• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Correct me if I'm wrong but Miller is providing the main spark off the bench for the Heat. If he's starting who's gonna provide that bench scoring. I don't think Miller's providing enough points while starting that it won't hurt Miami to not have him coming off the bench.

Ray Ray comes off the bench right?

SUPREME1

Banned
Or, you know, Spo might be taking a page outta Carlisle's book. Putting JJB in the starting lineup helped the Mavs out. Well I actually don't know why he would start Miller though. Are the starting 5 for the Heat having offense problems? It seems like they are mostly even with Spurs going to halftime for the most part.

Because Prime LeBron can't carry the offensive load regardless of what ESPN would like people to think. He's not a scorer like that. He'll consistently get you near 30 points
except in the Finals when it matters most apparently
but you shouldn't expect much more from him. KD, Kobe, MJ, Iverson, could each go out and get you 40+ if your team needed it.

LeBron gets to 40 on rare occassion. Yet that's what's needed from him in this series.

JohnsonUT

Or, you know, Spo might be taking a page outta Carlisle's book. Putting JJB in the starting lineup helped the Mavs out. Well I actually don't know why he would start Miller though. Are the starting 5 for the Heat having offense problems? It seems like they are mostly even with Spurs going to halftime for the most part.

From new Zach Lowe article:

This has mostly been a small-ball series, in part because Miami’s starting lineup has been a disaster on offense. The Spurs have outscored that lineup, featuring both Bosh and Haslem, in all three games, and that five-man group has scored just 84 points per 100 possessions in this series — a mark well below the Wizards’ league-worst number for the season. This lineup just can’t generate enough spacing.

effzee

I knew the SA big loss in game 2 wouldn't carry over into game 3.

But for some reason I just don't see Miami winning tonight or this series. I'll be rooting for them but I just don't see it.

Congrats Spurs!

From new Zach Lowe article:

This has mostly been a small-ball series, in part because Miami’s starting lineup has been a disaster on offense. The Spurs have outscored that lineup, featuring both Bosh and Haslem, in all three games, and that five-man group has scored just 84 points per 100 possessions in this series — a mark well below the Wizards’ league-worst number for the season. This lineup just can’t generate enough spacing.

LOL wow! That's crazy. I didn't realize their starting offense was so bad. Go ahead Spo, do some of that JJB magic, it might work.

wade

Hey how is calculus treating ya and how good are you at math ?? I'm like a low B math student in pre calc and am damn scared of calculus which I start in about 2 weeks =/
Well I was pretty good at math before calc. My calc profess/teacher was literally the worst instructor ive ever had in my life though. Ever.

But I cant put all the blame on him I guess. Calc just wrecked me. Esp when we got into the trig stuff.

The exam was set into two papers. One written the other MC. Prolly the first exam where I did worse on the multiple choice.

The entire situation was fucked up though. There was a pre req course that only two ppl in the class knew about so most people fucked up. :/.
we were pkaying catchup the entire year.

You should be fine of youre covering most stuff. Tons of resources online and shit.

Kind of like how its absurd that Team A losing in the finals to Team B (that made 6 consecutive ECF trips and back to back Finals trips) is a bigger upset in your head than

a 60+ win 1st seed Team C losing in the first round to an 8th seeded Team D because Team D lasted seven games in the second round that year.

As I patiently explained before, Detroit-Lakers was objectively a bigger upset than Memphis-Spurs. Check the betting lines. What I said is a fact. What you said was an opinion.

Also, you forgot the part where I said Manu Ginobili had a broken elbow in that series.

AirBrian

The Heat bench haven't been the problem. They've scored 30, 40, and 34. If I'm Spo, I'm figuring out a way to get Chalmers more involved. He had 8 points in the close Game 1, 19 in Miami's win, and zero in Game 3.

I think Tony Parker will have his "Finals MVP" game tonight. If not, the MVP would probably go to Duncan should the Spurs win.

Mike Miller starting should be interesting, but I think that could potentially backfire on the Heat by hurting their defense as well as missing some bench "oomph"

Nice try.

So it is LovingSteam.

Now I know who I'm talking to.

Meh. It's a lose lose situation. I say Wilt is the greatest and I am him. I say he isn't and I am him. Blackace does an IP check and it's a different IP and it's me just using a different IP. You folks have decided I am him so theres nothing I can do to change it at this point. Just going to continue posting what I do.

Meh. It's a lose lose situation. I say Wilt is the greatest and I am him. I say he isn't and I am him. Blackace does an IP check and it's a different IP and it's me just using a different IP. You folks have decided I am him so theres nothing I can do to change it at this point. Just going to continue posting what I do.

Well, if you live in Washington, you and Cloving can join me and reilo for a game in Portland next season.

If there are 4 people present for the game, then you are a different person.

BTW, what are your thoughts on Obama?

Vire

If this crazy lineup change works with Lebron at the 5, and Mike Miller in... Spo will be heralded as a genius.

Dallas changed their lineup mid series in 2011, worked out for them.

We'll see.

SamuraiX-

These poll results are just surreal, but at the same time hard to argue with.

QkoWyX5.png

diehard

Fleer
Lebron can't guard the 5. I really hope he gets stuck guarding Duncan so the myth that he can guard positions 5-1 will be shattered again.

That isnt a myth, he can guard some 5's for sure.

Just because you have the ability to guard a position doesnt mean you can do it against every one at that position.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
"Mike Miller and the Heat hoping to equalize the 2013 Finals series against the Spurs tonight at San Antonio."

Vire

I can see this backfiring. If you make this radical change and lose/get blown out, what do you have left for a decisive game 5?

If they Heat lose tonight the series is over anyway. 3-1 is dire territory.

Tonight is the definition of "must-win".

Top Bottom