• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

I'm just hoping we get a couple of good games here.
This Finals has been pretty boring, in all honesty. Blowout after blowout. I'd like to see both teams show up at the same time for once.

I'm far from a Ray Allen fan, but I thought his reaction had less to do with the record and more to do with frustration over the Spurs winning and continually knocking down shots.

It's the NBA Finals. Should he not be emotional?

Vahagn

Nope. If the Spurs win I'll be here to admit that I was wrong. If the Spurs do the finals I'm expecting you to admit that you were wrong and I was right.

You've picked the Heat in seemingly 80% of the games of the post season.

At some point you have to admit there's no method to any of your selections, and If you happen to have a winning record, it's because you're picking the HEAT every game...they have a winning post season record.

You've picked the Heat in seemingly 80% of the games of the post season.

At some point you have to admit there's no method to any of your selections, and If you happen to have a winning record, it's because you're picking the HEAT every game...they have a winning post season record.

Yes, how idiotic of me to pick the best team in the league to win it all. I should have picked the Lakers instead.

rando14

win or lose you'll still be a whiny bitch

iyzCCXzvZtse6.gif

Spurs are closing it out tomorrow. People will post the bugsbunny.gif and heat age will implode, then the 20% of us who aren't lifelongs will all hang out in the offseason thread and talk about how bad this draft class is.

LIFE IS BORING AND MEANINGLESS

rando14

Spurs are closing it out tomorrow. People will post the bugsbunny.gif and heat age will implode, then the 20% of us who aren't lifelongs will all hang out in the offseason thread and talk about how bad this draft class is.

LIFE IS BORING AND MEANINGLESS

jeez at least put up a spoiler alert :p

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So I've decided what would be the worst outcome for everyone involved:

The Heat come out strong tomorrow and decisively win against the Spurs. However, in the process, Wade hurts his knee injury and LeBron tires himself out playing hard and strong the entire game (even when the victory is obvious). Thus Wade will be a nonfactor on court in game 7 and LeBron will be the perfect combination of overconfident and exhausted to start floundering again. Meanwhile, left alone to his own devices, Bosh will start losing confidence and choke. The Spurs will win but never as decisively as everyone feels they should be. Duncan gets his 5th ring, Green's contract gets talked up by the sports heads and Spurs fans rejoice. But they'll forever have to deal with salty Heat fans claiming their win was a fluke due to the circumstance. Meanwhile, Heat fans anguish all summer and some bail from the team until the regular season starts with a Heat win and they all realize that this is basketball norm.

As for the rest of us, we'll have to deal with what might be one of the most boring 7 game final series in modern history.

When Green broke Allen's record I was surprised that Ray Allen acted like such a petulant bitch. That really took me by surprise.
Wait, what did allen do?
Not exactly. What I do expect is for him to come out and hit a shitload of 3s of his own because you know, that's his record he's supposed to be defending or extending or whatever while he chases another ring or whatever he's doing on Miami's bench since Celtics' bench isn't good enough for him or whatever. But nah, instead he got all squeamish and squealish and shit, catching attitude and getting in a hissy fit.
What the hell are you even talking about?

I hope that bitch "Filomena" is there to see the Spurs take game 6 tomorrow. shes like the embodiment of the bandwagon Heat fan and those people deserve another embarrassing, series ending Finals loss in their own house.
/bitter ani-Heat fan

Consider Pop's brutal assessment that foreign players are "fundamentally harder working than most American kids," and it's no wonder the Spurs want to avoid the fate of so many NBA teams, which are, as Buford says, "the end of the road for the developmental habits that are built in the less-structured environment in the U.S."

What do you think about Pop's statement?

Branduil

The developmental process for American basketball players is worse than sewage. It's amazing that any competent basketball players are produced from it at all.

The developmental process for American basketball players is worse than sewage. It's amazing that any competent basketball players are produced from it at all.

I think we can safely throw away the whole 'Eurosoft' tag that is so overused.
I'm quite shocked that more teams haven't successfully replicated the Spurs way.
Obviously it's not as simply as 'draft euro' but still, their brand of basketball is just a delight to watch when it's working.

Fjordson

Interesting. Is this because many Euro players are playing pro ball as teenagers? As opposed to high school and AAU for US players.

My friend works in IT for the Warriors and has overheard conversations talking about what you said. About how American player development leaves much to be desired sometimes (obviously exceptions with some players, but most of the time).

Branduil

The problem with American development is it's focused on making money off of kids. An actual development of basketball skills is just a happy accident as a byproduct of making corrupt old men rich.

Wait, what did allen do?

What Ray did is being overblown. He probably didn't even know about the record.

What that poster is referring to is the face Ray made when Danny hit ANOTHER three. It was probably more a face of "why do you guys keep leaving him open?!" than a face of disgust for someone beating his record. It was a funny coincidence, though. It made me laugh being a Celtic fan and all. haha

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The problem with American development is it's focused on making money off of kids. An actual development of basketball skills is just a happy accident as a byproduct of making corrupt old men rich.

This might be the most true thing you've ever said.

Fjordson

Ah, right.

Yeah, I'm a big college basketball fan, but it's scary how much you hear about a recruit's "camp" or "handlers". Like 16-17 year old kids with entourages and handlers lmao. And you usually have an AAU coach or an "uncle" or something influencing them every step of the way.

There's also the weird business of recruit information. This is sort of tangential, but I mentioned in the college bball thread about how it's weird to me that this big business has developed from charging money for articles on high school recruits in basketball and football. Like it's just a totally accepted thing that if you want to read about recruiting then it's going to be behind a paywall. Wonder how and why that started exactly.

I didn't expect Ray Allen to give Green a standing ovation, but his disgust should be directed at Wade for sagging off on Green by ten feet every time he catches the ball and shoots. There have been many shots where the defender wasn't even in his time zone.

If San Antonio is able to keep the game close then I think that is a bad sign for Miami. It's either going to be a blowout or San Antonio steals the game.

I didn't expect Ray Allen to give Green a standing ovation, but his disgust should be directed at Wade for sagging off on Green by ten feet every time he catches the ball and shoots. There have been many shots where the defender wasn't even in his time zone.

If San Antonio is able to keep the game close then I think that is a bad sign for Miami. It's either going to be a blowout or San Antonio steals the game.

And how do you know where the disgust was directed to in the first place? Seriously you are becoming clownish..

Top Bottom