• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

And Duncan got blocked going soft since he was tired. And they were slow on rotations and Leonard was visibly tired trying to rebound the ball, not jumping as high as he was earlier and letting Wade outjump him.

Sure, Manu was the biggest overall reason why they lost. But if the Spurs were younger, they'd have won that game, too. Lots of factors play in. Hell, if Parker doesn't make a miracle 3, they probably never go up to begin with. There's always a lot of finger pointing.

But they did tire out in the 4th, which allowed the Heat to not only come back but go up by 3 late.

they were tired because they expended more energy than they had to defending MIAs transition game, which was sparked no less than a half dozen times by Manu's turnovers. Transition D is hard. Transition D against MIA is brutal.
Im gunna stick my guns and say that Manu was 100% responsible for the lost last night.

KingGondo

Banned
As a side note, part of me wonders if anything would be different if JJJJJJJJJJJJJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX was still on the team. He woudln't be getting playing time over Green or Leonard, but stealing Manu's minutes when he was playing bad might have helped. Not saying he would have been a big producer, but just not play as horrible would be all we needed.
I think you're forgetting that the answer has been there all along.

tracy-mcgrady-spurs.jpeg

#FREETMAC

Man those numbers with and without wade on the court are pretty damning . But he hit some timely baskets down the stretch. Call me what you want but I rather lose with wade in the game than with somebody like miller or allen in and him on the bench.

Also lebron played some monster ass D last night.

So the NBA admitted that Pop illegally substituted Duncan into the game in the final 5 seconds.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but had Parker made that shot to win the game, miami could have protested the outcome and would have been granted a replay, right?

Imagine if that happened!

So the NBA admitted that Pop illegally substituted Duncan into the game in the final 5 seconds.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but had Parker made that shot to win the game, miami could have protested the outcome and would have been granted a replay, right?

Thank god it didn't. Last night as it already was created conspiracy talk

Result wouldn't have changed. NBA would just issue an apology.

but man if that happened!

Result wouldn't have changed. NBA would just issue an apology.

but man if that happened!

NBA issues apologies for officiating mistakes in calling live games. ie: fouls, travel, out of bounds, etc.

However, IIRC, mistakes of process like this get replayed.

A few years ago Shaq, who had 5 fouls, was told he had 6 fouls and fouled out when it was wrong. That game went to OT. Miami protested and won since it was an error an they replayed the game even though Shaq was traded before it got replayed. edit: They didn't replay the game, just from the moment Shaq was sent to the bench.

I think this falls under that jurisdiction. But I'm not sure, so I'm asking.

Nori Chan

Family sharing can still happen just not with downloaded titles so if you have the discs you're golden....right? Unless they changed that

Omega

Banned
It's amazing that for 10 years, gamers have allowed Microsoft to get away with Xbox Live and have never stood up for their consumer rights. I guess paying more to use something you already own/services that are free everywhere else is perfectly fine though.

All MS had to do was make a few changes instead of doing a complete 180.

Bread

Banned
I'm sorry, I didn't realize shooting a 3 with one shoe was more difficult than shooting a 3 with two shoes. I guess we know the winning dunk for the dunk contest next year

well uhhh it is? being a good 3 point shooter means you have a balanced jump shot, having one foot inches lower than the other does make it more difficult. i agree that it is being way overblown, but it definitely impacts a shot.

Pimpwerx

this is why people hate the Heat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp1v2WSAD5o

I'm sorry, I didn't realize shooting a 3 with one shoe was more difficult than shooting a 3 with two shoes. I guess we know the winning dunk for the dunk contest next year

So people hate the Heat because of a Tirico call? Mike Tirico who doesn't even like the Heat himself? What...I just....huh. I'd love to know what the process is like as you rationalize nonsense like this. PEACE.

Cipherr

this is why people hate the Heat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp1v2WSAD5o

That play wasn't called in that video by Miami Homers, so what are you upset at the Heat for?

Mike Miller made a shot, thats what he is supposed to do, so what are you upset at the Heat for?

That "1 minute 6 angle" video was not made by a Miami Heat fan, nor the Miami Heat organization, it was done by the NBA, so what are you upset at the Heat for?

9rQbEYi.png

Novid

Banned
Best Finals Game of the ESPN era bar none, but will never compare to the 93 Bulls Suns 3OT WAR. (or the 84 finals game 4 and 7 between Lakers and Celtics, which I consider the greatest games ever played)

I thought this was America where I'm allowed to hate the Heat without proving my case in court. When you got Nike making 2 time champion shoes before they win anything, you got ESPN dying for any chance to say Lebron is better than Jordan, and then you got their fans walking out before the game is even over.

There's a lot there to dislike.

I thought this was America where I'm allowed to hate the Heat without proving my case in court. When you got Nike making 2 time champion shoes before they win anything, you got ESPN dying for any chance to say Lebron is better than Jordan, and then you got their fans walking out before the game is even over.

did the heat employ nike? does the Heat run ESPN? is it the Heat's fault that only rich fair weather fans can afford tickets?

lol you can hate them all you want, you just look like a clown

did the heat employ nike? does the Heat run ESPN? is it the Heat's fault that only rich fair weather fans can afford tickets?

lol you can hate them all you want, you just look like a clown

So anyone that dislikes your team is a clown? Sweet logic bro. I forgot to mention The Decision, not 1 not 2 not 3, Wade's case for why flopping is making the world a better place.

Pimpwerx

So anyone that dislikes your team is a clown? Sweet logic bro. I forgot to mention The Decision, not 1 not 2 not 3, Wade's case for why flopping is making the world a better place.

No, but anyone who hates them irrationally like this is. I especially love that people call them douchebags and bad guys, but they sacrificed money and play unselfish basketball. Haters are hating on the values they claim they treasure. It's delicious ironing. PEACE.

Fjordson

Yeah, the Heat are unlikable. Not every player, but most of them. People need to accept that fact and move on.

Some of it is unique to them (Lebron and his no-call theatrics, The Decision, Wade and his floppiness, Shane Battier existing, etc.) some of it is simply the product of being the best team. I remember rooting against the Lakers in the early 2000's. I've similarly rooted against the Yankees. Heat fans should take it as a compliment really.

effzee

Again ESPN only cares to talk about whatever will get them ratings. Look at these NBA threads. Almost half the talk is about legacy between Lebron Kobe and Jordan. ESPN debate shows mirror that same talk. WHY? Cause that's what all you fans who only care about comparing stats care to listen too.

You think ESPN cares any which way what side of the debate Lebron falls on? They just want the debate to continue as long as the audience craves it. There are also the NHL finals going on. They barely talk about that. You think for a minute if hockey talk was more popular they wouldn't be talking about it?

Get a grip.

Of course, I want the Spurs to win tomorrow, but if they do end up losing, I want Manu to at least play a decent game. The dude is a warrior and my second favorite Spur of all time behind Duncan, and I don't want his game 6 plus a shitty game 7 to be my last memories of him.

Top Bottom