• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Wat?

Who said anything about TD being shook?

Let's say, a guy like Manu (who has had a shitty series thus far) is fucked in the head...and Kawhi is still shell-shocked over missing that FT.

Those guys are high minutes guys in the rotation and their focus (or lack thereof) could be costly...like I said, hope I'm wrong but...we'll see.
...nah.

Wat?

Who said anything about TD being shook?

Let's say, a guy like Manu (who has had a shitty series thus far) is fucked in the head...and Kawhi is still shell-shocked over missing that FT.

Those guys are high minutes guys in the rotation and their focus (or lack thereof) could be costly...like I said, hope I'm wrong but...we'll see.

Manu has sucked the entire series and the entire playoffs, how can you distinguish him sucking from what he's done for 2 months versus devastation of losing last game?

I don't think Kawhi will be shook. he hasn't shot FTs well all playoffs.

I don't think we have a Nick Anderson on our hands, here.

Nobody is going to lose focus. They may be too tired to win, but that's physical, not mental.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
You know what

On that missed 3 Bosh got and kicked to Ray to tie it,
Ray pushed Manu down from behind, Manu fell to the floor and Ray immediately backed up to the 3 point line.

LOOK AT IT

that's how Ray was so open

Um, isn't the Spurs is overall younger than the Heat?

The Spurs need to cut down the turnovers. Also, Duncan and Parker needs to show up with consistency in the 2nd half.

The problem is the key pieces the spurs need to win are old while Lebron is still in his prime. They are going need to give everything they have and probably play almost all of Game 7 and its going to be hard.

By the way what's Ray Allen's future after this year?

Talked to my sister who got to go to the game tonight instead of me. She said the people to the right and left got up and left with 30 seconds left. The people to the right are always different, so that doesn't surprise me. But the family to the left is at every game and seemed like good fans, guess not. Still embarrassing as hell.

You know what

Ray pushed Manu down from behind, Manu fell to the floor and Ray immediately backed up to the 3 point line.

LOOK AT IT

images

Darkman M

Funny that this series has gone 7 after being declared over after every single game, lol.

Have no idea who will win on Thursday because Duncan, LeBron, Manu, and Wade have physical states that are too questionable right now with how up-and-down Manu and Wade have been and considering how much energy Duncan and LeBron had to use tonight.

Lebron is 28 in his physical prime though, a day of rest and he's good to go.

SamuraiX-

i'm re-watching the 4th and ot

its like seeing the woman you're about to marry going to work at a whorehouse

i just can't even...

disgusting

Almost every mistake that wasn't just a bricked shot off a good opportunity is pretty much all Manu.

I also blame Parker for settling for too many jumpers while Bosh was on him.

Green looked like he wanted no business catching the ball in the 4th quarter.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
It's like the Spurs lifted their foot off the gas just a lil' bit which allowed a Heat run in the second half. Crazy.

The problem is the key pieces the spurs need to win are old while Lebron is still in his prime. They are going need to give everything they have and probably play almost all of Game 7 and its going to be hard.
I don't know about the Spurs being tired and done. I doubt it.

Heat fans, what were your thoughts in OT, 15 seconds to go and Wade takes a stupid shot misses and Ginobili is storming down the court for the layup that could win the game. I think my brain shut off at that point, I could not believe Wade took that shot, everything after that was like some blur until Ray got the ball. Just crazy defense in those last moments, we blocked or stole the ball in 4 straight possessions.

Hellix

Uh, obviously Lebron. he's been their best player in all 3 wins.

Who stands out for the Spurs. It's the Spurs who has no MVP.

In game 2, I didn't think LeBron stood out as much, since I thought it was a complete team win. Everyone was contributing, especially on that 33-5 run. In game 4, I thought Wade had the better game despite LeBron having the better overall stats. Today, I would definitely say LeBron though.

For the Spurs, I thought Danny Green has been a real killer in all their wins. Every time it looked like the Heat were closing the gap or increasing their lead, he would drain a three-pointer or two. Tony Parker has been huge as well, especially in the first game.

Heat fans, what were your thoughts in OT, 15 seconds to go and Wade takes a stupid shot misses and Ginobili is storming down the court for the layup that could win the game. I think my brain shut off at that point, I could not believe Wade took that shot, everything after that was like some blur until Ray got the ball. Just crazy defense in those last moments, we blocked or stole the ball in 4 straight possessions.

I have never been so up and down as many times and the magnitude of the emotional waves were huge

after tony hit that step back 3 I was like
Flat1.jpg

when manu got those free throws i was like
Flat1.jpg

when lebron fucked up on them turnovers i was like
Flat1.jpg

when wade jacked tht shot up i'm pretty sure i literally died.

Ray Allen hits the 3 to save the series, hell the entire future of the franchise even. Thats exactly why we got him. Back before the season even started you always say stuff like "we got him so he could hit a game winning 3 when we need him" though not really expecting the Finals to come down to a three point shot. Amazing. He had one job... and he did it!

DJ88

I think my post as it happened sums it up nicely.

Wade don't you dare!!!

Damnit!!!!! Wade!!!!!

You know what

LOOK AT IT

I fail to see the difference between heat fans and nazis. I mean, seriously, what's the difference?

I don't even know how I'd feel if SAS ended up daggering us at the end

like the amount of fear in body was unholy amounts

Honestly, I was emotionally done at some point before the end. Once we came back and took the lead, 3 minutes left I felt like nothing could go wrong. When it did and the Spurs went up I didnt feel horrible like I did in the 3rd quarter. It was more of a feeling like "wow the Spurs never gave up and they just beat us, we lost playing at our best in the end." Then insanity happened.

I was shaking though. I remember that.

J2 Cool

Question, what's harder to watch.

Wade playing like a shell of himself?

or

Mike Miller crumbling in a ball of pain every 3 min?

Miller cause you actually have sympathy. He's making threes on one shoes, you know when a guy does that he's trying (plus playing well). Wade meanwhile is in cruise control, and is still half asleep when he tries to wake himself up in big moments. I can see him having a big game 7, and I'll hate him more than ever.

Oh fuck why is Wade in the game oh shit oh shit don't give the ball to Wade FUCK Wade has the ball, don't you dare fucking shoot from there Wade oh shit shit SHIT goddammit Wade you fuck
FUCK

exarkun

If you watch the game, basically everything that went wrong with the Spurs was caused by Manu. Open shooter? Probably Manu's guy. Bad foul? Probably Manu. Turnover at a crucial time? Definitely Manu.

He out-Linned Lin. 9 pts with 8 Turnovers and 4 fouls. After the half, everytime he touched the ball I just held my breath.

Just wanted to say that some of the Lebron hate is ridiculous....it's no where near rational sometimes.

Yeah maybe he could have done a lot better with some of the Heat's final possessions late 4th quarter, but that doesn't take away the 3 he made with less than a minute left on the clock...And sure doesn't take away the amazing 8-9 min run he had in the 4th to get the Heat back in the game!

EDIT: And props to Bosh...his defense and rebounding was so pivotal for the Heat's win also.

If you watch the game, basically everything that went wrong with the Spurs was caused by Manu. Open shooter? Probably Manu's guy. Bad foul? Probably Manu. Turnover at a crucial time? Definitely Manu.

He out-Linned Lin. 9 pts with 8 Turnovers and 4 fouls. After the half, everytime he touched the ball I just held my breath.
Manusanity was only 1 game, what a gyp.
Just wanted to say that some of the Lebron hate is ridiculous....it's no where near rational sometimes.

Yeah maybe he could have done a lot better with some of the Heat's final possessions late 4th quarter, but that doesn't take away the 3 he made with less than a minute left on the clock...And sure doesn't take away the amazing 8-9 min run he had in the 4th to get the Heat back in the game!
... yeah it does to the media. This isn't remotely a LeBron hate situation. You fuck up in the crunch and you're toast. It's always been that way in sports. Last two minutes are the most important.

You have to blame Green for Lebron's 3, though. Re-watch it and after Bron missed the first, Green tried to leak out for a layup so when Miami got the ball, Lebron was wide open for 3.

The postgame locker room, which, until those final seconds, looked headed for champagne spray and legacy hugs, was virtually silent. Duncan, who appeared to twist his left knee or ankle late in OT, walked with a limp. Danny Green just stared into the wall. Managers collected and sorted uniforms to be washed and prepared for another game, one of the least fun loads of laundry in history.

Bottles of water and Gatorade sat mostly unopened, like no one could muster the strength to even drink. Most of the postgame snacks – "Bobo's Oat Bars: Baked with heart in Boulder, Colorado" – went ignored.

This was a house of mourning.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--g...ssing-after-spurs--game-6-loss-064549161.html

YEEEEEEEESH

exarkun

You have to blame Green for Lebron's 3, though. Re-watch it and after Bron missed the first, Green tried to leak out for a layup so when Miami got the ball, Lebron was wide open for 3.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--g...ssing-after-spurs--game-6-loss-064549161.html

YEEEEEEEESH

I agree, I saw it. But I don't know the last time someone who plays as heavy minutes as Manu just play such a recklessly putrid brand of basketball. Like he literally didn't care that he had just turned it over on a similar pick and roll situation last game, and he does it again when wade takes it away this game. I was dumbfounded.

Top Bottom