• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

bionic77

Why couldn't it just have... You know... Been a normal miss. He shoots that around 40%, he actually made the second. I see no choking.
He missed a lot of shots badly before that 3 and then Ray bailed them out and made the Spurs choke a real thing.

Ray also made everyone forget how Parker won the game and took away his Finals MVP,

Can't wait for game 7. Hope it is close and not a Heat blowout.

Baby Milo

man if the spurs grab a fucking rebound were laughing at bron throwing up an airball, turnover and bricking a three

im salty spurs gave him his soul back

Manu already sounds like he is giong to blow game 7 for us. These are comments from the big 3 this afternoon. Basically, one of these is not like the other.

Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN 36m No team has won a road Game 7 since 1978. Parker: "We're happy to have an opportunity to make history."

Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN 40m Duncan: "We just want to get to the game ... We like our chances."

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 46m Pop to @miketirico on @NBAonESPNRadio on Spurs' own role in getting taken to Game 7: "We better be real unsatisifed to the point of anger"

Paul Garcia PS ‏@24writer 51m RT @mikefinger: Manu on his mental state: "Still down. After a blow like that, it's not easy to get back up."

Its just crazy to think of how bad Manu is now considering how intimidating this dude was as a player a few years back.

I mean this dude literally shit on our entire olympic squad.

Bron said he is going to hang out with his family and his friends he grew up with tonight while watching Spongbob. Lebron also apologized to the fans for almost losing last night.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I heard the same psycho babble after G2 and G4. Fuck is you talkin bout?
Parker and Ginobili and Green played bad games and it still took a herculean effort from MIA to scrape and claw their way to a win. The Spurs will get over it and be thinking about G7 in about 12 hours. stop with this crap.

Green played an ineffective game, not a bad one.

Parker played hero ball at key moments and let the heat back into things because he screwed up the offensive flow for the spurs.

Ginobili had 9 points in 34:41. He was was 2-5 from the field, 4-6 from the free throw line, led the team in personal fouls with 4, and had eight turnovers (out of 13 total spurs turnovers). And basically all of his turnovers were stupid turnovers, not a product of any defense by the heat, just really, really stupid offense by Manu.

he had three fouls in the last 13 minutes of the game (4th quarter and OT), one of which was that boneheaded shooting foul on bosh where he gave up an easy 2 points and a chance at a 3 point play. Two turnovers in the final 45 seconds of OT.

Honestly, I think the spurs would have been better off playing 4 on 5 than playing Ginobili. That's how bad he was.

SamuraiX-

Paul Garcia PS ‏@24writer 51m RT @mikefinger: Manu on his mental state: "Still down. After a blow like that, it's not easy to get back up."

Figures Manu is the emo bitch of the team right now while Parker, Duncan, and Pop only talk about wanting blood.

If Pop gives Manu more than 20 minutes in Game 7, he's a fucking idiot. Unless Game 5 Manu shows up, it's just ridiculous to try leaning on loyalty because of the past which is going to cost them their last shot at a 5th ring right now. At least Cory Joseph can handle a basketball and doesn't go for the most fucking ridiculous passes when there's no angle there.

i am terrified of emo manu and pissed off popovich

manu with no fucks to give is scary

The Finals MVP for the Miami Heat.

Green played an ineffective game, not a bad one.

Parker played hero ball at key moments and let the heat back into things because he screwed up the offensive flow for the spurs.

Ginobili had 9 points in 34:41. He was was 2-5 from the field, 4-6 from the free throw line, led the team in personal fouls with 4, and had eight turnovers (out of 13 total spurs turnovers). And basically all of his turnovers were stupid turnovers, not a product of any defense by the heat, just really, really stupid offense by Manu.

he had three fouls in the last 13 minutes of the game (4th quarter and OT), one of which was that boneheaded shooting foul on bosh where he gave up an easy 2 points and a chance at a 3 point play. Two turnovers in the final 45 seconds of OT.

Honestly, I think the spurs would have been better off playing 4 on 5 than playing Ginobili. That's how bad he was.

I've been wondering that in the chatroom yesterday: can anyone think of a single worst performance in the NBA finals than Ginobili's yesterday? Not rhetorical, although I really can not.

GaimeGuy

Figures Manu is the emo bitch of the team right now while Parker, Duncan, and Pop only talk about wanting blood.

If Pop gives Manu more than 20 minutes in Game 7, he's a fucking idiot. Unless Game 5 Manu shows up, it's just ridiculous to try leaning on loyalty because of the past which is going to cost them their last shot at a 5th ring right now.

Pop should bench Manu for game 7 and play TMac.

I just heard that the spurs had a team dinner after the game where the each talked about their biggest playoff screw ups. Kind of a big therapy session. If we lose I blame the dinner.

The one team that can come from a devastating loss like this is the spurs.

PBY

Banned
Wow that grant land article! So that is what real basketball analysis is like. The wade and lebron stats stick out to me.
Yeah Zach lowe is that dude. Makes you realize how dumb- and really not based on anything- half of the things discussed here are.

GaimeGuy

No, seriously, Pop should not play Manu. He's defeated mentally and has shown himself incompetent on the court. He'll only hurt the team's chances with the attitude he has and the way he's playing.

Duncan is hungry. Parker is hungry (even though he fucked things up in OT by trying to play the hero). Pop is hungry. Manu is devastated. Keep him away from the rest of the team.

Manu and Wade have both been mostly bad in the postseason, but it's just really hard to bench one of the best and most beloved players in the history of your franchise. I don't think Manu is contributing anything positive right now, but it's hard to just bench him when he's had so much greatness before and might have some left.

Teriyaki

Manu being terribad really screws up the entire Spurs offense. With Bron on TP, the Heat force the ball to the secondary ballhandler similar to how they defend Chicago. That guy last night was Manu and he sucked. He either made poor decisions or gave the ball back to TP with little time on the clock to throw up some hero shots.

Neal and Danny Green can't run the offense and Bosh is forcing TD to catch way out from the post (with a soft double from Battier if TD is in deep).

SA needs to continue to run out after any Heat miss before the D is set, TP needs to find his lost mid-range J, and have Diaw be the screener/secondary ballhandler to force a defender from Miami to come out from the paint.

Manu and Wade have both been mostly bad in the postseason, but it's just really hard to bench one of the best and most beloved players in the history of your franchise. I don't think Manu is contributing anything positive right now, but it's hard to just bench him when he's had so much greatness before and might have some left.

This is especially true considering that if game 5 Manu, or hell even half of Game 5 Manu shows up, the Spurs have a very good chance of winning. Same goes for Game 4 Wade.

Hell, the Spurs had to choke away the win with Manu playing like total trash. And Wade looked terrible on the offensive end and almost cost Miami the game. The dueling shits these two.

I honestly think that Blair needs to get some run. I know Diaw is playing okay defense but the Spurs have no way to make the Heat pay for putting LeBron on Parker right now.

Blair would help with so many things imo

GaimeGuy

Y'all are crazy.

Pop knows what he's doing.

Tmac lol

You know, I think Popovich is the greatest coach of all time... but he screwed up last night. Royally. Taking out Duncan was about as dumb a decision as Vokel taking out Hibbert. And leaving Manu in the game was a dumb decision. And he should have called a timeout with ~20 seconds left in OT and drawn up some plays. Instead we got that disastrous scramble by Manu into 4 players and that half court inbound lob to a contested green.

If Popovich is as good as I know he is, he's thinking "What the hell was I dong?" while watching that game tape.

You know, I think Popovich is the greatest coach of all time... but he screwed up last night. Royally. Taking out Duncan was about as dumb a decision as Vokel taking out Hibbert. And leaving Manu in the game was a dumb decision. And he should have called a timeout with ~20 seconds left in OT and drawn up some plays. Instead we got that disastrous scramble by Manu into 4 players and that half court inbound lob to a contested green.

If Popovich is as good as I know he is, he's thinking "What the hell was I dong?" while watching that game tape.

pops took a gamble by not putting duncan in the last minute of play. he lost.
i'd like to think he wont be doing any more gambling on thursday.

BadAss2961

I have no problem with Pop leaving Manu in there. In spite of a bad game, he can do something that wins it for you at any time. I'd rather go down with my best players on the floor.

Sitting Duncan on defense was the problem last night. It made no sense at all. The plan in that situation is to get the stop before you worry about the free throws. It bit them in the ass the first time, yet Pop sat him AGAIN leading to another 2nd chance 3.

I am disappointed in Lebatard today. Van Gundy is ruining the show, ref talk, thats the show they are doing. Ref talk. There is nothing I hate more about basketball than ref talk.

effzee

Wow that grant land article! So that is what real basketball analysis is like. The wade and lebron stats stick out to me.

Yup. I think the trick is to extend the periods where only Wade is on the court or only LBJ is on the court.

The substitution pattern for most of the season was that all 3 of the big 3 start and then with 3-5 min left in the first quarter, Wade and Bosh go to the bench. Then LBJ plays with guys like Ray Allen, Battier, Chalmers, and or Miller. They need to somehow maximize this window. In this lineup LBJ should never catch the ball at half court. He should go post up right away with all the rest of the guys on the 3 point line ready for the catch and shoot. If no double team comes, let LBJ take it one on one.

Then when you start the 2nd quarter, about 2 minutes in, bring back Bosh and Wade, rest LBJ, and run a 2 man offense with Bosh and Wade.

I mean they were doing this anyway most of the season but Pacers and Spurs have both knocked them into a panic mode rotation which is just up in the air every game.

They can't be afraid to rest LBJ for some stretches in the first half so he ca potentially play the whole 2nd half if needed. And they need Wade for his defensive presence even if he isn't offering much on offense. Both Bosh and Wade played very underrated defensive games last night.

Yeah Zach lowe is that dude. Makes you realize how dumb- and really not based on anything- half of the things discussed here are.

For all the complaining about ESPN analysis, First Take, or even Skip Bayless...that is about the same level analysis and talk you get here.

The Diaw defense mirage is going to end in Game 7.

Lebron is going to drive every single time, and I don't know how that can be stopped. :(

Its easy to stop. Don't guard him up front. Give him room to shoot. He will out think himself and not take the shot or only take it when he isn't comfortable taking it.

Unless Diaw is on him when he is surrounded by 4 three point shooters. Then Lebron can eat him alive.

heat fans asking for a travel call on a drive to the hoop :lol :lol

LOL NO.

Just pointing out that he traveled. If that doesn't get called neither should the contact with Ray Allen. LOL.

I'd be interested in what you think Blair would do.

He's terrific on the offensive glass, being physical and scoring inside.

If you have Diaw and Manu on the floor at the same time then you're almost playing 2 on 5 offensively. Diaw is a nonfactor, Manu is a turnover, and Parker is guarded by LeBron.

I think Blair would make them pay down low by punishing the Heat when they go small.

Top Bottom