• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Wow... Wilbon just said they were wheeling out the trophy.

What a fucking game.
lkGSVV6.gif

oh man too bad it means nothing for game 7. If lebron has to guard tony the whole game again...... sheeeiiiit

J2 Cool

I can see game 7 being Bosh's game. I don't see where Spurs turn at this point. Have to hope for ball movement and to get Green and Neal into it, hope Duncan/Parker can have a little left in the tank when they need it.

I said it one of the earliest pages, I was worried about Duncan exhausting himself too early. I'm now worried about that knee tweak late. I really thought Spurs should have tried to get it to Duncan on a couple of those possessions with score 101-100. Offensive was out of wack late, and he's a stabilizing force. On both sides, can't believe he was out for possible offensive board.

neptunes

We need a center badly. We are stuck in these 7 game series cause big dudes are in the way. We turned Hibbert into a hall of fame center.

Plus we need to start thinking about the following year when the contracts are up cause we can't keep everyone at these salaries and lets face it they don't deserve to make the same amount of money. Lets see how unselfish these guys really are.
I thought everyone was moving towards small ball?

Pimpwerx

Wow... Wilbon just said they were wheeling out the trophy.

What a fucking game.

I believe when JVG was complaining about the security on the sidelines.

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick
LeBron was telling Spoelstra to take timeouts so he could rest
For anyone wondering why Spo kept calling timeouts when we could have kept attacking. I think this is why he let him sit so long in the first half too. PEACE.

of course they were, that's not surprising whatsoever.

I still think its bullshit that players have to see the trophy coming out and then play in such a close game. I can understand a 10 point game but that close on the home floor of the oponents? Imagine having to shoot free throws with the trophy right over there.

I don't really see how people are saying that spurs still have a chance.

They're done

They really need a breakout game and some of the role players to do something. Danny Green has to be able to create something.

The trophy things sounds just like the San Fransico Giants versus Angels when they had that game won, the trophy was ready and they lost game 6. Lost game 7 too.

Do you know how hard it is to bounce back mentally from a loss like this?

At this point in the season, bro.

If the Heat blew them out this game, at least you can chalk it up to them playing out of their mind, finally being back home after 3 games in San Antonio.

They didn't.

They lost a game where they were up 5 with 29 seconds left in the game. A game that would have won them a chip.

This isn't just the type of game you bounce back from.
I heard the same psycho babble after G2 and G4. Fuck is you talkin bout?
Parker and Ginobili and Green played bad games and it still took a herculean effort from MIA to scrape and claw their way to a win. The Spurs will get over it and be thinking about G7 in about 12 hours. stop with this crap.

Game 7 is going to be fucking nuts. It's almost like every team has exhausted every move it could go to and this is just going to be a war.

You guys are crazy if you suddenly think the Spurs are a bunch of guys who will donate game 7 away.

PBY

Banned
Parker and Ginobili and Green played bad games and it still took a herculean effort from MIA to scrape and claw their way to a win. The Spurs will get over it and be thinking about G7 in about 12 hours. stop with this crap.
This.

Game 2 and 4 weren't elimination games where the trophy was right there in their faces 10 seconds away from a coronation. I hope for an amazing game 7 but this is devastating loss.

And the Heat played like idiots, like zombies those games. This is what you get when both teams are at their best, anything could have happend. I like to think the Heat won't have a brain fart and go down 13 again in the third during a game 7. Of course the spurs will bring it, I believe our best is better than their best.

Vire

Anybody else think Lebron should just ditch the headband for Game 7?

It would be a great way of saying fuck the haters, I'm about to win a second championship.

DJ88

I was really not looking forward to seeing the Spurs at the hotel during work tomorrow. Would've been salt in the wound.

I wonder what the Spurs' locker room looked like when they were still up 5.

Smokey

Game 7 is going to be fucking nuts. It's almost like every team has exhausted every move it could go to and this is just going to be a war.

You guys are crazy if you suddenly think the Spurs are a bunch of guys who will donate game 7 away.

They are done. Congrats.

Vire

I was really not looking forward to seeing the Spurs at the hotel during work tomorrow. Would've been salt in the wound.

I wonder what the Spurs' locker room looked like when they were still up 5.

Champagne bottles everywhere.

Quote where I said that after G2 and/or G4.

Go on, I'll wait.

As to what I said about Game 7, I truly think it's over. I'd like to be wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Did Lebron fuck up near the end? Yeah, he shot like 1/4 or 1/5 and had a TO.

Miami also would have never been there if not for Lebron dominating the first 8 minutes of OT where he, by himself, outscored the Spurs.

The Lebron hate goes a bit too far at times.

cashman

Banned

The spurs are completely deflated.

Game 2 and 4 weren't elimination games where the trophy was right there in their faces 10 seconds away from a coronation. I hope for an amazing game 7 but this is devastating loss.

so theyll show up to a 50/50 elimination game in the NBA Finals and hand MIA the win? what? this is the last chance for this trio to chip. why would their hunger just dissipate over something that happened 48 hours ago?

It was MIA that expended a ton of energy tonight clawing out the win. the Spurs had two consistent guys in Duncan and Leonard, everyone else played a bad or average game. They will be just as hungry as they were at tip off in about 12-15 hours. Anyone that thinks different is fooling themselves.

PBY

Banned
so theyll show up to a 50/50 elimination game in the NBA Finals and hand MIA the win? what? this is the last chance for this trio to chip. why would their hunger just dissipate over something that happened 48 hours ago?

It was MIA that expended a ton of energy tonight clawing out the win. the Spurs had two consistent guys in Duncan and Leonard, everyone else played a bad or average game.
Yup.

People overreact to results and body language way too much.

Pimpwerx

Mike Ryan ‏@MikeRyan790
Heat blueprint lives on because Rondo is a jerk and Ainge tried to trade Ray Allen to Memphis!!!
This is actually kinda true. Boston helped keep our title hopes alive tonight. PEACE.

Vire

Manu said he has no idea how he re-energizes for Thursday. Said he's devastated.

Not reading body language...just listening to his words.

Whatever, who cares what Manu says, so he doesn't recover (there's still the entire rest of the team). Not like he had a positive impact on this game anyway.

Top Bottom