• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Jag

iCfCMj32J6aks.gif

That's why my kids named our new dog Rio. Sometimes he's good, but most of the time he's getting yelled at.

still hilarious how pop didn't trust tim fucking duncan to play defense on the last two possessions

what hope do the rest of the coaches in the league have if even he can make such a del negro level mistake

KingKong

Wade got banged up in the first.. But what happened was an adjustment which Pop never really countered.

Miami basically fielded a Lebron + shooters lineup. Forcing the spurs to stay with their shooters, thus opening up the Floor for LBJ. With Wade in the game the defense can close the gaps a bit better since wade won't extend a defender to the 3point line.

its not even that, although its part of it, Lebron just seems more comfortable to drive and take control without Wade. You saw that as soon as he was back in, Wade was running plays and almost threw the game

Still smarting over last night. I don't know what to say or how to feel. This series has been so weird. Neither team has had a game where everyone showed up yet. Duncan dominates but Green and Parker no show. Manu does even worse than no show, he really really screwed us. Only 13 turnovers, and 8 were by him, and many were unforced stupid ones. :/

Still smarting over last night. I don't know what to say or how to feel. This series has been so weird. Neither team has had a game where everyone showed up yet. Duncan dominates but Green and Parker no show. Manu does even worse than no show, he really really screwed us. Only 13 turnovers, and 8 were by him, and many were unforced stupid ones. :/

series is over son

duncan played like this was fucking it and then gregg vogel took him out on the two most crucial possessions in the series, you don't come back from that kind of shit

series is over son

duncan played like this was fucking it and then gregg vogel took him out on the two most crucial possessions in the series, you don't come back from that kind of shit

I'm going to believe in the team until its a blow out for the Heat in the fourth or until there is literally no time left on the clock in a reasonable game. I just have to hope my last memory of Manu's play isn't him costing Tim his 5th title.

Who doesn't admit that those turnovers could've cost us the game? Its fact that they didn't, which is why they aren't being brought up and why he's being praised for his effort earlier in the quarter. Again, which part is hard to understand?

At this point, those who insist on bringing up now irrelevant plays come off as salty sourpusses who are bitter that we are still alive. Or something. I see no one in this thread bigging lebron up like he was perfect or something, yet there is some overpowering need for someone to make sure we remember that he could've lost us the game. Why?

its not even that, although its part of it, Lebron just seems more comfortable to drive and take control without Wade. You saw that as soon as he was back in, Wade was running plays and almost threw the game

agree with both of these.

fuck, that was obviously a disappointing loss for the spurs.

but life goes on, and thursday is a NEW GAME. DO OR DIE.

i hope pop/tim can find a way for these guys to be mentally prepared come game time.

IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE FROM OVER.

better team normally wins and I say spurs are a better team.
(heat were playing from behind for most of game 6)

Baby Milo

series is over son

pretty much

i still can't believe Pop. How do you not ride or die with Tim right there?

Pimpwerx

Seems those assholes who left the game early last night, tried to get back in and were pounding on the doors. Cops had to be called. I say good, lock those losers out. MAking us look bad. You don't walk out on the closing minutes of a great season, win or lose. You cheer to the final horn and then give your team a round of applause for the 100+ games of basketball they gave you this season. Embarrassing. Real fans would kill for those seats in a game like this, even if it was a blowout. PEACE.

Vestal

fuck, that was obviously a disappointing loss for the spurs.

but life goes on, and thursday is a NEW GAME. DO OR DIE.

i hope pop/tim can find a way for these guys to be mentally prepared come game time.

IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE FROM OVER.

better team normally wins and I say spurs are a better team.
(heat were playing behind for the most of game 6)

We will defently find out who the Better team is come Thursday.

Resilient

Seems those assholes who left the game early last night, tried to get back in and were pounding on the doors. Cops had to be called. I say good, lock those losers out. MAking us look bad. You don't walk out on the closing minutes of a great season, win or lose. You cheer to the final horn and then give your team a round of applause for the 100+ games of basketball they gave you this season. Embarrassing. Real fans would kill for those seats in a game like this, even if it was a blowout. PEACE.

#truthfact. I don't support either of these teams but I would have loved to be at this game (from Aus). Hate seeing that shit every year watching these games.

yeah I saw a video of them on the sun sentinel website talking and I was disgusted

I hope they never return to that arena, those pieces of shit

Vire

Should be banned for life from the arena, let alone allowed to come back in the waning minutes.

The fact that they missed out on an all-time classic is punishment enough.

A real fan would've never left the NBA FINALS before the game was over.

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 3m
Shane Battier: "After walking through the desert of solitude & missing shots for eons, I encountered an oasis & the tranquil waters of 3s."
good for you shane

Trey

Yeah, they lost, despite the game leaning hard in their favor. But shit just happens, its two great teams that were both exhausted. The loss had nothing to do with anything mental, or any sort of psychological "choke"

They choked. The stars had to align for the Heat to pull out what they did last night. Crucial missed free throws, crucial offensive rebounds allowed, small things that if the Spurs even routinely executed would have them as the current champions.

phalestine

aka iby.h
pretty much

i still can't believe Pop. How do you not ride or die with Tim right there?

So how did Pop sub out Tim if they had no timeouts? I thought it was against the rules to sub out players during an official time out? or no?
edit - nvm, I see it was mentioned already.

That was one of the most cringeworthy chokes I've ever seen. Duncan deserves better than that shit. Manu was chalmers bad.

At least we get a game 7 :D

effzee

Until he hit the 3 with 28 second left, Lebron had had two straight turnovers, bricked a 3, and had Parker hit a 3 on him. He would have taken a hit if the bounces go differently.

Agreed with all except for the 3 Parker hit.

I mean Lebron played him as well as anyone could, didn't let him drive by to the rim, and forced him to take a tough falling back 2-3 feet behind the three point line 3 pointer.

The fact that it went in was super clutch on Parker's part. Similar to the shot he hit in game 1. Lebron played great D on that possession too but Parker just made a better shot.

It's amazing how much better LeBron and the Heat play when Wade is on the bench

For this last game? Yes. But he also had a brilliant game in Game 4 to keep them in the series.

I think its all about adjustments. Wade wasn't confident in his shot so he was a liability and a person a Spurs defender could leave alone. With Wade out they loaded up with 3 point shooters and then Lebron could work 1 on 1 without the double team.

Wade got banged up in the first.. But what happened was an adjustment which Pop never really countered.

Miami basically fielded a Lebron + shooters lineup. Forcing the spurs to stay with their shooters, thus opening up the Floor for LBJ. With Wade in the game the defense can close the gaps a bit better since wade won't extend a defender to the 3point line.

Almost the same way Miami decided to play Duncan one on one no matter what so they wouldn't leave the Spurs 3 point shooters wide open.

Miami ran the same offense late in the game. I think it could still work with Wade if only he wasn't so hesitant with his shot. When both LBJ and Wade are over thinking, hesitant, and not taking the shots the Spurs are giving them the whole offense suffers.

Wade was never a great 3 point shooter but he used to be able to at least attempt a wide open look.

Vire

Then who will come to the games?

Miami needs a fan up notice for playoff basketball.

Unfortunately, the wealthiest people are the ones who get tickets to these games and often they are the least dedicated fans. Just something fun "to do".

I'd kill for Game 7 tickets, but I simply can't afford it right now.

good for you shane

Did you see his face when the asshole bankshot three went in?

Vire

Lowest on stub-hub is $400 for a 400 level seat. Jesus Christ.

800 fat ones to see a game with my brother?

:/ Nope.

They should have their tickets revoked. What shit heads.

Jag

Lowest on stub-hub is $400 for a 400 level seat. Jesus Christ.

800 fat ones to see a game with my brother?

:/ Nope.

Registered for a pair of game time lower level tix at $375/ea. I'd probably buy them if I get in, but that's alot of scratch for a single game. I've seen the Isles win the Cup at home, Yanks win the Trophy in the Bronx and the Spurs win their first at MSG....maybe I better stay home.

jeeez, how does the nba/heat expect anyone besides band wagon rich folk to get to these games?

That's exactly why I said the blue bloods courtside are the most casual of all fans. Those are the dumbfuck soccer moms who get wiped out when a player flies at them chasing a loose ball because their head is down texting instead of watching the game.

The real fans are in the cheap seats.

The travel took place before any foul occurred.

It is irrelevant. The play shouldn't exist. It should have been a turnover at that moment.

wrong, manu took two steps before ray began fouling him. i would argue that it wasn't a shooting foul though so no free throws, though i don't remember if they were in the penalty or not.

why is this even a discussion, the heat are going to win this series so you can at least level with the reality that manu was fouled there.

Manu was fouled, but they let him travel as much as he wanted so it was an even no call in my eyes. If you're gonna bitch about no calls though please be sure to remember how many we were fucked on.

Top Bottom