• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

JohnsonUT

Joey Crawford has now been used for Spurs four times. Three of them were unarguably must-win games for the Spurs opponents (game 6 vs. GSW, Game 3 vs. Memphis, tonight). The one that is arguable was game 2 of the finals.

Vestal

I've got a feeling Battier starts tonight instead of Mike

or gets in the game earlier and plays a lot more

He should start. Mike has just been out of place as a starter in this series. He is much better coming off the bench against the Spurs bench.

Leaving town right now, I have never experiences a finals clincher away from home, it's going to suck.

I feel fine now but once the game starts I will probably be a mess. The thing is we hav been here before and we lost and that will linger all day long.

Just how good is it? I wanna get it now.

If you like cinematic gaming experiences, say you are one of those that feel storytelling is very important, this maybe the best game all gen for you. I am not like that, I will say the game aspects are still excellent and there is no way to separate the story and gameplay, it's mixed as well as any game has ever done it. Took me over 15 hours, I hardly touched multiplayer which from what I played is unique enough to keep me playing. The game is the total package.

If you like cinematic gaming experiences, say you are one of those that feel storytelling is very important, this maybe the best game all gen for you. I am not like that, I will say the game aspects are still excellent and there is no way to separate the story and gameplay, it's mixed as well as any game has ever done it. Took me over 15 hours, I hardly touched multiplayer which from what I played is unique enough to keep me playing. The game is the total package.

No way that is better than Uncharted 2.

No way that is better than Uncharted 2.

Are you talking about the game or multiplayer? I still think Uncharted 2 is better, I'm an action fan at heart and the level of mastery of game design during the big setpieces in U2 is unmatched. Multiplayer I still need to play more of LOU but I know I loved U2s multiplayer. So Uncharted 2 I still feel is NDs best but Last is second.

ph33 ph33s good luck charm is popeyes
pi's is spamming the thread
peterboy is just showing up

find your niche wesker

I can't find anything. I have watched finals in all scenarios and nothing is steady. I have been out of town, at a bar, in a hotel, at home, at a friends, at road rally, at my brothers place, at the game itself. I have no pre game ritual.

Well i have never been to a finals game and lost so that is about the only steady thing, in fact it's always a blowout. This is the first finals I don't go to, my dad got tickets for tonight but I have to fly out so I can't go. He's always with me at the games so hopefully the streak continues for him.

I can't find anything. I have watched finals in all scenarios and nothing is steady. I have been out of town, at a bar, in a hotel, at home, at a friends, at road rally, at my brothers place, at the game itself. I have no pre game ritual.

Well i have never been to a finals game and lost so that is about the only steady thing, in fact it's always a blowout. This is the first finals I don't go to, my dad got tickets for tonight but I have to fly out so I can't go. He's always with me at the games so hopefully the streak continues for him.

ok so your dad is the good luck charm

somewhere out there before I've read this guy wears a Shawn Marion Heat jersey when they need a win and they always get it. I hope he hasn't used the powers of that yet and is saving it for tonight

SamuraiX-

Sounds like everything I hoped it would be. Can't wait to get my hands on it. :)

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
He hasn't been great for the Heat lately either (notwithstanding that stupid 24 second call). He's just fucking inconsistent. I just hope he lets them play, but that's not going to happen. My kids are going to learn some new words tonight...again.
lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
UC2 was probably my favorite game this gen till I finished TLOU.

But it's not even close. TLOU is the game that should actually get people to take video game narratives seriously. It's the perfect package of everything in one, personally my favorite game this gen. Everybody should play it.

Kix and the City, via Trey Kerby at The Basketball Jones, has come up with a pretty impressive find that walks hand in hand with that prediction. Or, foot in foot, if that would somehow be possible. Nike has created a pair of low-top sneakers for LeBron that actually say “2-Time Champion” on right heel insert and “11-12 12-13” (referring to the seasons that LeBron’s Heat would presumably take the title) on the left insert.

LBJNK_1_61813.jpg

Dat' Nike jinx... Gotta be nerve wreckin' for the superstitious Heat fans.

Jag

UC2 was probably my favorite game this gen till I finished TLOU.

But it's not even close. TLOU is the game that should actually get people to take video game narratives seriously. It's the perfect package of everything in one, personally my favorite game this gen. Everybody should play it.

I just went to the OT post for TLOU. Game went from barely on my radar to a must buy. Looks like the GAF forum effect is strong here.

After Bioshock Infinite's story left me rolling my eyes and feeling almost nothing for any of the characters, I'm pretty doubtful of a lot of video game story praise at this point...

Vire

After Bioshock Infinite's story left me rolling my eyes and feeling almost nothing for any of the characters, I'm pretty doubtful of a lot of video game story praise at this point...

I would say Bioshock Infinite's characters are cartoon-like compared to this.

Just give it a shot, I promise the story will not let you down.

"MIAMI -- After San Antonio Spurs guard Danny Green hit 66 percent of his 3-pointers through the first five games of the NBA Finals, the Miami Heat's Chris Bosh declared there will be a different look for Tuesday night's Game 6: no more open shots.

"He has a knack for shooting, but he won't be open tonight," Bosh said Tuesday. "We'll see how he shoots with somebody always on him."

That would signal a significant departure from the Heat's defensive approach that has focused on collapsing on Tony Parker and forcing him to pass out of the lane. Green has been the biggest beneficiary of that approach, collecting passes and firing up 3s. He has made an NBA Finals record 25 three-pointers in 38 attempts.

"The thing about Green, he doesn't have any plays run for him," Heat forward Shane Battier said. "That's the puzzling part. It's not like a Ray Allen coming off a screen. Most of [Green's] shots come off of defensive breakdowns on our part. So it just goes into our overall game plan of playing with a sharper, clearer mind and just doing our job.

"He's done a good job of watching our guys who are ball-hawks. We have a tendency to do that. He just goes to the open space. He utilizes the oldest trick in the book: the old blind spot."

What has Spurs coach Gregg Popovich told Green about adapting to a different Heat game plan?

"I haven't said anything," Popovich said.
oh Bawsch.

All this discussion on The Last of Us is making me want to try the game, even though I thought it was yet another shooter...so it's definitely worth it?

Also, if they decide to defend Green specifically, wouldn't that mean other more dangerous players would be more open and able to exploit the newly non-blitzing Heat defense?

Vire

All this discussion on The Last of Us is making me want to try the game, even though I thought it was yet another shooter...so it's definitely worth it?

Also, if they decide to defend Green specifically, wouldn't that mean other more dangerous players would be more open and able to exploit the newly non-blitzing Heat defense?

It does raise concerns about Tony Parker just getting into the paint without the help defense, but at this point I'll take two points instead of three right? :/

There is no possible way the heat lose this game.

Just like there was no way we would lose Game 6 in 2011?

"MIAMI -- After San Antonio Spurs guard Danny Green hit 66 percent of his 3-pointers through the first five games of the NBA Finals, the Miami Heat's Chris Bosh declared there will be a different look for Tuesday night's Game 6: no more open shots.

"He has a knack for shooting, but he won't be open tonight," Bosh said Tuesday. "We'll see how he shoots with somebody always on him."

checkmate.jpg

Top Bottom