• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

PBY

Banned
Nightstick is irrational hating. My criticism has everything to do with the stuff the Heat do. Not because I think they're evil villains or some shit.
You treat them like villains.

Which is fine. But it clouds your perspective about what's happening on the court.

J2 Cool

I have no problem with Pop leaving Manu in there. In spite of a bad game, he can do something that wins it for you at any time. I'd rather go down with my best players on the floor.

Sitting Duncan on defense was the problem last night. It made no sense at all. The plan in that situation is to get the stop before you worry about the free throws. It bit them in the ass the first time, yet Pop sat him AGAIN leading to another 2nd chance 3.

It wasn't about Duncan shooting free throws. I've heard this once before and it's wrong. It was about mobile defenders to defend the 5 shooters the Heat put out. He doesn't have mobility. The first one I could understand but the 2nd one, I think Duncan could handle Bosh. For the rebounding advantage he gives you, you make that tradeoff.

All this talk about Manu. Pop fucking left in a lineup that would get beat by the bobcats at the beginning of the 4th and let Lebron pop off.

This was glaring. I don't consider myself an arm chair coach at all, and thought "the fuck"?

Miami fans like to stick religious minorities into ovens and take bath salts and eat people's faces off. And they fuck alligators.

fHUjgFF.gif

I'm on board for the Heat to win it for the second season in a row.

But I'm no hater, if San Antonio pulls it out, they earned it. This was a great fucking finals, everyone but the salty folks should be able to admit that much. This SA team is positively remarkable. They have locked down my precious Heats transition baskets this series like no other team I have ever seen before. Its just great watching such a competent team play another competent team.

Yeah, if the Spurs win they earned it. In the last thirty seconds when I thought it was all over my thought was "wow, the spurs flat out beat us. We came back but they took our best and won." Of course then magic happened and here we are.

Yeah, if the Spurs win they earned it. In the last thirty seconds when I thought it was all over my thought was "wow, the spurs flat out beat us. We came back but they took our best and won." Of course then magic happened and here we are.

that parker 3 killed me

and then the turnover and made basket....holy fuck my feels at that point

I can't believe there's still a game 7

Someone doing the whole hate the heat cause of the Decision, cause we get media coverage crap again. We are still doing this. Ugh.

Sadly that reaction is still out there, as I travel and talk to people in different cities you still have those people that cannot get over the "not 2, not 3, not 4" It was a damn pep rally for the fans!! Lebron didn't call a press conference to announce to the NBA that he was going to win a bunch of championships. It was a fun night for the fans that ESPN decided to air, the Heat did not say "hey lets put this on national TV so that we can rub it in everyone's face."

Whatever. At least I am in St. Louis for Game 7. Its one of the few positive toward Heat cities out there, which is probably cause they don't have a basketball team.

effzee

Someone doing the whole hate the heat cause of the Decision, cause we get media coverage crap again. We are still doing this. Ugh.

Sadly that reaction is still out there, as I travel and talk to people in different cities you still have those people that cannot get over the "not 2, not 3, not 4" It was a damn pep rally for the fans!! Lebron didn't call a press conference to announce to the NBA that he was going to win a bunch of championships. It was a fun night for the fans that ESPN decided to air, the Heat did not say "hey lets put this on national TV so that we can rub it in everyone's face."

Whatever. At least I am in St. Louis for Game 7. Its one of the few positive toward Heat cities out there, which is probably cause they don't have a basketball team.

Are you traveling for work?

that parker 3 killed me

and then the turnover and made basket....holy fuck my feels at that point

I can't believe there's still a game 7

There was this shot of Lebron's face after the second turnover, this lost frustrated look. I remember thinking that is the image that will be played over and over again as ESPN talks about choking Lebron.

Are you traveling for work?

Yes. Bad luck of the draw this year. I was home for the other finals. I really can't complain, I was lucky has hell to go to the close out game last year, if this is some sort of strange cosmic penance for that i am fine with it.

I am just hoping that if we win we do the parade on monday so I could go. I remember before they didn't do a weekend parade cause then they had to pay the city workers overtime.

That month is the month of darkness. The black hole of sports that is devoid of anything interesting. Nothing to watch, nothing to talk about except mid season baseball. The horror.

For July, everyone should be watching Olynyk destroy the Summer League while McLemore passes out in the middle of a game due to having gotten too fat to play basketball.

rdrr gnr

I could see MS bringing a $400 sku with no kinect. In terms of power its not as big as some make it out to be.
If the GPU gets downclocked the difference would be substantial. Plus, they would have to rework parts of their OS for Kinect-less version, I believe. I'd count on a subsidized/financed version before I'd hope for one without Kinect.

I'm more of an NFL fan, but I think I like game 7 of the NBA Finals better than the Super Bowl. It's like round 15 of an old school heavyweight fight. Am I crazy?

DJ88

This is required listening here. Don't know if it was posted yet, but it's a hilarious and very true segment during the Dan LeBatard radio show here in Miami about the dumb "fans" who left the game early last night. Even has one of those "fans" call in to the show to give his side of the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V4BHZ-n6wU

Sheesh I am a passionate Spurs fan who has been waiting six years and these jabroni Heat-baboons with 2010-time-stamped jerseys are bellyaching about "Heat-haters." Don't feel bad; as far as I'm concerned, anyone who is not a fan of the Spurs (or our colonies) are booger-eating, freedom-hating, cousin-fucking Taliban terrorist-rat who skins seals in the summertime. Alternatively, Neo-Nazis.

rando14

Sheesh I am a passionate Spurs fan who has been waiting six years and these jabroni Heat-baboons with 2010-time-stamped jerseys are bellyaching about "Heat-haters." Don't feel bad; as far as I'm concerned, anyone who is not a fan of the Spurs (or our colonies) are booger-eating, freedom-hating, cousin-fucking Taliban terrorist-rat who skins seals in the summertime. Alternatively, Neo-Nazis.

ibxxLigloLsjmz.gif

Fjordson

i can't watch tomorrow. too much for me especially after that collapse last night
Same. Think I'm going to go out with the wife for dinner or something.

And the game will be bad enough, but the trophy presentation...ugh. Can't do it, won't do it.

Darkman M

zmjfv8.gif

No, but anyone who hates them irrationally like this is. I especially love that people call them douchebags and bad guys, but they sacrificed money and play unselfish basketball. Haters are hating on the values they claim they treasure. It's delicious ironing. PEACE.

Wade and Shane Battier are smug douchebags. Thats just a fact. And Wade is dirty. Dislocated Rondo's arm, ran down Darren Collison and mugged him from behind last year, kicked Ramon Sessions in the groin this year. Mocked Dirk in 2011 Finals.

Eleuin

Stahp

Lkr

Might have to finally update your avatar tomorrow.

theoretically i should have had to last year but i am hanging on to that asterisk ring for the lockout. i have to have something to help me sleep at night, right? :(

i'm not mentally weak peter, my body just can't handle it. i don't like the spurs but i would rather see them win :\

linsivvi

You need a tag and don't get yourself banned because your posts are very entertaining.

Top Bottom