotten a pick and extras for Iggy. Kept Moe, sent Jrue out for a pick and filler. Tanked this and next year and could have maybe been good in 2 or 3 seasons.

Some teams are scared of being bad for a while in order to get good.

thekad

Banned
Dwight
Millsap
Smoove
West
Al

Teams looking for big men will have a good free agency even if Bynum has broken down completely...Teams looking for anything else probably won't. Brandon Jennings' upcoming insane contract will be funny at least.

Do you still think Smith is a top 15 player? I can't decide between Millsap, who will be cheaper and a better fit, vs Smith who is younger and will make the Rockets defense not worst in the league when Asik sits.

6ers probably could have gotten a pick and extras for Iggy. Kept Moe, sent Jrue out for a pick and filler. Tanked this and next year and could have maybe been good in 2 or 3 seasons.

Some teams are scared of being bad for a while in order to get good.

Why would we trade Jrue?

Iggy's value was an enigma. We were getting offers for Monta and shit. I have no clue what he was really worth..some say he will opt out at the end of the year too (maybe not now).

I'm not mad at the trade tho. It was a major risk that we got burned on. They took a shot and misfired hard. Hindsight is 20/20. Knowing our luck we would have traded with Toronto like rumored and took Ross (who we apparently loved) and then Bynum would have gone to Orlando and beast...Damned if we do Damned if we don't.

The omptimist in me thinks, we can get lucky in this shite draft and get the one of like 3 good players and then suck again next year and get a shot at an actual star. Jrue Draft Pick Turner(lol) Draft pick and whogivesashit is a good base...

But I know we will draft Zeller or someshit and stay around the 7th-9th seed as a young scrappy team who plays hard.

Fuck life

Canuck76

Banned
Why would we trade Jrue?

Iggy's value was an enigma. We were getting offers for Monta and shit. I have no clue what he was really worth..some say he will opt out at the end of the year too (maybe not now).

I'm not mad at the trade tho. It was a major risk that we got burned on. They took a shot and misfired hard. Hindsight is 20/20. Knowing our luck we would have traded with Toronto like rumored and took Ross (who we apparently loved) and then Bynum would have gone to Orlando and beast...Damned if we do Damned if we don't.

The omptimist in me thinks, we can get lucky in this shite draft and get the one of like 3 good players and then suck again next year and get a shot at an actual star. Jrue Draft Pick Turner(lol) Draft pick and whogivesashit is a good base...

But I know we will draft Zeller or someshit and stay around the 7th-9th seed as a young scrappy team who plays hard.

Fuck life

Oh come on man. Look at the Blazers. Both our stars went out injured and our #2 draft pick was a floater puss. Now he's one of the best pf in the game and we traded gerald wallace for the rookie of the year. #itgetsbetter

Oh come on man. Look at the Blazers. Both our stars went out injured and our #2 draft pick was a floater puss. Now he's one of the best pf in the game and we traded gerald wallace for the rookie of the year. #itgetsbetter

Yeah, you're still not making the playoffs.

Why would we trade Jrue?

Fuck life

My mistake I meant Turner not Jrue.

Do you still think Smith is a top 15 player? I can't decide between Millsap, who will be cheaper and a better fit, vs Smith who is younger and will make the Rockets defense not worst in the league when Asik sits.

Millsap's defense has actually been pretty alright this year whereas Smith has been had more lazy stretches defensively, but Smith is definitely still better defensively. Millsap probably fits better with the Rockets (if the Rockets find a backup center for Asik) since the Rockets probably don't need Smith's guard skills with Harden but maybe being around Harden would make Smith care about efficiency.

Really though, the Rockets shouldn't sign Millsap because then he would be a Houston Rocket D:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Aaron Brooks will likely sign with the Houston Rockets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

sabatoge em please

What are the odds Bynum gets a max contract next season.

Without playing this year I highly doubt he gets a full max from someone.

Rubio seems like a nice dude.
How awesome would an OKC Rockets match up be?
Nope. The Rox would get blown out every game in a sweep unless Harden is scoring 45+ and his team goes for 120+(Lin and Parsons are gonna have to play very well every game). You also have to remember that their defense is terrible and they can't really outrun the Thunder.

Flash

Rubio seems like a nice dude.

Nope. The Rox would get blown out every game in a sweep unless Harden is scoring 45+ and his team goes for 120+(Lin and Parsons are gonna have to play very well every game). You also have to remember that their defense is terrible and they can't really outrun the Thunder.

I could see Westbrook taking the match up personally to show he's a better PG. If rockets could steal a game early it could be a long series.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I could see Westbrook taking the match up personally to show he's a better PG. If rockets could steal a game early it could be a long series.

It'd really depend on the Rocket bigs which are an unknown.

Westbrook taking things personally is the last thing OKC needs to happen against a team that's just as offensively capable as they are.

Top Bottom