• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

giri

I'll make vag the owner of neogaf and call it kobegaf for christs sake.

This bitch needs to get naked right now.

There's more than likely film of her getting boned. By her own admission she went through a fair bit of dick in her teen/college years. and i believer her reasoning was "why not?"

Hard to argue against.

kobe-laugh.gif

Btw I called that. I said many times after his injury when everyone else said he was done and would average 15 ppg or something or even miss the whole year (many said this, check the threads), I said he was gonna come back with a vengeance and put up big great numbers, ~25/5/5 @ ~44%. I said time table was 6-9 months and he would be back for the opener. I knew it, because I've been following Kobe his entire career and know his mentality and how he thinks.

Btw I called that. I said many times after his injury when everyone else said he was done and would average 15 ppg or something or even miss the whole year (many said this, check the threads), I said he was gonna come back with a vengeance and put up big great numbers, ~25/5/5 @ ~44%. I said time table was 6-9 months and he would be back for the opener. I knew it, because I've been following Kobe his entire career and know his mentality and how he thinks.

Chauncey Billups just didn't have the mentality/toughness/spirit to overcome an injury, so true.

linsivvi

When the Heat win.would it be the first time that the NBA's worst rebounding team won the title?

They are not the worst rebounding team in the league. I wince anytime a sports commentator said that.

Their total rebound is last in the league because they hit 50% of their FGs; there are just not as many rebounding opportunities. Rebounding differential is a much better indicator and they rank just below the Spurs at #20. Not good but not last by a mile.

They are not the worst rebounding team in the league. I wince anytime a sports commentator said that.

Their total rebound is last in the league because they hit 50% of their FGs; there are just not as many rebounding opportunities. Rebounding differential is a much better indicator and they rank just below the Spurs at #20. Not good but not last by a mile.

Rebound rate>rebound differential.

zychi

Banned
Hard hitting journalism. How come there weren't multiple sources?

I've been sayin it since last season. Kobe and Lebron are gonna team up after next season. Kobe wants more rings, riding Lebron's coattails will get him them. Shaq attempted it with Cle and Bos and failed miserably. I wouldn't be suprised if Kobe jumped to the Bulls eventually to be with Derrick(assuming Rose comes back at the MVP level he was at prior to the injuries)

Kobe will not retire a Laker.

Well, I know they all can go can (or will be let go), but I just don't see how they all get to the Clippers. KG and Pierce going to take the vet. minimum?

Yep. I know he's hurt. But they're going to play this up as much as possible. Then he's going to come out scorching like he was in the first half.

Like I said before, the worst possible thing for the Spurs is to have Danny Green win MVP. This will give Parker the trump card to get the award if Spurs win.

Kobe doesn't need LeBron to get more rings.

If he didn't get hurt at the end of year the Lakers had a legitimate shot at beating the Spurs. All 3 games they played in the regular season were down to the wire. The Lakers also didn't hit their stride till the last 30-35 games of the season. All the proof you need is their record, like 25-10 or something, that's a ballpark estimate, too lazy to count em up but it was a great run and when the team finally gelled.

Anyone who says they didn't have a legit shot at beating San Antonio with a healthy Kobe is out of their mind, period. I've laid out the reasons why above. So what about after San Antonio you say? Golden State up next and they'd be beatable. Does anyone doubt that? Ok so who's next? A beatable Memphis team. Then you're in the Finals and anything can happen in a series like that. Everything was perfectly fucking lined up for the Lakers this year... Westbrook done, matching up fairly well vs. SA, Memphis not as good as last year, it was all lined up.

San Antonio
Golden State
Memphis

Those were their 3 opponents leading up to Miami in the Finals. Anyone saying the Lakers couldn't make a run through them with a healthy Kobe and on a 25-12 or whatever end to the season is simply wrong.

Typed way too much that nobody will read since this is just a troll one-liner type of thread.

zychi

Banned
Kobe doesn't need LeBron to get more rings.

If he didn't get hurt at the end of year the Lakers had a legitimate shot at beating the Spurs. All 3 games they played in the regular season were down to the wire. The Lakers also didn't hit their stride till the last 30-35 games of the season. All the proof you need is their record, like 25-10 or something, that's a ballpark estimate, too lazy to count em up but it was a great run and when the team finally gelled.

Anyway who says they didn't have a legit shot at beating San Antonio with a healthy Kobe is out of their mind, period. I've laid out the reasons why above. So what about after San Antonio you say? Golden State up next and they'd be beatable. Does anyone doubt that? Ok so who's next? A beatable Memphis team. Then you're in the Finals and anything can happen in a series like that. Everything was perfectly fucking lined up for the Lakers this year... Westbrook done, matching up fairly well vs. SA, Memphis not as good as last year, it was all lined up.

San Antonio
Golden State
Memphis

Those were their 3 opponents leading up to Miami in the Finals. Anyone saying the Lakers couldn't make a run through them with a healthy Kobe and on a 25-12 or whatever end to the season is simply wrong.

Typed way too much that nobody will read since this is just a troll one-liner type of thread.
I can do the injury thing too.
If Westbrook didn't get hurt OKC would be in the finals right now.

You seem to forget the entire Lakers team was injured, Nash, Howard, Pau was just getting healthy. Lakers had no shot of getting to the Finals this year with or without Kobe.

Rewatching G4, Wade is pretty lethal in the paint. Dude showed the fuck out. Hopefully he expended the last bit of energy he had for the series.

thekad

Banned
All the proof you need is their record, like 25-10 or something, that's a ballpark estimate, too lazy to count em up but it was a great run and when the team finally gelled.

Actually, that's not all the proof you need. Their record was better primarily due to the fact that they played worse teams. Their SRS (margin of victory, strength of schedule) didn't change at all. In fact, in the games that Kobe played in their SRS was worse in that "great run."

Top Bottom