• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

The lakers are back...

to under .500

DlRo6.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Is it really that unbelievable, though?
Definitely believable. Suffering continuing health issues. Also being a basketball player that barely seems like he wants to be on the court. He still continues to say the key for him doing better, is for him to be able to have fun on the court. NO FUN = NO PLAY.

KingGondo

Banned
We gave the Lakers hope by losing to them a few weeks back... It's only fitting we get to destroy those same hopes.

Only 2 TOs for the game. Crazy.

We closed the last 4 out like shit. Meh ... Expected loss. Friday gonna be a good day.

Shit, fuck that.

Tomorrow will be a great day, win or lose for the Lakers.

I'm watching the NO feed of the game so I can hear Joel Meyers' salty call of the game.

Did you know that Stu didn't stick up for him to be extended?

LOL

thekad

Banned
I think it had more to do with Nash and Howard combining to shoot 2-14 for the first half but hey, you've always lived in your fantasy world.
Dwight with 16 boards, Nash with 20 points, Clark with 11 boards, even Metta with an efficient 16 points. They needed Westbrook's primary defender to put in at least a mediocre effort, but he didn't. Earl Clark needs help.

Mahonay

Banned
Dwight with 16 boards, Nash with 20 points, Clark with 11 boards, even Metta with an efficient 16 points. They needed Westbrook's primary defender to put in at least a mediocre effort, but he didn't. Earl Clark needs help.
Dwight needs to more than rebound for the Lakers to be successful.

Emwitus

lol Guy was just standing on defense. He ain't winning another ring.....and i'm ok with that. I just feel sorry for nash.

Dwight needs to more than rebound for the Lakers to be successful.

We have a coach who has no idea how to create any opportunities for a post up player. Zilch. And if kobe never gave up the ball to dominant bynum last season he sure as heck ain't giving it up to dwight.

ISOM

We gave the Lakers hope by losing to them a few weeks back... It's only fitting we get to destroy those same hopes.

Only 2 TOs for the game. Crazy.

You didn't destroy any hope considering the lakers still had the potential to win the game, btw your team is not winning shit with the way it's currently constructed.

6 minutes without a single point scored.

Actually thought it was a good job good effort game. :(

Down 6 a d Ron and Nash missed open 3s before Ron's stupid fast break fail leading to the Ibaka dagger 3.

I feel like they hit that 3 they had a shot. Okc defense so unimpressive.

Ok, the disappointing part is how they got close at six and then wen't ice cold. That happens to often and the other team starts bombing from 3 because everyone on the court is discombobulated.

71-55 @ halftime.

First half affects the second half, how does it work?

When you want to have a big boy talk about the game (instead of lazy trolling) let me know. In spite of BestBrook (who I like btw) scoring 37, the Thunder having 2 TOs, the game was 110-105 late.

Pretty sure that if Dwight and Nash make even 2 more shots each in the first half, it's a different ball game.

But naw, let's LOL @ Kobe getting 37 dropped on him.

But it doesn't matter--I called what would happen anyway.

I figured we'd get no closer than 5-6 points.

I know my team pretty well.

KingGondo

Banned
You didn't destroy any hope considering the lakers still had the potential to win the game, btw your team is not winning shit with the way it's currently constructed.
I'm talking about the Lakers-Agers jumping off cliffs after this game, just like they were predicting greatness after beating us a few weeks back.

And don't worry, I'll gladly take my franchise's prospects over the Lakers', regardless of your opinion.

I like our chances @ Staples on Friday,Lakers cant keep up with the Raps if we just run all night. we aint making the playoffs, we're giving up our draft pick, so what the fuck else is there to do other than get a series sweep against LA and take their pride.

lol Guy was just standing on defense. He ain't winning another ring.....and i'm ok with that. I just feel sorry for nash.

We have a coach who has no idea how to create any opportunities for a post up player. Zilch. And if kobe never gave up the ball to dominant bynum last season he sure as heck ain't giving it up to dwight.

Dwight is not a post player. He has a pseudo post game.

Mahonay

Banned
71-55 @ halftime.

First half affects the second half, how does it work?

When you want to have a big boy talk about the game (instead of lazy trolling) let me know. In spite of BestBrook (who I like btw) scoring 37, the Thunder having 2 TOs, the game was 110-105 late.

Pretty sure that if Dwight and Nash make even 2 more shots each in the first half, it's a different ball game.

But naw, let's LOL @ Kobe getting 37 dropped on him.

But it doesn't matter--I called what would happen anyway.

I figured we'd get no closer than 5-6 points.

I know my team pretty well.

I'd agree that I'd place a loss like this more on the performance of Dwight Howard than Kobe. Kobe was a participant of this game, actively trying to keep his team in it. Dwight was not.

Shouldn't the topic be more about okc struggling on defense to shut down Nash, hurt Kobe, and earl Clark?

Lakers scored 90 through 3 and 105 with like 4 min left. How is okc supposed to win a title with this kind of defense? Had Nash hit that three they might have lost.

Also Kad, ynb scored most not on Kobe. Meeks have up a lot to him.

I, for one, can't wait to see Aaron Brooks back in a Rockets uniform tomorrow. If we could somehow trade some picks and cash to get back Carl Landry from the Kings I'll be the happiest man

PBY

Banned
Shouldn't the topic be more about okc struggling on defense to shut down Nash, hurt Kobe, and earl Clark?

Lakers scored 90 through 3 and 105 with like 4 min left. How is okc supposed to win a title with this kind of defense? Had Nash hit that three they might have lost.

When you're up 10 the whole game, its tough to really put forth that defensive effort.

I'm talking about the Lakers-Agers jumping off cliffs after this game, just like they were predicting greatness after beating us a few weeks back.

Gondo, you know I love you, bro but...

Who the fuck from Lakers-Age is "jumping off cliffs" after this game? Everyone I saw posting, even after that Hawks "win" on Sunday marked this as an L. Myself included.

and

Who the fuck was predicting greatness a few weeks back? We were (and still are) pretty terrible. (Konex doesn't count either)

It sounds like you are inventing scenarios, my friend.

Emwitus

And don't worry, I'll gladly take my franchise's prospects over the Lakers', regardless of your opinion.

I want to know who was predicting Greatness at 18-25 hahahahahahaha.

I'd agree that I'd place a loss like this more on the performance of Dwight Howard than Kobe. Kobe was a participant of this game, actively trying to keep his team in it. Dwight was not.

I'm not even pointing to Kobe as anything in this game.

Kobe was Kobe. Fucking up at times, doing incredible shit at times. Whatever.

We just needed Dwight and Nash not to be a combined 2-14 to end the first half.

I mean, what the fuck?

Changing the subject? So we agree Kobe is lazy as fuck for not chasing down Westbrook in case he missed the dunk.

haha what? Of course he should have ran after him, but he has a fucked up nerve in his arm and was hit on the play. I can cut him some slack in this specific instance, that's not to say he's not old and lazy on D these days, he absolutely is.

Melo gave up on a much closer game just to make JR feel bad and then drowned his sorrows in a jug of chocolate milk.

Also Kad, ynb scored most not on Kobe. Meeks have up a lot to him.

we know they wont chip, shit, I dont even know they come out of the West this year, but its still fun to watch them run over the Lakers.

For the love of god d'antoni, you need to put Artest on Westbrook, and Clark on Durant. Everyone you try on Westbrook is useless.

Also, switch everything and always, always go under the picks.

Lakers wasted a very good offensive game by playing retarded defense the entire game... just like this season has been so far.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm not even pointing to Kobe as anything in this game.

Kobe was Kobe. Fucking up at times, doing incredible shit at times. Whatever.

We just needed Dwight and Nash not to be a combined 2-14 to end the first half.

I mean, what the fuck?
One word. D'Antoni. Make some kind of adjustment to get your star players easier shots. Never happened. Seems like his solution was to just get everyone open for threes and start jacking those up.

Nash missing some open shots, and Dwight being his 2013 shitty self, doesn't help either.
For the love of god d'antoni, you need to put Artest on Westbrook, and Clark on Durant. Everyone you try on Westbrook is useless.

Also, switch everything and always, always go under the picks.

Lakers wasted a very good offensive game by playing retarded defense the entire game... just like this season has been so far.
This further illustrates my point. Although Westbrook would run right by Artest, lol

Top Bottom