• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

I have to believe a Pop coached team wont give up 2 games on its own home floor. thats just embarrassing. SA's trifecta of problems in G4 were Manu, Splitter and Parker being gassed in the third. they were neck and neck with MIA through the third, and MIA was firing on all cylinders. SA just couldnt keep up with Parker on the bench and Manu playing like ass.

PBY

Banned
ginobili.gif

The Boston Celtics are deep in discussions with the Los Angeles Clippers on a blockbuster deal to send coach Doc Rivers and Kevin Garnett to Los Angeles, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The final hurdle of a deal centers on the Clippers' willingness to include guard Eric Bledsoe into a trade package with Boston, sources said.

Boston and Los Angeles are discussing a package that will send DeAndre Jordan and two first-round picks to the Celtics for Garnett and the right to hire Rivers as coach, sources said.

Garnett will waive his no-trade clause to go to the Clippers, where he'll be reunited with Rivers. Celtics assistant Ty Lue also will likely join them in Los Angeles, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Clippers owner Donald Sterling is prepared to pay Rivers in the neighborhood of the $7 million annual salary he currently holds with the Celtics, front office sources said. Rivers has three years and $21 million left on his Boston deal.

Rivers could speak with Chris Paul as soon as Saturday about assurances that he will be willing to re-sign with the Clippers should Rivers and Garnett join him in Los Angeles, sources said.

The Celtics and Rivers want a finality to these talks, and there's pressure to complete a deal in the next two days or walk away completely, sources said.

Wow.

some of those questions are fucking horrible. Asking him about the "state of the NBA" during the Finals. The fuck?

or, "i know you won't give out strategy, but is it possible you'll change something?" lol

I'm always amazed how poorly sports reporters are at asking questions. Pop wants none of it.

yeah some of those are bad but it would be near impossible to find many questions he wouldnt find a way to own the reporter out of

You can trade coaches now?!

no. But they are going to trade KG and agree to let Doc walk to the Clips.

They're effectively trading him but technically not.

Doc apparently has some no interview with other team clause in his contract and the only way for him to be let go is for Ainge to get back picks, cash,or players i think.
Or something like that, heard it on the radio today

Yeah, compensation, but in this case they're simply trading KG and letting Doc walk.

Why would the Clippers want KG and PP, they could crumble into dust at any moment. Maybe theyre just that desparate to get Doc

You placate the evil and racist Cliff Paul with Doc. On top of that, though, you get KG to maybe mentor Blake a bit. Under KG's wing, Blake will learn to at least pretend to be a tough guy on the court.

Why would the Clippers want KG and PP, they could crumble into dust at any moment. Maybe theyre just that desparate to get Doc

Cp3-Pierce-KG-Griffin would be pretty formidable. Have no idea what the rest of the roster would look like, though.

Even without Pierce, KG to Jordan is an upgrade and you dump Jordan in the process, so not bad.

That said, why would Boston want to pay Jordan and the be forced to pay Bledsoe in a year? And Bledsoe doesn't seem like a starter to me.

thekad

Banned
Cp3-Pierce-KG-Griffin would be pretty formidable. Have no idea what the rest of the roster would look like, though.

Even without Pierce, KG to Jordan is an upgrade and you dump Jordan in the process, so not bad.

That said, why would Boston want to pay Jordan and the be forced to pay Bledsoe in a year? And Bledsoe doesn't seem like a starter to me.

To be fair, I'm not sure they can get much better return on old ass KG and Pierce even though they're still good. Doc is the piece they're paying for, really.

gimprondo-bledsoe-bradley-dumbandre together might make for the worst offensive team in nba history

Wiggins/Randle/Parker future

KingKong

Thats a decent team I guess but they have a low ceiling and very limited time to do anything. Would this even make them a contender?

Pimpwerx

Parker also made some dumbass passes in the 2nd half and ignored Green a lot of the time.
You have to consider the passing angles and the events that transpired during the game. Our wings were playing the passing lanes while also maintaining closeout distance on Green and Leonard. NBATV had some good post-game analysis from Bones. He showed how effectively the Big3 cut off the lane while also limiting the options for kickouts. That's why so many of those forced turnovers saw our guys simply ripping the ball out of the air.

It's one thing to get a lot of tips and deflections, but we were straight ripping passes and running out. I think that's why you saw TP hesitant to make some of those passes. It might have seemed like Green was open, but Lebron or Wade were hawking the passing lane for another rip. Give TP credit for being smart enough to not keep falling into that trap. PEACE.

Dwight could then demand a trade to Clippers for Griffin.

Cp3-?-Butler-KG-Dwight

Or Pierce in there if he's part of it over Butler. With Doc coaching.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
every media day press conference since pre-game 1, the first question has always been about Danny Green from the same guy.

This dude is the biggest troll ever or he has an unhealthy obsession with Danny Green. First question LeBron got today was about how much Danny Green has evolved as a player and did he play this well with the Cavs..

I just saw Thunderstruck on HBO

WORST MOVIE EVER

bye bye Doc, you were a great coach but Ainge is a dummy to give you the players these last few years
should have resigned James Posey after the title, he was a huge part of that team

KG is smart to leave too, Pierce is gone asap when this trade happens , bye bye :(

Ainge get the fuck out.

finals Jet will lead us back to the title

Top Bottom