• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

zychi

Banned
Can someone repost the post that had lbj v kobe v mj v magic etc in the finals? Im on mobile and shit doesnt load properly when i go back in this theead

PBY

Banned
All for naught :(

Shadowlark please tell me you're watching tonight

Psy please tell me you're going to spam the shit out of this thread

we need all stops
No work event tonight
Not bringing work home

IM IN DIS. AND PHEE U BEST BE EATN POPEYES

Am I? I said the Heat would win game 2 by a significant amount and they did. I said they'd be up by 5-7 at half and they were up by 5.

I could definitely be wrong and I have not gone back to read all previous posts from this and last round, but I am pretty sure you have predicted a Heat win in at least 10 of the possibly 11 games (counting tonight) in the past two rounds.

They are 5-5 in their previous 10 games.

I could definitely be wrong and I have not gone back to read all previous posts from this and last round, but I am pretty sure you have predicted a Heat win in at least 10 of the possibly 11 games (counting tonight) in the past two rounds.

They are 5-5 in their previous 10 games.

So I am .500. Not bad. Better average than both Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant from the field.

ESPN announcing Erik Spolestra may start Mike Miller in Game 4.

Over who? The only two guys you could replace is Chalmers or Haslem. No Haslem means lol @ rebounding/guarding Timmay. No Chalmers means Spurs backcourt will have Miller or gimped Wade guarding them.

iklVjLxQiIqPJ.gif

I can't say I am totally confident we will win anymore. To many nagging signs of this team not being the same team from the streak. I still think we will win tonight but I am cautiously optimistic Heat fan right now.

No traditional point guard rotation has worked for the Heat before.
Over a whole game vs. the Spurs, who were shredding Miller last game on O? ehhh risky.
wade

but probably haslem. In last year's playoffs, we started Battier over Udonis.
Spurs will post Duncan and even Splitter early and often. Spo shouldn't be kneejerking here, just bring Miller in earlier don't have to start him.

Over who? The only two guys you could replace is Chalmers or Haslem. No Haslem means lol @ rebounding/guarding Timmay. No Chalmers means Spurs backcourt will have Miller or gimped Wade guarding them.

iklVjLxQiIqPJ.gif

Man Timmy about to be eating

bionic77

I can't say I am totally confident we will win anymore. To many nagging signs of this team not being the same team from the streak. I still think we will win tonight but I am cautiously optimistic Heat fan right now.
No one knows what will happen tonight. The Heat won the one game they absolutely had to in game 2. This is the 2nd must win game for them. The last time the Spurs could not finish them off. This time they are at home though and they know they can put the dagger in the heart with a win tonight.

Outside of a game 7 you will see both teams bring it tonight. I just hope that Parker can play at his normal level, because their offense might really start to fall apart without him.

So I am .500. Not bad. Better average than both Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant from the field.

I chuckled.

I think playing Miller more is the right thing for the Heat, but I would be worried that:
A. He will be heavily involved in PnR and off-ball screening action, and the Heat defense was already bad enough last game without more of Miller's bad defense
B. He is more likely to get hurt because he is Mike Miller.

WHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT????

We've been told he can play any position 1-5, right?

Really, it sort of feels like the 2011 Finals right now after game 5. That's when all the Heat negativity started to really show through the media about Lebron, and even though this is just game 4, it just seems like it's starting earlier this series. I'll be very surprised if they win tonight.

iklVjLxQiIqPJ.gif

That's a panic move if I've ever seen one. Mike Miller is better utilized as a scoring spark plug off the bench. He won't be able to guard anyone on the court and there's no guarantee he'll continue to knock down threes.

QUOTE]

Maybe they are thinking TP won't be able to move well and they will put Miller on him

Really, it sort of feels like the 2011 Finals right now after game 5. That's when all the Heat negativity started to really show through the media about Lebron, and even though this is just game 4, it just seems like it's starting earlier this series. I'll be very surprised if they win tonight.

But Mikey Bolton said...

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Man desperation or not miller seems like the only guy on the Heat who wants to play. Anyhow they need to open the paint to allow Lebron to drive.... At this point its all about getting Lebron to score. Spurs shut this down and if Lebron continues to Choke The Heat are beyond done

Man desperation or not miller seems like the only guy on the Heat who wants to play. Anyhow they need to open the paint to allow Lebron to drive.... At this point its all about getting Lebron to score. Spurs shut this down and if Lebron continues to Choke The Heat are beyond done

Mike Miller has looked better than his usual gimpy self because the Spurs want role players taking more shots. They'll live with Mike Miller making shots over Lebron making them any day. It's great coaching. Miller could score 20+ points and if Lebron doesn't get going the Heat lose. Pop knows this.

starting Miller is smart

Game 4 Miller will be a legend........but if he's guarding Leonard then lol

Bosh gonna get traded for Bass and Fab Melo, do it Ainge

Mike Miller has looked better than his usual gimpy self because the Spurs want role players taking more shots. They'll live with Mike Miller making shots over Lebron making them any day. It's great coaching. Miller could score 20+ points and if Lebron doesn't get going the Heat lose. Pop knows this.
... no. Miller 3's are backbreaking shots, they'd rather let LeBron keep bricking jumpers. Pop has been furious the last 2 games when Miller has been open.

Now if they can force a pass to Miller and Spurs closeout so he can't shoot, that's different.

SUPREME1

Banned
Miller starting is desperation. He's been hot, yeah, but he's bound to cool off. His gimpy ass will get burned on the other side of the court too. This move will likely backfire.

Or Bron could double up on his PED dosage, while Miller hits another 8 in a row.

Hehe. Fuck both teams. That being said, go SPURS (if only for Timmy).

Or, you know, Spo might be taking a page outta Carlisle's book. Putting JJB in the starting lineup helped the Mavs out. Well I actually don't know why he would start Miller though. Are the starting 5 for the Heat having offense problems? It seems like they are mostly even with Spurs going to halftime for the most part.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Miller is providing the main spark off the bench for the Heat. If he's starting who's gonna provide that bench scoring. I don't think Miller's providing enough points while starting that it won't hurt Miami to not have him coming off the bench.

Top Bottom