• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Vahagn

exactly

gimme more hyperbole vag

What there is hyperbole?

And don't quote "you don't think the mind exists" because that's meant to be hyperbole...so if that's what you're grasping at, well, way to miss the entire point of the post because you mistakenly misidentified purposeful hyperbole used as a shit talkin mechanism for me being literal.

I explain the issue anyway - Peter has no problem projecting his ideas onto us and acting as if he understands our subconscious thoughts and motivations but gets his panties in a bunch when someone does the same for basketball players.

I think I illustrated that contradiction pretty damn clearly.

AirBrian

I honestly didn't think that is a foul and not cause I'm a raging Heat homer, but maybe I don't know the rules

to me it looks like bosh gets all ball and danny green was already falling away on his shot

I mean Bosh gave green zero room to get his shot off and I think green saw it. I don't think the refs would reward that with 3 shots in any circumstance but what do I know!

His lower body hits Green well before he releases. It's clearly a foul.

But just like Manu's 18 steps, that's not going to get called either in the waning seconds.

DJ88

Had to help the team move 6 boxes of Dom Perignon to one of their rooms today at work.

They sounded pretty sure of themselves. Made me pretty pissed off, hope the Heat crush them tonight.

Had to help the team move 6 boxes of Dom Perignon to one of their rooms today at work.

They sounded pretty sure of themselves. Made me pretty pissed off, hope the Heat crush them tonight.

For the sake of clarity, this was the Spurs you're talking about?

Bread

Banned
you're not going to get that call at the end of the game in the Finals. If that was the heat they wouldn't and shouldn't get the call either.
uhhhh why not? You're allowed to run into a shooter and effect his shot because it's the end of the game in the finals? I hate this "swallow your whistle because it's crunch time" mentality.

uhhhh why not? You're allowed to run into a shooter and effect his shot because it's the end of the game in the finals? I hate this "swallow your whistle because it's crunch time" mentality.

It might not be right but it's been the case for as long as i've watched it. They'll usually only call stuff if it's so blatantly obvious or extremely severe.

I've just gotten use to it over time i guess. Maybe i shouldn't. I think i started to accept it back when i was rooting against the bulls and Jordan pushed off of Russell (so obvious) and they didnt call it.

Damn that great team that was seconds away from winning despite a lot of miscues and bad three point shooting luck thinking they're going to win tonight.

Vestal

If he has a monster game tonight maybe, but he has been underwhelming this series on average. I hope Green goes for 20+, leads the Spurs to a victory and holds that Finals MVP trophy.

How do you win finals MVP when in a clinching game were all they needed was you going 2 for 8 you go 1 for 8 and have an APB for your whereabouts?

How do you win finals MVP when in a clinching game were all they needed was you going 2 for 8 you go 1 for 8 and have an APB for your whereabouts?

If The Spurs won he'd be much more deserving than the guy on the losing team who underperformed and couldn't even maintain his regular season averages. Danny is playing the best ball he has all season.

Vestal

You got some kind of irrational hate for Danny Green going on. What did he ever to do you besides work hard and stay humble?

Its not irrational hate.. Its common sense. I respect the guys shooting ability however I am not blind to see that never in the history of the NBA has a player who cannot create his own shot, does not have control of the ball for the most part in a game has won an NBA Finals MVP..

Talk of him being MVP of the Finals is what pisses me off.. If the Spurs had won in Game 6, Tim Duncan was the clear cut MVP of the finals....

Vestal

If The Spurs won he'd be much more deserving than the guy on the losing team who underperformed and couldn't even maintain his regular season averages. Danny is playing the best ball he has all season.

If the Heat lose there is no way in hell Lebron should get MVP.. I don't think anyone here is advocating such a ridiculous thing.

why?

boshblock.gif

Blatant foul and so was Manu's drive. I still haven't seen a gif of that. I'm sure he traveled but I want to confirm he wasn't hit before taking extra steps.

Two terrible, blatant missed calls to end game 6 of the Finals that are forgotten due to Pop's coaching meltdown.

What there is hyperbole?

And don't quote "you don't think the mind exists" because that's meant to be hyperbole...so if that's what you're grasping at, well, way to miss the entire point of the post because you mistakenly misidentified purposeful hyperbole used as a shit talkin mechanism for me being literal.

I explain the issue anyway - Peter has no problem projecting his ideas onto us and acting as if he understands our subconscious thoughts and motivations but gets his panties in a bunch when someone does the same for basketball players.

I think I illustrated that contradiction pretty damn clearly.

For all the undeserved shit Vag gets here he's far more intelligent and well-spoken than virtually every Heat fan on the forum.

If the Heat lose there is no way in hell Lebron should get MVP.. I don't think anyone here is advocating such a ridiculous thing.

That's exactly what we were discussing when you quoted me.

Blatant foul and so was Manu's drive. I still haven't seen a gif of that. I'm sure he traveled but I want to confirm he wasn't hit before taking extra steps.

Two terrible, blatant missed calls to end game 6 of the Finals that are forgotten due to Pop's coaching meltdown.

Manu was fouled prior to and during his travel. Should a been a foul regardless, that was potentially a 4 point swing since they had to foul Ray.

If you're cheering for the Good Timeline, let us pray to Nike, Goddess of Victory, and Hector, Defender of Virtue, to bless our beloved Black n Silver.

P.S. cHeateros, stop eating Popeyes. That shit is bad for you

I'm already getting visions of Spurs daggers tomorrow

I need to sleep

everyone is ripping popovich right now

this is the time when pop reveals his final form

i'm shook myself

I fear a giant letdown for Miami

I hope they forget game 6 ever existed. Don't let the Spurs come out with the first hits

I love these fake, reverse psychology-type posts. Please, you know they're going to win by 20 tonight. Stop pretending to be scared. It's transparent and embarrassing.

Funny it all comes down to this. It all rests on the officials. It appears we will see who they want to win tonight. What ever happens an * next to Miami for the non calls at the end of game 6. Spurs had it and got robbed.

My bet is Stern wants Lebron to win. Watch the free throws tonight If SA jumps out to an early lead you can expect free throws to favor Miami 44/17

Watch!

Sonnen was on Jim Rome and called LeBron James a dork, which ended up with Jimmy Kimmel doing a monologue joke about it where he totally botched the pronunciation of Sonnen’s name. Sonnen was asked by Jeremy Botter of Bleacher Report why he said that about Jones. He said, “His name being brought up prompted it. He makes Urkel look cool. I would have liked to call him a twat, but they changed subjects. Let me tell you a story about LeBron. He asked the UFC for tickets for my fight against Anderson Silva. We sit the guy in the front row, and all through the night he snubs our fans. He’s a guest in our house and he refuses to sign any autographs or take any pictures unless your cup size was later in the alphabet than he was able to learn. And from what I understand, he thinks the letter purple comes after C. This guy walked up to my fiancee backstage and asks her if there’s a Tic Tac in her blouse or his she was just happy to see him. I had a UFC employee tell me he saw a mother wheel her handicapped child up to him to get a picture. LeBron was walking towards them. When he reached the kid, the mother stopped the wheelchair. LeBron took the wheelchair, wheeled it out of the way and kept walking. I’d like to slap the divots right off his face.” Sonnen said, “The next time I see him he will shake that little boy’s hand, even if I have to break his arm off and take it to the boy."

No Heat fan is scared.

Remember, the Heat are the favorite. Don't let them believe they're underdogs who came from behind and shocked a legit contender.

The Spurs would be pulling off an upset if they won tonight, just like it would've been on Tuesday.

Let me tell you a story about LeBron. He asked the UFC for tickets for my fight against Anderson Silva. We sit the guy in the front row, and all through the night he snubs our fans. He’s a guest in our house and he refuses to sign any autographs or take any pictures unless your cup size was later in the alphabet than he was able to learn. And from what I understand, he thinks the letter purple comes after C. This guy walked up to my fiancee backstage and asks her if there’s a Tic Tac in her blouse or his she was just happy to see him. I had a UFC employee tell me he saw a mother wheel her handicapped child up to him to get a picture. LeBron was walking towards them. When he reached the kid, the mother stopped the wheelchair. LeBron took the wheelchair, wheeled it out of the way and kept walking. I’d like to slap the divots right off his face.” Sonnen said, “The next time I see him he will shake that little boy’s hand, even if I have to break his arm off and take it to the boy."

Two things I learned form this:

Sonnen is the best shit talker in sports

LeBron is LeBron

For all the undeserved shit Vag gets here he's far more intelligent and well-spoken than virtually every Heat fan on the forum.

And everybody here is a better poster than you in every way

The only thing you're good at is bitching about other people and threatening to quit and while saying you don't care what we think

BadAss2961

I'm fine with the no-call on the Bosh block, but Manu was obviously fouled on that last drive. Any regular point in the middle of a game, that's an easy foul.

B/R: You versus LeBron James at UFC 200. Who wins the fight, and how?

CS: He’d run away faster than his hairline. His hair went North, his talents went South, and his mother went West.

lmao

And everybody here is a better poster than you in every way

The only thing you're good at is bitching about other people and threatening to quit and while saying you don't care what we think

You can barely even type a coherent sentence. You're an awful, insufferable member of "bestgaf".

Durr "I'm scared da Spurs are gna go off tonight, Pop's final form, dagger, cray, doe". Shut up, you fake ass clown.

Top Bottom