• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Never liked the guy.

Glad to hear he's as much of a doucheclown as he looks.

Somebody in the media asked him about why he wasn't shooting. His response was beyond douchey.

"I take what's there. It's called basketball; James Naismith invented it a long time ago."

He spent the whole year sulking, making noise about how unhappy he was. Not a very popular teammate, apparently. He's really a world class clown.

I can see this backfiring. If you make this radical change and lose/get blown out, what do you have left for a decisive game 5?

If they go down 3-1, it's over anyway.

Also, Lebron is guarding Splitter I believe. Splitter isn't very good when he's not wide open.

And if Miami gets off early, Pop will take splitter out quickly, regardless.

Vahagn

ESPN writing countless apologetic articles for Lebron today. The only guys who you can expect to call it like it is are the NBA players who broadcast and Stephen A.

Other people writing articles about the "starting lineup"...yea maybe the starting lineup sucks because they're going against the Spurs starters, or maybe it sucks cuz Lebron's been bricking open jumper after open jumper.

You could almost read the email memo they got "Find ways to take the blame off of Lebron. We saw what happened with the Decision fallout and reporting about Delonte West...we need to make sure he keeps giving us interviews. Ready to print draft due on our desks by 12:00 noon ET game day."

Vahagn

Ehh, LeBron's guarded Al Jefferson and some other guys at center pretty well.

When I think of guarding every position I think of Pippen. A guy who can guard 1-4 and non-offensively skilled 5's for the entire game. You can put him on Magic or GP for an entire series just like you can put him on Malone or Lebron or Kobe for an entire series.

Lebron James guards different positions in spurts. He'll switch off from lineup to lineup depending on what his role is. Pippen would be on the same guy regardless of the lineup.

We talk about Lebron can't guard TP all game because he never guards PG's or PF's all game, or all series.

bionic77

ESPN writing countless apologetic articles for Lebron today. The only guys who you can expect to call it like it is are the NBA players who broadcast and Stephen A.

Other people writing articles about the "starting lineup"...yea maybe the starting lineup sucks because they're going against the Spurs starters, or maybe it sucks cuz Lebron's been bricking open jumper after open jumper.

You could almost read the email memo they got "Find ways to take the blame off of Lebron. We saw what happened with the Decision fallout and reporting about Delonte West...we need to make sure he keeps giving us interviews. Ready to print draft due on our desks by 12:00 noon ET game day."
The only person whose opinion you can trust on Bron is Skip.

Posted in wrong thread. Has a non-All Star ever won Finals MVP?

KingKong

When I think of guarding every position I think of Pippen. A guy who can guard 1-4 and non-offensively skilled 5's for the entire game. You can put him on Magic or GP for an entire series just like you can put him on Malone or Lebron or Kobe for an entire series.

Lebron James guards different positions in spurts. He'll switch off from lineup to lineup depending on what his role is. Pippen would be on the same guy regardless of the lineup.

We talk about Lebron can't guard TP all game because he never guards PG's or PF's all game, or all series.

he cant guard TP because the Spurs will be smart enough to make him run around and tire him out. He could guard someone like Westbrook or Rose fairly easily

I actually agree with this. The media tries to make Lebron out as a lock down Pippen type player that can shut down opposing players if the effort is there. That simply isn't the case. Smaller players are usually faster than him and simply go around him and taller players like post players can simply shoot over him. When it comes defense, he does a lot of things well, but nothing particularly well.

Grizzlies Mike Miller is my favourite Mike Miller....
I wonder why?

mike-miller-breasts.jpg

hmm dat hair and rack

Vahagn

he cant guard TP because the Spurs will be smart enough to make him run around and tire him out. He could guard someone like Westbrook or Rose fairly easily

Scottie defended Mark Jackson/Magic/GP for entire games, pretty much entire series. Lebron guards opposing PG's for the fourth quarter of close games.

Lebron's the most versatile defender in the league today bar none, but he's no Scottie. Scottie's the most versatile on ball defender probably ever.

can you link me to these countless articles that are being apologetic?

Vahagn

I know J Kidd is the greatest Net ever, one of the best PG's ever, one of the best game managers/floor generals ever...

But it's probably not a good thing when you hire a rookie coach for a win now team and he says "I have a lot to learn about coaching"

Derwind

People are acting like this is a must win for the Heat. They won like 27 games in a row this year.

Why wouldn't this be a "Must win" game. I mean why would anyone be unconcerned "if" a team like the Spurs go up 3 to 1 in this series?

You need to win a minimum of one game in San Antonio to stay in this series, so why would you be so unconcerned to leave the outcome to the last home game in San Antonio???

I mean that's just absurd to me.

This is not a stab at Miami, this is just me seriously being confounded.

Because if this is not a Must Win, then it creates the implication in my mind that you don't have to win this game and therefore are unconcerned by the outcome of todays game.

I don't care what team you are, having to win 3 games in a row is a tall order, not impossible but tall and that is the position Miami will be in if they lose tonight.

Now I personally hope they win tonight as I'd like to increase the chances of a game 7 IMHO.... I like long series.

Zep

Banned
Why wouldn't this be a "Must win" game. I mean why would anyone be unconcerned "if" a team like the Spurs go up 3 to 1 in this series?

You need to win a minimum of one game in San Antonio to stay in this series, so why would you be so unconcerned to leave the outcome to the last home game in San Antonio???

I mean that's just absurd to me.

This is not a stab at Miami, this is just me seriously being confounded.

Because if this is not a Must Win, then it creates the implication in my mind that you don't have to win this game and therefore are unconcerned by the outcome of todays game.

I don't care what team you are, having to win 3 games in a row is a tall order, not impossible but tall and that is the position Miami will be in if they lose tonight.

Now I personally hope they win tonight as I'd like to increase the chances of a game 7 IMHO.... I like long series.

There's always one.

ESPN is to LeBron what you are to Kobe.

Mike Miller god time B^)

that gif is like when Kenny Smith told birdman he didn't expect him to sound/talk like that.

"boooooo yeahhhh"

lol though at people on twitter and other media and message boards saying this is LeBrons career making game, that game was game 6 back in Boston, Bosh would have been traded and the team would have got a complete make over if they lost that one. damn you Celtics :(

SamuraiX-

Nobody has EVER asked George Gervin to teach them how to do the mutha fucking Finger Roll™!? And he's even willing and hopeful to teach somebody?!?!

Fuck everything.

Nobody has EVER asked George Gervin to teach them how to do the mutha fucking Finger Roll™!? And he's even willing and hopeful to teach somebody?!?!

Fuck everything.
lbj did it.

Although I don't think that move would be useful in today's nba. I see it getting blocked 9/10 times. it's probably easier to just try and lay it up and it takes an incredible amount of finesse.

edit: why the fuck is lebron wearing a cape

SamuraiX-

lbj did it.

Although I don't think that move would be useful in today's nba. I see it getting blocked 9/10 times. it's probably easier to just try and lay it up and it takes an incredible amount of finesse.

edit: why the fuck is lebron wearing a cape

No, I'm not talking about a finger roll.

I'm talking about the Finger Roll™. Any and all forms of the move since Gervin's retirement have been fraudulent in comparison.

No, I'm not talking about a finger roll.

I'm talking about the Finger Roll™. Any and all forms of the move since Gervin's retirement have been fraudulent in comparison.
ok u crazy. you'll see it after a 16 foot skyhook.
that's what im saying. you're not gonna see someone do it like gervin the same way you won't see a kareem like skyhook again.

edit: huh what are you arguing then? im saying you won't see those moves done like kareem and gervin again.

effzee

Except win or lose they will talk about him and get their ratings. That's the thing people don't get. ESPN will get ratings as long as they discuss LBJ/Heat. People care about them win or lose. They don't care about the Spurs. So ESPN/ABC doesn't care what happens as long as it happens to Lebron.

LBJ is the most popular player in the league and possibly the world. The story revolves around him. If it didn't we wouldn't have 90% of this thread dedicated to speculating his legacy, his mind set, his future, and whatever else.

What interviews does he grant them besides the post game and the 1 time decision show? How does the Heat winning benefit them when they can get just as many viewers if the Heat lose to analyze the collapse? You think they have an agenda against the Spurs? If they do so does the whole of the NBA fanbase which always rewards the Spurs with lower ratings.

What are these countless articles apologizing for his play? He played poorly in game 1 but still got a triple double. Game 2 the game was over by the 4th yet overall he still didn't have a strong game. Game 3 he was completely terrible.

Its gotten to the point where if he doesn't have a triple double or 30+ points and the Heat don't win, its the complete collapse of his legacy. If the team wins it will be all because of the refs, his supporting cast, or something anything to explain away the game.

BTW I don't even think the Heat win the game or the series but personally I don't get how NBA discussion has sunk to this low. Everything is conspiracy. Everyone is involved! The league, Stern, ESPN, ABC, TNT, and all the sports journalists! Some Dan Brown Da Vinci Code level underground cover up!

If only Kobe got this kind of treatment to balance out the bias!

Top Bottom