• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

PBY

Banned
The whole concept just seems foreign and ridiculous to me. Calling it irrational hate makes it sound like there's such a thing as rational hate.

It's sports guys, not a legal hearing.

^this I agree with
No, it´s not irrational, at all. There are valid arguments backing this hate... the arguments that almost the entire media from USA and the rest of the world are using since Lebron left Cleveland. I recognize that those arguments are powerful; Son of a beach, judas, traitor, glory hunter, is your mom going to Boston for Valentine's Day?.....ad infinitum. What do you expect? People say what they read and hear, even if it´s stupid and a nonsense. The hate on Lebron and Miami really deserves a sociological study.
^this is irrational though. Be real, those things are filtered through the prism that they are the best team- THATS why you hate them. Which is "irrational" but not any less than any other hate in sports. Just admit its because they're good.

Pounding the Rock ‏@poundingtherock 9m Referees tonight: Danny Crawford, Scott Foster, Monty McCutchen. Heat are currently 13-1 with Foster.

I still can't believe Pop left Ginobili in at the end of the game, especially considering he had committed 7 turnovers prior to the shitty pass that got intercepted by LeBron.

Tom Penny

I still can't believe Pop left Ginobili in at the end of the game, especially considering he had committed 7 turnovers prior to the shitty pass that got intercepted by LeBron.

Manu played arguably one of the worst playoff games I have ever seen. Never mind the Finals. I've never seen anyone not benched playing that laughably bad...hitting 1 FT would have made it irrelevant and he choked that too...he doomed the Spurs.

Game 7 yo.

I am hype to see the endgame here. I don't expect anything like Game 6, though. There's no way, right?

Honestly, I just think it comes down to which team can execute better. Both of the team's stars are clearly exhausted at this point, and thats when you start making mistakes. Stupid stuff like doubling on Chalmers to leave Miller wide open for 3. :/

Bishman

Pounding the Rock ‏@poundingtherock 9m Referees tonight: Danny Crawford, Scott Foster, Monty McCutchen. Heat are currently 13-1 with Foster.

Spurs are undefeated with Danny being the Head Referee and had the best Winning % with in the regular season. Danny is one ref who will override another ref on a call if it is bad as well.

Danny Crawford- Game 3
Foster- Game 4
McCutchen- Game 5

Two of the three were in games we won, and all three games weren't badly officiated.

Fjordson

Game 7 yo.

I am hype to see the endgame here. I don't expect anything like Game 6, though. There's no way, right?
Heat by 47.

Kidding. I honestly have no clue, though. And I won't be watching either way. Can't sit through a Heat victory if that were to happen.

Emwitus

So close. I even logged onto gaf ready to say goodbye miami-age...But noooo. Fuck this. I don't care who wins now. Congrats for the ring miami bunnies.

Honestly, I just think it comes down to which team can execute better. Both of the team's stars are clearly exhausted at this point, and thats when you start making mistakes. Stupid stuff like doubling on Chalmers to leave Miller wide open for 3. :/

Someone's winning by double digits.

That's what I'm thinking too. No horse in this race, but there's no way this is close. Spurs did everything to close it out, Heat did everything to stay alive.

If one starter is more tired than another, expect rain!

Heat by 47.

Kidding. I honestly have no clue, though. And I won't be watching either way. Can't sit through a Heat victory if that were to happen.

I'm in the same boat of not having a clue. I love playoff sports.

Heat-age's pre-game ritual is to eat 1000k calories of shit food where as mine has been to work out for a hour to an hour and a half. If for no other reason, the universe owes the Spurs the win because of that!

The Heat should because of high brow BS like this

So close. I even logged onto gaf ready to say goodbye miami-age...But noooo. Fuck this. I don't care who wins now. Congrats for the ring miami bunnies.

lmfao

your fraud ass will be the first to celebrate in our faces if the heat lose

Jag

http://m.miamiherald.com/mh/db_77197/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=n5Omg3F0

All of y'all need to read this. Lebatard wrote this for NBA Age

Quoted for truthiness:

The Heat and Spurs, champions both, played a breathtaking game of basketball Tuesday night, a masterpiece that will echo years beyond the throaty noise that it spawned. Hall of Famer Ray Allen hit the biggest shot of his career to erase two of the biggest shots of Hall of Famer Tony Parker’s career, but the conversation too immediately tilted somehow toward all the things the loser hadn’t done instead of all the things the winner had.

Tom Penny

That was Rays biggest shot or when he beat scrub Sasha Vuva whatever off the dribble to seal the deal coming back 24 points down in the 3rd in the finals against the Lakers.

Man I'm not even a Heat fan nor do I like most Heat players but the hatred they are getting right now makes me want them to 3 peat just so everyone can shut up.Whining about luck in the last game as if Parker's shot in game 1 wasn't one of the luckiest things ever to happen.

The Spurs did choke that game away though.

PBY

Banned
The Spurs did choke that game away though.
Just because something statistically improbable happened doesn't mean that it's the result of some mental weakness.

Heat hit crazy shots. The spurs didn't just fold psychologically, and to say they did just seems like your projecting your view of what happened to explain the improbable.

AirBrian

Tonight's game will be a blowout...either way. It won't be close.

Also, no more basketball after tonight. Only 3 games left of Stanley Cup, and then only f'n baseball until preseason NFL. Dark times for the next couple of months.

I could've called in sick to watch game 7 instead I'm throwing a Miami Heat themed party at work for a coworker since its her birthday. How's that for karma????

Miami is going to relentlessly drive to the basket and shoot free throws on their way to another ring. Everyone knows this.

I'm expecting those LeBron no calls(some were clean but some were fouls) to be called automatic tonight

That's not what will kill them

I've got a feeling Battier is gonna hit 2+ threes, Mike hit 3+ threes and Ray will hit like 5

Wade will show up

Spurs need to keep up or they will get blown out

Hope green shows up or this "record" is all for nothing

I'm not sure if the Spurs choked or not. There were some questionable decisions, but Miami hit a lot of bullshit threes. Mike Miller's shoeless three, Battier's three that he banked in, etc. I just think that it was a demoralizing loss. I'd like to see stats on the winning percentile of teams that are up by five with less than a minute remaining. I'm willing to be it is higher than 85%.

PBY

Banned
I'm not sure if the Spurs choked or not. There were some questionable decisions, but Miami hit a lot of bullshit threes. Mike Miller's shoeless three, Battier's three that he banked in, etc. I just think that it was a demoralizing loss. I'd like to see stats on the winning percentile of teams that are up by five with less than a minute remaining. I'm willing to be it is higher than 85%.
98.5% I think the number was.

I pick spurs. For some reason I think duncan is going to have another fabulous game. He is the one play that I expect to keep his cool after that loss.

I think It's going to be a blowout.

I can't see anyone recovering from that. Choke or not, they just had a chip ripped from their hands. Manu look like he was gonan cut himself and outside of some lucky shots Parker has been pretty bad lately. Timmy gave it his all and they wasted it..and as expected the role players are nowhere to be found on the road especially Green since.

i expect Miami to come out, get hot, and then style. The Heat are the best team with a lead because the ammount of error you then have is small as shit. TO lead to fastbreak alley opps fest, which gets them going.

Game 6 was the Spurs Game 7. They blew it.

JohnsonUT

Spurs just need to look at what the warriors did in game 1 and game 2. Warriors blew a far bigger lead and came back totally locked in. I think Parker needs to have one of his efficient 30 point games tonight and Manu has to score about 12 with less than 3 turnovers. If those two can do that, everyone else will play well enough to win.

Spurs just need to look at what the warriors did in game 1 and game 2. Warriors blew a far bigger lead and came back totally locked in. I think Parker needs to have one of his 30 point games tonight and Manu has to score about 12 with less than 3 turnovers. If those two can do that, everyone else will play well enough to win.
Not that I think that the Spurs won't recover and be ready. They will.

but you didn't just compare losing game 1 on the road of the second round to losing a series clinching game 6 on the road of the finals where the yellow tape was being deployed and the trophy being carried out and up 5 with less than 30 seconds remaining.

Tom Penny

It was a choke and will cost them the title and Manu is the MVP of it all.

JohnsonUT

Not that I think that the Spurs won't recover and be ready. They will.

but you didn't just compare losing game 1 on the road of the second round to losing a series clinching game 6 on the road of the finals where the yellow tape was being deployed and the trophy being carried out and up 5 with less than 30 seconds remaining.

I don't disagree that it is different. But, I also don't think it is an insurmountable mental hurdle. They blew it no doubt. But in sports, it is rare to have a second chance.

Personally, I hope the series continues to be so unpredictable. Bonner comes in and hits five 3s!

i'm not even a fan of the spurs and i was sick to my stomach for all of yesterday over that game.

that was their chance and now the Heat have this IMO. I think they should be more of a favorite this game moreso then they were before the start of Game 6.

I really doubt/fear the younger players on the spurs are just going to wilt like a snowball in August..

Hope i'm wrong!

AirBrian

This is a Spurs team led by a coach and the big 3 who have suffered through a Derek Fisher shot with 0.4 seconds left and have T-Mac on their team, who scored 13 points in the last 30 seconds of a game against, that's right, the Spurs. If any team in the league can come back from Game 6, it's the Spurs (and this is coming from a Mavs' fan). The question is can the veterans/leaders of the team convince the younger and bench players that G6 never happened? And I think they can.

Top Bottom