• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
if you're a Spurs fan you must also be used to having higher level of basketball IQ then those around you

Yes, it's hard to hang out around here with such peasants sometimes, but I've no choice.

I hope Jason Kidd becomes the coach of the Suns one day.

The Nets are bad enough. Since I live in Brooklyn, I, like everyone else, watch a lot of Nets and go to the games a lot. The fact that he's coaching them just angers my soul. Dude has no experience. Not even a player-coach like Tree Rollins. Just... what the fuck. Whatever. Kidd, Joe Johnson, DWill, Crash. Never has a team assembled so many players I dislike. Well, not dislike (except Dwill), just think they are vastly overrated.

AirBrian

Man, so like, if the Heat lose this Finals, do they just keep the same team together? It seems like the Pacers are going to be on their tail next year and the Spurs are going to be just as good, plus Westbrook will be back and they got Lamb plus the 13th pick. Not to mention Dallas, who I believe will be the overall favorite, will have both Dwight and CP3 join the team. Looking pretty scary.

Why hello there!

The Nets are bad enough. Since I live in Brooklyn, I, like everyone else, watch a lot of Nets and go to the games a lot. The fact that he's coaching them just angers my soul. Dude has no experience. Not even a player-coach like Tree Rollins. Just... what the fuck. Whatever. Kidd, Joe Johnson, DWill, Crash. Never has a team assembled so many players I dislike. Well, not dislike (except Dwill), just think they are vastly overrated.

I was so vastly annoyed they built the Barclays right after I left Brooklyn

I used to live 10 blocks from MSG and would've been a short subway right from the Barclays. Now I have to take either a train or drive downtown to see shitty ass Mavs basketball

AirBrian

I used to live 10 blocks from MSG and would've been a short subway right from the Barclays. Now I have to take either a train or drive downtown to see shitty ass Mavs basketball
You watch your filthy whore mouth! Don't forget the Mavs are the last team to beat the Heat in a series!

Cloudy

Banned
Was I the only one who noticed that Miami did an unusually terrible job of getting back on defense yesterday? LeBron was as big an offender as anyone

AirBrian

and look, the spurs are 2 games away from stealing the texas glory back again!

Do you think the Heat win 3 of 4 versus the Spurs? Let's say Heat steal Game 4 or 5 and go back to Miami down 2-3 (technically how it should be with the 2-3-2 format). Can they win 2 in a row at home? Give me some truthspeak.

birdman.jpg

Chris Bosh.

If the Heat signed Amare instead, they'd be raising their third banner this year.
Wade and Amar'e would make All-No Knees 1st Team easy.

Woh, watch your tongue. The Mavs are magical.

h1nch

Was I the only one who noticed that Miami did an unusually terrible job of getting back on defense yesterday? LeBron was as big an offender as anyone

Nope, they were sloppy as shit.

Though to be honest the Spurs have gotten open looks all series. Their offensive execution has been superior to Miami's defense in all 3 games except for that one bad stretch in GM 2. Even if they just hit their season average I think they still win GM 1 and 3.

Still, game 4 will be huge. If Miami wins they're right back to square one and its anybody's series.

Do you think the Heat win 3 of 4 versus the Spurs? Let's say Heat steal Game 4 or 5 and go back to Miami down 2-3 (technically how it should be with the 2-3-2 format). Can they win 2 in a row at home? Give me some truthspeak.

Yes they can win 2 at home

But if they lose game 4 they're guaranteed fucked cause I'll be the first to say ain't no way they can win 3 straight against the Spurs. but who knows! maybe their shooters suddenly forget how to shoot

Woh, watch your tongue. The Mavs are magical.

I know man, Jae Crowder is such a stud

All I kept thinking in person was "The Mavs have Kenneth Faried?"

Would Mavs gaf maybe be interested in seeing the game somewhere sunday night? Pretty sure woodchuck might be down. but I'm only showing up if it's 2-2 lol

linsivvi

Lol. A team with the worse record, won one quarter after losing most the game on the road, but it isn't a steal. Even by his dumbfuck logic it makes no sense.

LOL at comparing regular season records. The Heat plays in the fucking minor league.

The #2 seed in the East would only be the #6 seed in the West, even without accounting for the level of competition. A good chance the #2 and #3 seed, the team that pushed the Heat to the brink of elimination, wouldn't even make it to the playoffs in the West.

Talk about dumbfuck logic

AirBrian

Yes they can win 2 at home

But if they lose game 4 they're guaranteed fucked cause I'll be the first to say ain't no way they can win 3 straight against the Spurs. but who knows! maybe their shooters suddenly forget how to shoot

I know man, Jae Crowder is such a stud

All I kept thinking in person was "The Mavs have Kenneth Faried?"

Would Mavs gaf maybe be interested in seeing the game somewhere sunday night? Pretty sure woodchuck might be down. but I'm only showing up if it's 2-2 lol

I would if I didn't have a kiddo b-day celebration and Father's Day on Sunday.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
LeBron only failed to get to the free throw line 9 times in his career.

CHECK MY $TAT$

I shat on the man hard all regular season but no defense would let Kobe come off a screen naked without paying for it.

TP just said this:

I just pass the MRI. Result: I suffer from a slight elongation to the hamstring. We'll see tomorrow how I feel, I really hope to play!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ken Berger said:
Tony Parker's MRI revealed a slight hamstring strain, according to @tonyparker: "We'll see tomorrow how I feel, I really hope to play."

AirBrian

More in 18 Finals games than 179 of Jordan's playoff games...

Jordan never had a <20 point game in any of his Finals. His lowest is 22, once against the Sonics and once against the Jazz.

Kobe has had 7, BTW (lowest was 2 points and 8 points in 2000 against the Pacers, but had the hurt ankle IIRC). So 4 if you discount the Pacers series.

Vestal

TP just said this:

I just pass the MRI. Result: I suffer from a slight elongation to the hamstring. We'll see tomorrow how I feel, I really hope to play!

Hope he plays.. Just because it will cause a shit storm of excuses, and I want to beat them at "full" strength.

I think Danny Green and Gary Neal could have made the Pleasantville Highschool team last night. Would be awesome if they shoot like that again, it was mesmerizing.

It's not about toughness. A strain hamstring can become a torn one very easily. TP has to be careful.

God I hope it ends up not affecting him. Miami winning with a hobbled Parker would suck. Granted wade is hobbled too but he is a douche.

Vahagn

Jordan in the Finals 35 games
33.6 PPG 5.9 RPG, 6.0 APG 2.8 TOPG 48% shooting

Lebron in the Finals 15 games (before this series, it's gotten worse)
21.9 PPG 8.7 RPG 7.1 APG 4.1 TOPG 43.6% shooting

Kobe in the Finals 37 games (not counting game he missed due to ankle sprain and game he played in only 9 min due to ankle sprain)
25.9 PPG 5.6 RPG 5.0 APG 3.4 TOPG 42% shooting

Kobe sans-Shaq in the Finals 18 games
28.6 PPG 6.2 RPG 5.2 APG 3.6 TOPG 42% shooting

Yea, no ones touching Jordan.

exarkun

The last few pages have been nice, no Kobe talk, no stupid shit, and we mindlessly hatin on the heat. Good stuff.

Commish, barbri is taking over my life. Any tips? Can I slack for a day or two?

I still don't understand how Shaw hasn't gotten a chance yet. Its mindblowing that the Nets are just jumping at the chance to hire him. Or anyone else for that matter. Great pedigree, has had success as a player, and the Phil loved him.

PBY

Banned
The last few pages have been nice, no Kobe talk, no stupid shit, and we mindlessly hatin on the heat. Good stuff.

Commish, barbri is taking over my life. Any tips? Can I slack for a day or two?

I still don't understand how Shaw hasn't gotten a chance yet. Its mindblowing that the Nets are just jumping at the chance to hire him. Or anyone else for that matter. Great pedigree, has had success as a player, and the Phil loved him.
Ur doing barbri? Shit. Good luck. I don't envy u from what my friends say.

Bishman

Jordan in the Finals 35 games
33.6 PPG 5.9 RPG, 6.0 APG 2.8 TOPG 48% shooting

Lebron in the Finals 15 games (before this series, it's gotten worse)
21.9 PPG 8.7 RPG 7.1 APG 4.1 TOPG 43.6% shooting

Kobe in the Finals 37 games (not counting game he missed due to ankle sprain and game he played in only 9 min due to ankle sprain)
25.9 PPG 5.6 RPG 5.0 APG 3.4 TOPG 42% shooting

Kobe sans-Shaq in the Finals 18 games
28.6 PPG 6.2 RPG 5.2 APG 3.6 TOPG 42% shooting

Yea, no ones touching Jordan.

What is Lebron's # including the 3 games of finals right now with the Spurs?

Top Bottom