• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Ziek

Seems to me like pop wanted to have 2 chances at the end of that game. He wanted a quick basket and then foul the Heat, have them shoot FTs and immediately call for a timeout. That would give them one last extra chance. I know a lot of people wanted Pop to call a timeout after the Wade jumper, but basketball is about probability. Having 2 chances instead of 1. Too bad Manu completely fucked it up.

Still, not putting in Duncan was questionable. I feel bad for pop and Duncan, but the Heat took that game right out from under them.

Game 7 is gonna be SO stressful :(

Pop did want two chances, and that made sense.

Manu being crap hurt him. Continuing to play Manu hurt him (though what else could he do, really? Play more Gary Neal or something?). Not having TD in, even if he was tired, to at least be a big on the floor to make it easier to control those two ORBs hurt him.

LaMeRz

I am not saying the game was rigged....but Gabrielle Anwar was sitting behind the Heat bench and looked pretty disinterested.....or focused on something else?!?!? Where was Michael Westin?

burn_notice_s4_poster.jpg

Ray gonna have more points this game 7 then the 2010 game 7

I can see Wade troll and have a huge night

Ginobili can't possibly play that bad again, nah he will
Green struggling was expected.
Parker struggled til the end of the 4th

Duncan won't be able to do that game 6 performance again :(

Save us red rocket

Bread

Banned
grantland commenter said:
Lebron gets less "superstar calls" than any superstar ever. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the refs have been that bad or biased or that Lebron should get "superstar calls", but compared to Jordan or Kobe or others, Lebron never gets the benefit of the doubt on contact. I mean, even Wade in 2006 got a bunch of superstar calls but with Lebron it seems that he's on the opposite end of the spectrum...

:lol how can someone think this

The lack of a true back up PG is really killing us right now. I mean, I wanted Manu benched too, but what were the options to run the point? Him, Neal, Corey Joseph, or Tmac? Ugh. That said, Pop CAN NOT let Manu be the only one of the big 3 on the court at the same time. Either TP or Timmy need to be on the court with him when he's playin

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I somewhat agree about Bron not getting "superstar" calls as much as MJ and Kibe have.
Maybe it has to do with his flopping and how he exagerates all contact. In the third there were two drives to the hoop that contact happened and I can see not making the call, but not even for a second would I think that Kobe doesn't get that call. And that one on one drive at the end against Green where they wound up just calling it out of bounds and have the ball to the Spurs should have been a whistle. Contact happened. I would get that call on a fastbreak, there is no way that Bron shouldn't have.
The officiating has been really really bad this playoffs.

Vestal

I somewhat agree about Bron not getting "superstar" calls as much as MJ and Kibe have.
Maybe it has to do with his flopping and how he exagerates all contact. In the third there were two drives to the hoop that contact happened and I can see not making the call, but not even for a second would I think that Kobe doesn't get that call. And that one on one drive at the end against Green where they wound up just calling it out of bounds and have the ball to the Spurs should have been a whistle. Contact happened. I would get that call on a fastbreak, there is no way that Bron shouldn't have.

Well.. On that last drive I can understand the refs. They swallowed the whistle for the last minute of play. Stuff that got called in the first 4 quarters was not being called.

On a side note the problem for LBJ in regards to getting superstar calls is his play style and physical attributes. He can outpower anyone in the league and the refs know it.

What's with all these Nazis gloating over the coming of the Fourth Reich in Miami, or these sniveling defeatist Vichy scum.

San Antonio got this. It's over. 23-point blowout win for the Spurs in Game 7, book it.

Bread

Banned
What's with all these Nazis gloating over the coming of the Fourth Reich in Miami, or these sniveling defeatist Vichy scum.

San Antonio got this. It's over. 23-point blowout win for the Spurs in Game 7, book it.
The Heat lost the series in the 3rd quarter, then won the series in overtime.

i'm sure they'll have a 23 point lead but then pop will start the 4th quarter with turnobili, neal, green, bonner, splitter and not sub in duncan and parker until after the lead is cut to 5

I am starting to dislike Ginobili almost as much as I dislike Stern and Wade. If I could throw five punches to a face with zero repercussions, at least 2 would be reserved for Stern and 1 for Wade, so that's saying a lot.

Replace Ginobili with T-Mac and BOOM 23-point win. America wins over the Miami Fourth Reich Nazis

Crisco

Banned
People have been waiting for the Heat to start playing like they did during their win streak and steam rolling the playoffs for 2 months. That's clearly never going to happen at this point. Spurs could and honestly should win Game 7.

Vire

vire did you finish LOU,how is it?

Yes I did, phenomenal game.

My favorite game of the generation and I'm not exaggerating.

Just go in with the expectations that it's a slow burn. The 15 minute intro is fantastic, but after that it takes a little while to get back up to speed and build the world. Areas are much more open than an Uncharted game, giving avenues to explore. The first 3-4 hours are merely "great", maybe even in contention for GOTY, but once you get to Winter, it becomes one of the best games I've ever played.

The characters and writing are among gaming's finest. Neil Druckmann just did such a good job with the script.

If I had a few complaints it would be:

A. The framerate gets bogged down from time to time when there are ton of enemies onscreen

B. The friendly AI is a little quirky at times.

Other than that, I loved it.

if Pop was afraid Duncan would miss both free throws then thats stupid for not keeping him in.

Duncan would have made 1-2 and even if he missed the second the heat would have had to gone the length of the court to shoot a 3
unless they had a time out but then you take your chances

Ray basically had a wide open 3, parker got there when ray was in the air

Duncan would have got both those rebounds

dat salt :p

pop sweat'n

bionic77

Lebron did not get some calls but the refs
held their whistle at the end against the Spurs as well. They did not have an influence on the outcome. The Spurs choked by missing those 3 FT and the Heat never gave up (unlike their bitch ass fans) and credit goes to them.

Also on Lebron not getting calls. You don't deserve a single call when a fat piece of shit like Diaw is shutting you down. That is a disgrace and Kobe would score 300 points if Diaw was guarding him like that.

Can we all agree that Kobe would have told Pop he wasn't sitting in the biggest moment of the game? If there was ever a moment where you had to man up it was there.

The Diaw defense mirage is going to end in Game 7.

Lebron is going to drive every single time, and I don't know how that can be stopped. :(

Whenever Miami blows teams out its because the roleplayers are going HAM.

I really think the solution is to just let Bron get his and don't bring help under any circumstances. He might get fifty but at least it tires him out and they don't go on runs of 10 points in a minute.

bionic77

Whenever Miami blows teams out its because the roleplayers are going HAM.

I really think the solution is to just let Bron get his and don't bring help under any circumstances. He might get fifty but at least it tires him out and they don't go on runs of 10 points in a minute.
Spurs defense has been amazing. No need to change anything. That's not why they lost last night.

For the Spurs it comes down to whether or not they have anything left in the tank or if they will just run out of gas in the 3rd quarter and get run out of the building. I have no idea what the answer to that is.

we all know no road teams have won a game 7 in the finals (0-5, small sample size)
but if there's one team in the nba that is capable of making in happen against the heat, it's the spurs.

if not..um...good job, good effort.

spurs will have enough in the tank, trust.
it's not like this playoffs has been a cake walk for heat players either.
i think it's an even playing field in terms of the players wear and tear...it will come down to who's going to choke/fuck up more down the stretch...

BadAss2961

Spurs had the perfect LeBron choke ending with the terribly missed shots and losing the ball to Duncan.

Then the missed free throws and lost rebounds...

Top Bottom