• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Manu said he has no idea how he re-energizes for Thursday. Said he's devastated.

Not reading body language...just listening to his words.

Still don't overreact. Remember 2010? Lakers destroyed Czzz in game 6, Perkins tore his ACL? They were devastated then too.

They still played their damn asses off and nearly won.

Or Lakers blowing game 4 in '08 and still coming back in game 5?

Pop won't let them be too down. Teams that lose close games often bounce back in the playoffs.

If the Spurs get blown out, it's because Duncan left everything he had in the tank tonight and Manu is D-O-N-E. not because of anything mental. That shit is played up way too much.

Personally, I think it will be relatively close the 1st half but then the Spurs will run on empty sometime in the 3rd. They played heavy minutes here and I don't think they have enough for a full 48. They didn't tonight.

Manu was horrendous. I didn't expect game 5 from him but jesus. He's seems done both mentally and physically. He definitely doesn't start thursday right?

Whatever, who cares what Manu says, so he doesn't recover (there's still the entire rest of the team). Not like he had a positive impact on this game anyway.

He's gonna play on Thursday and he had 8 TOs and 9 points tonight.

If one of those TOs lead to points, that was the difference.

If Manu's head ain't right on Thursday, it WILL affect his team.

Can we finally put an end to the Danny Green MVP crap??? 1-7 no where to be found.

Yeah his shooting has been impressive, but I never understood how people thought this team could have been even close to where they are without Tony Parker. Being the scoring leader doesn't mean that much when you can't consistently create on offense.

Fu4EXL4.jpg

Dude wearing a Thunder jersey in the stands...wtf. Guess that's as close as we're getting this year.

He's gonna play on Thursday and he had 8 TOs and 9 points tonight.

If one of those TOs lead to points, that was the difference.

If Manu's head ain't right on Thursday, it WILL affect his team.

Have you watched the series? Manu has been the worst player in 5 of the 6 games. It's not about his head. His game is fucked.

Have you watched the series? Manu has been the worst player in 5 of the 6 games. It's not about his head. His game is fucked.

It looks like Kevin martin, lol

Hellix

Who the hell is Finals MVP if the Heat win? There isn't really a standout player that comes to mind like the Spurs. Lebron had a couple good games, then a couple bad games. Same with Wade.

Who the hell is Finals MVP if the Heat win? There isn't really a standout player that comes to mind like the Spurs. Lebron had a couple good games, then a couple bad games. Same with Wade.

Uh, obviously Lebron. he's been their best player in all 3 wins.

Who stands out for the Spurs. It's the Spurs who has no MVP.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Of course it would be Lebron.

Depends on how Lebron and Wade play. Its going to be one of the two (probably Lebron because of tonight), but a crap Lebron performance and great Wade performance would give him the edge I would think, but it would have to be a pretty big disparity. They both play good games and Lebron easily gets it.

razy to think that the Spurs would have been champions tonight if only T-Mac got Manu's minutes, just think about that for a second.

Welp

Vire

You kidding? The Heat wouldn't have won if Lebron didn't put the team on his back after he lost his headband.

Ended up with a triple double.

Still don't overreact. Remember 2010? Lakers destroyed Czzz in game 6, Perkins tore his ACL? They were devastated then too.

They still played their damn asses off and nearly won.

I said it before:

Do you know how hard it is to bounce back mentally from a loss like this?

At this point in the season, bro.

If the Heat blew them out this game, at least you can chalk it up to them playing out of their mind, finally being back home after 3 games in San Antonio.

They didn't.

They lost a game where they were up 5 with 29 seconds left in the game. A game that would have won them a chip.

This isn't just the type of game you bounce back from.

The Czzz were able to chalk up that Game 6 ass beating as a whatevers for them. The game was never really in question.

Just give the MVP to Jeezus. He got Lebron another ring after tonight.
Spurs? Gotta give it to Pops for getting them over the loss and bounce back

I said it before:

The Czzz were able to chalk up that Game 6 ass beating as a whatevers for them. The game was never really in question.

You're just using confirmation bias.

The Spurs are not going to lose because of how they lost game 6. That's stupid.

If they lose it's because they just get outplayed or they ran out of gas.

You're just using confirmation bias.

The Spurs are not going to lose because of how they lost game 6. That's stupid.

If they lose it's because they just get outplayed or they ran out of gas.

Sure, ran out of gas and emotional investment.

Directly linked to giving your all and emptying the tank in Game 6.

I hope I'm wrong and we get a good game but, I don't know man.

1. Duncan 25-8 1st half, started like 8/8

2. Mike Miller shoeless 3

3. TPs amazing 3 pointer

4. Lebron headbandless takeover

5. Jesus Shuttlesworth 3.

Man, what a crazy game. Still winding down from it.

Sure, ran out of gas and emotional investment.

Directly linked to giving your all and emptying the tank in Game 6.

I hope I'm wrong and we get a good game but, I don't know man.

I really don't think emotions have anything to do with it. You think duncan is going to be too depressed to win? the fuck?

Vire

1. Duncan 25-8 1st half, started like 8/8

2. Mike Miller shoeless 3

3. TPs amazing 3 pointer

4. Lebron headbandless takeover

5. Jesus Shuttlesworth 3.

Man, what a crazy game. Still winding down from it.

You have no idea how it feels as a Heat fan.

I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight. 2 AM and I don't give a FUCK.

Funny that this series has gone 7 after being declared over after every single game, lol.

Have no idea who will win on Thursday because Duncan, LeBron, Manu, and Wade have physical states that are too questionable right now with how up-and-down Manu and Wade have been and considering how much energy Duncan and LeBron had to use tonight.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
i'm re-watching the 4th and ot

its like seeing the woman you're about to marry going to work at a whorehouse

i just can't even...

disgusting

Pimpwerx

Jorge Sedano ‏@SedanoShow
As previously tweeted to me: Duncan illegally subbed during review of Ray 3. If shot was ruled a 2? There woulda been a HUGE problem #Heat

Wait...what? I didn't notice this. I don't know if anyone noticed this. However, I'm seeing some tweets about it. That woulda been a big deal. PEACE.

You have no idea how it feels as a Heat fan.

I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight. 2 AM and I don't give a FUCK.

Yes I do. Numerous times.

Jared Dubin ‏@JADubin5 58m
Heat O-Rtg with LeBron + Wade on court: 92.0. Heat O-Rtg with LeBron + no Wade: 143.3

Jared Dubin ‏@JADubin5 55m
Let's go for the full series now. O-Rtg/D-Rtg with LBJ/Wade: 100.8/112.7 ... O-Rtg/D-Rtg with LBJ/NO Wade: 131.7/89.5

whoa.

This has to be one of the few Finals that has gone 7 games with everyone declaring the series over after every game

nah, it's always like this.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Spurs wills how up. the question is how far will their old legs take them.
Um, isn't the Spurs is overall younger than the Heat?

The Spurs need to cut down the turnovers. Also, Duncan and Parker needs to show up with consistency in the 2nd half.

I really don't think emotions have anything to do with it. You think duncan is going to be too depressed to win? the fuck?

Wat?

Who said anything about TD being shook?

Let's say, a guy like Manu (who has had a shitty series thus far) is fucked in the head...and Kawhi is still shell-shocked over missing that FT.

Those guys are high minutes guys in the rotation and their focus (or lack thereof) could be costly...like I said, hope I'm wrong but...we'll see.

Top Bottom