• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Vyer

Damn there's a lot of pent up LeBron hate spilling out in here. This must have been a rough season so far for a few of you.

effzee

Superstar mad he can't get all the superstar calls. Doesn't help that he doesn't know how to play defense and is genuinely shocked when others do.

LeBron doesn't know how to play defense?

And hard fouls alone isn't good defense. Any player can just hack or hit someone and that is just a hard foul not good defense. Chicago plays great team D but there is nothing individually they did against LeBron to slow him down or even stop him.

And hard fouls alone isn't good defense. Any player can just hack or hit someone and that is just a hard foul not good defense. Chicago plays great team D but there is nothing individually they did against LeBron to slow him down or even stop him.

It's Sanjuro, he's as stellar at Tom Penny at their trade

Sanjuro

LeBron is good at flailing around, not being able to draw foul calls. Every now and then he can make a stellar block...when he isn't pouting around the half-court line taking a play off.

It's Sanjuro, he's as stellar at Tom Penny at their trade

No, I'm just realistic. Unlike most of the Heat fans here who don't watch their own games.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's

Basically no one can stop LeBron. The key to Chicago's plan is to make him a shot taker and take away his playmaking for others. That and stopping the fast break/corner threes. Hard to keep it up all 48 minutes. Bulls luckily have the personnel to limit Wade and Bosh. The same personnel, however, can't score for shit.

Come back Derrick :(

The consistent, sustained hate Ohio has for Lebron is damned impressive. Hell hath no fury like an Ohioan scorned.

Edit: I really hope Oden signs with the Cavs in the offseason. Pay Ohio State some mad money to design Oden some shoes to compensate for his bad knees and elongated leg. 20 minutes of old Oden per game would be an awesome thing to see, especially with Kyrie.

The consistent, sustained hate Ohio has for Lebron is damned impressive. Hell hath no fury like an Ohioan scorned.

I don't hate Lebron at all. I just wish he'd become a man about his business.

He reminds me of an old boss. Guy needs 25 people sitting with him to decide if he wants to go to lunch or not.

effzee

Basically no one can stop LeBron. The key to Chicago's plan is to make him a shot taker and take away his playmaking for others. That and stopping the fast break/corner threes. Hard to keep it up all 48 minutes. Bulls luckily have the personnel to limit Wade and Bosh. The same personnel, however, can't score for shit.

Come back Derrick :(

Oh I never contested that Chicago can play defense or that they did an incredible job last night shorthanded playing D and rebounding. I always admire how Thibs gets his players to so.

I just didn't know that LeBron can't play D and he also doesn't know what good defense is because he complained about some hard fouls. But then again I didn't know I was venturing into the stupid bitter zone.

He reminds me of an old boss. Guy needs 25 people sitting with him to decide if he wants to go to lunch or not.

Except that almost nobody relevant in this league is a man about their business (by your terms). They all complain about the same damn thing.

And uh, I'm pretty sure that LeBron doesn't get told what to do, he tells people what to do.

linsivvi

Derek Fisher is down to 31% from the field and is still playing? How stupid are NBA coaches?

The Thunder got nothing on us.

dantoni-01.jpg

Lebron isn't that kind of guy though. He'll never be the dominant alpha type like Kobe and Jordan are. He's been worshiped and catered to most of his life too, so an entitlement complex isn't exactly unexpected.

You didn't get the memo? Each ring adds 3% to your shooting percentage.

It was sickening to watch Lamb of God play last night and be so dynamic after we got up by 20.

For a coach of a team that has succeeded completely on youth developing into good and great players, Scoot Brooks is sure obsessed with terrible veteran players. It's so dumb.

LBJ, like pretty much every superstar player, is a whiny biatch.

Today, having been the focal point of a big winning streak which ended last night, he is going to get trolled for being a whiny biatch. He would've been trolled for losing regardless, but he compounded it by being a whiny biatch. Lebron fans/defenders should just accept it and let it die down naturally. By next week, nobody will care about this stuff.

If it makes you feel better, next Tuesday the Heat can go ahead and unleash holy hell on the Knicks and we can call looooooooooool about that instead.

But today, Lebron gets to hold an L.

Emwitus

Being motivated by petty shit is what differentiates guys like Jordan and Bird from your average every day Joe.

Who doesn't know this by now?

The point is they did their fair share of shit talking, manipulating refs, getting steps, and all the other bullshit you said, but they also got the shit beat out of them for it. And they took it like men.

Lebron cries every goddamn time somebody touches him. "I get hard fouled all the time."....wah

Funny how blinder strength is proportional to salt levels. Negligible in cleveland.

effzee

Lebron isn't that kind of guy though. He'll never be the dominant alpha type like Kobe and Jordan are. He's been worshiped and catered to most of his life too, so an entitlement complex isn't exactly unexpected.

Don't even know what common sense is talking about because it makes no sense at all but how again has Jordan not been worshiped? Keep in mind Jordan played before the internet, ESPN talk shows, or any of the extra scrutiny players face today.

Jordan worship is so strong no player can even be considered great unless they do everything like, equal to, or better than Jordan.

Jordan worship is probably the only fair player worship currently going on in sports.

Did you see the man play? Nobody has so thoroughly dominated his sport in the same way since him. He is inarguably the greatest player to ever play basketball. He just is. On top of that, he's still alive. On top of all that, he was actually still playing and still effective less than a decade ago (though it's getting close), so the memories of his dominance are still fresh.

People are dumb if they think that nobody gets considered great unless they are equal or greater to Jordan - that simply isn't true. You think people don't think Kobe is an all-time great? You think they don't think Lebron is the greatest player in the game today? Of course people do.

But they don't think they're greater than Jordan...and they'd be right to think so. Someday, Jordan may be surpassed by Kobe, or Lebron, or whoever. Don't be mad if that day isn't today, though.

KingGondo

Banned
For a coach of a team that has succeeded completely on youth developing into good and great players, Scoot Brooks is sure obsessed with terrible veteran players. It's so dumb.
I don't get it either. Brooks only seems to make changes when he's absolutely forced into it. I understand the concept of having a set rotation so guys know their roles, but you also have to trust them to adjust on the fly to playing with different guys. These guys aren't college players, they can handle it.

Here's another stat showing just how bad Fish has been:

@ThunderStats: Derek Fisher recored his 5th straight game with at least 2 field goal attempts without a make, matching the longest such streak since 1985.

Vahagn

I still don't get the lebron doesn't play defense point.

plays better defense than avery

I troll Bron all the time, but even I have to admit his defense is completely incredible. That entire team relies on Wade and Lebron causing havoc like crazy and everyone else taking charges just in case someone breaks the traps the Heat throw at them on the perimeter.

Being in your athletic prime, on a ridiculously well coached defensive team, and having the best offense in the league so you can effortlessly score 25-30 allows him to do this though. This is 91-93 Bulls level stuff.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Oh I never contested that Chicago can play defense or that they did an incredible job last night shorthanded playing D and rebounding. I always admire how Thibs gets his players to so.

I just didn't know that LeBron can't play D and he also doesn't know what good defense is because he complained about some hard fouls. But then again I didn't know I was venturing into the stupid bitter zone.

Wasn't really arguing with you bro.

effzee

Jordan worship is probably the only fair player worship currently going on in sports.

Did you see the man play? Nobody has so thoroughly dominated his sport in the same way since him. He is inarguably the greatest player to ever play basketball. He just is. On top of that, he's still alive. On top of all that, he was actually still playing and still effective less than a decade ago (though it's getting close), so the memories of his dominance are still fresh.

People are dumb if they think that nobody gets considered great unless they are equal or greater to Jordan - that simply isn't true. You think people don't think Kobe is an all-time great? You think they don't think Lebron is the greatest player in the game today? Of course people do.

But they don't think they're greater than Jordan...and they'd be right to think so. Someday, Jordan may be surpassed by Kobe, or Lebron, or whoever. Don't be mad if that day isn't today, though.

The point was that Lebron isn't some undefinable alpha dog because he has been worshiped his whole life whereas Jordan supposedly wasn't. Jordan worship didn't start post retirement. And I didn't say his worship wasn't justified. He is the greatest player of all time and YES I did see him play. But that worship exists and it completely looks over the shit Jordan did that if done today would be analyzed to death.

My point was Jordan was and is more worshiped than Lebron is. So don't know how wannabe psych analysts somehow determine the reason Lebron isn't like Jordan is because he was worshiped. And even that whole argument is stupid. Jordan talked trash, complained, and cried to the refs just as much, if not more. Oh and he got away with tons more. When Jordan did it, it was being alpha. When Lebron does it its him being a whiny bitch.

I am not getting into some sort of stupid debate about who is better than who when it comes to Jordan comparisons. Fuck Jordan comparisons. They ruin any good debate about the game. Any and all good players are automatically compared to him as if he is the only judgement of the quality of a player. Lebron doesn't even play the same position and has a completely different game. Maybe at the of his career you can compare the two's careers in total in terms of accomplishments like rings but in terms of style and capabilities Kobe compares far more to Jordan.

Wasn't really arguing with you bro.

Yeah that last comment wasn't aimed at you. Sorry if it came across that way.

I don't get it either. Brooks only seems to make changes when he's absolutely forced into it. I understand the concept of having a set rotation so guys know their roles, but you also have to trust them to adjust on the fly to playing with different guys. These guys aren't college players, they can handle it.

Here's another stat showing just how bad Fish has been:

Neat. In order of reasons that I feel good about the Spurs/Thunder rematch in the west this year:

1. Duncan playing much better.
2. Harden not there
3. Fisher getting minutes
4. Bonner not getting minutes
5. Leonard's skill set growing

Vahagn

Neat. In order of reasons that I feel good about the Spurs/Thunder rematch in the west this year:

2. Harden not there

Last year I picked OKC and was right. This year, if the two teams meet healthy, It's Spurs 100%

Emwitus

The point was that Lebron isn't some undefinable alpha dog because he has been worshiped his whole life whereas Jordan supposedly wasn't. Jordan worship didn't start post retirement. And I didn't say his worship wasn't justified. He is the greatest player of all time and YES I did see him play. But that worship exists and it completely looks over the shit Jordan did that if done today would be analyzed to death.

This. Kome was inspired by jordan. I'd be hating him as much as i hate kobe these days when he goes into "one on five mode". I know i don't watch miami everytime but lebron's basketball IQ always amazes me.

Kirk grabbed him, literally gave the man a hug, his feet were moving, and Kirk himself even said after the game, that yes he did grab him like that intentionally because otherwise he is hard to stop.

No play on the ball, he wasn't set to take a charge, and he admits as much after the fact. Stick to shitting on Lebron for the attempted foul on Boozer, you don't have much of a case on the Kirk grab.

People aren't saying it wasn't a foul on Kirk. People are saying its absurd for LBJ to be crying about that as a 'hard' foul.

KingGondo

Banned

2. Harden not there
I think we need HCA to have a realistic chance this year. Thankfully we have an easier schedule than the Spurs do down the stretch, plus we play you guys at home next week.

I hate Wade more then Lebron

random i know :p
Wade is bitch made through and through.
Dude deserves zero respect.
His oscar level flopping and eye covering needs to leave the game.

At least for Lebron, I can honestly say he's the best player in basketball right now, hell I could even say he's a smarter player than kobe.

Top Bottom