• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

duxstar

As a heat fan Im praying to god that loss demoralized the spurs

Cause realistically theres No way anyone can play as bad as Manu did that game, Parker was fucking terrible (6 - 23 i think?), and Popivich coached the worst game of his life.

and it still took to Overtime and a couple of Lucky ass bounces to get the win,

On the other hand

The spurs looked fucking dead out there, Parker might be hurting more than he's letting on, Danny Green is no where to be found, and outside of Tim Duncan the Spurs can't put Splitter in for more than 3 minutes at a time.

It's funny how some of you don't see why the heat are hated so much I can tell you why:

Lebron literally crying like a baby after every no call and pouting

Team that literally has like 3 of the top 15 NBA players that TAKES games off, showing that Talent beats "hard work"; whether thats a reality or not the American way is Hard work beats Talent and thats what we as Americans WANT to believe.

The Decision - The whole mess of "LOL we just screwed the NBA over through some crazy loophole and got 3 awesome players on the same team so we're guaranteed 7 championships"

Being rammed down our throat how they are the best team ever - Go look at articles from the regular season, guess why people hate Tim Tebow? CAUSE WE HEAR HOW AWESOME HE IS ALL THE TIME.

Lebron James is pretty much 90% of the reason people hate the heat, who the fuck names themselves the king, who the fuck is considered the greatest of all time and wants to DEFER to another all star. You can say whatever you want about how Jordan had Pippin, and Rodman or whatever, but Jordan never LEFT Chicago to go to New York and have him, Ewing, and John Stockton all on the same team; it's literally a bitch move and not what we expect from greatness.

Flopping
Birdman - Gotta admit he's a pretty polarizing character
Dewayne Wade with his Theatrics
Chris Bosh being 7'1 and an outside shooter afraid to go inside

Unfortunately I have class till 9:30 tonight, maybe it'll stay close till i get home, at least I dont have time to get "upset/angry" like the other night, I really shouldn't post after a team i like loses =[

This is a Spurs team led by a coach and the big 3 who have suffered through a Derek Fisher shot with 0.4 seconds left and have T-Mac on their team, who scored 13 points in the last 30 seconds of a game against, that's right, the Spurs. If any team in the league can come back from Game 6, it's the Spurs (and this is coming from a Mavs' fan). The question is can the veterans/leaders of the team convince the younger and bench players that G6 never happened? And I think they can.

Over the last two days I've become more confident that the Spurs can at least compete tonight and maybe win.

However, bringing up the Fisher 0.4 shot reminds me of just how bad the Spurs looked in Game 6 of that series. Complete dead men walking out there, the result feeling inevitable. I hope Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili use that experience as fuel to combat the mental anguish and fatigue they must be feeling.

I think there will be a lot of issues if the Heat go up big early in the game. I think if can make it through the first quarter, we should be fine.

Agreed. The first quarter of this game is the most important. If the Spurs miss shots early and/or turn the ball over, the crowd is going to go ballistic and things could spiral. If the score is close (or better yet the Spurs have a decent lead) hopefully the crowd will tighten up.

duxstar

I could totally go with new arguments

Like the only 3 fans I can think of are
Justin Beiber
Floyd Mayweather
David Beckham

None of them are likeable characters

or how about the Heat fans who gave up on there team during Game 6, and turned on Bosh??? Such classy fans there. Including some posters on here.

Or we could go with how pretty much everyone in the free world hates Pat Riley for some reason, even before he took over the Heat.

It's funny how some of you don't see why the heat are hated so much I can tell you why:

Lebron literally crying like a baby after every no call and pouting

Team that literally has like 3 of the top 15 NBA players that TAKES games off, showing that Talent beats "hard work"; whether thats a reality or not the American way is Hard work beats Talent and thats what we as Americans WANT to believe.

The Decision - The whole mess of "LOL we just screwed the NBA over through some crazy loophole and got 3 awesome players on the same team so we're guaranteed 7 championships"

Being rammed down our throat how they are the best team ever - Go look at articles from the regular season, guess why people hate Tim Tebow? CAUSE WE HEAR HOW AWESOME HE IS ALL THE TIME.

Lebron James is pretty much 90% of the reason people hate the heat, who the fuck names themselves the king, who the fuck is considered the greatest of all time and wants to DEFER to another all star. You can say whatever you want about how Jordan had Pippin, and Rodman or whatever, but Jordan never LEFT Chicago to go to New York and have him, Ewing, and John Stockton all on the same team; it's literally a bitch move and not what we expect from greatness.

Flopping

Wow, you nailed it for me. Are you really a Heat fan?

I think there will be a lot of issues if the Heat go up big early in the game. I think if can make it through the first quarter, we should be fine.
Spurs might come out firing and all cylinders and I hope not because the Heat will be looking to style from the get go. they're gonna be trying stupid alley oop plays that Chalmers will botch with his terrible lob passes to hype the crowd.

can someone give me a serious non sarcastic answer about TMAC. I dont watch NBA until the playoffs so i honestly dont know.

why isn't he playing? In the garbage time i've seen him play he looked fine and fluid. Is he really that bad? why are people like bonner playing some minutes but not TMAC?

Like i said this is a serious question, because i really dont know.

PBY

Banned
I am torn between whether the Heat will assume the Spurs are shook and go into front runner mode or go into cruise control mode.
You know what's convenient?

Neither will likely happen, but you will take the result and project one of those onto it.

PBY

Banned
I could totally go with new arguments

Like the only 3 fans I can think of are
Justin Beiber
Floyd Mayweather
David Beckham

None of them are likeable characters

or how about the Heat fans who gave up on there team during Game 6, and turned on Bosh??? Such classy fans there. Including some posters on here.

Or we could go with how pretty much everyone in the free world hates Pat Riley for some reason, even before he took over the Heat.
Man your views are so petty.

I am pretty sure the worst thing ever would be to be the first to lose game 7 at home in this format and to have game 6 be completely wiped out in any historical relevance

Last year the finals were still close but the 2nd quarter is where Miami broke away

PBY

Banned
As a Heat fan though, do you not see where some of the hate comes from? What that duxstar has mentioned is untrue (I haven't read all of those two posts)?
It all boils down to them being good and getting media attention. The other stuff is just superfluous fluff.

LOl @ these clowns talking about logic in sports. Sports fandom is inherently irrational, but there some agreed upon 'rules' that if you fail to follow make you a punk.

Born and raised in Sacramento? You're a Kings fan otherwise you're a punk. Cheering for more than 1 team? Punk. Leave Utah to work in New York and 'become' a Knicks fan? Punk. A Cavs fan til Bron left and now a Heat fan? Punk. Bulls fan til 98, laker fan thereafter? Punk.

There are also these 'rules' for players that are little more gray area but how Bron left Cleveland will make him a bitch to tons of fans. It is what it is and to try to bring logic into sports fandom at that point makes you look like you're applying face paint.

Well, he was the key player in the games to break the 1-1 and 2-2 series ties (games 3 and 5). Why not 3-3 and game 7 as well?
why?

boshblock.gif

PBY

Banned
LOl @ these clowns talking about logic in sports. Sports fandom is inherently irrational, but there some agreed upon 'rules' that if you fail to follow make you a punk.

Born and raised in Sacramento? You're a Kings fan otherwise you're a punk. Cheering for more than 1 team? Punk. Leave Utah to work in New York and 'become' a Knicks fan? Punk. A Cavs fan til Bron left and now a Heat fan? Punk. Bulls fan til 98, laker fan thereafter? Punk.

There are also these 'rules' for players that are little more gray area but how Bron left Cleveland will make him a bitch to tons of fans. It is what it is and to try to bring logic into sports fandom at that point makes you look like you're applying face paint.
SHOTS FIRED

It all boils down to them being good and getting media attention. The other stuff is just superfluous fluff.

Maybe, but I always rooted for Lebron until The Decision. That whole scene (ESPN deserves plenty of the blame here) was just gross and made me want the guy to lose. I don't feel like that is petty, none of this shit really matter in the big picture anyway.

I feel like I'm the only person I know from CenCal that liked the Lakers when the bulls were on top then everyone switched over and the fanbase became unbearable.

Wouldn't that normally be a foul? Bosh threw his body into him and didn't go straight up.

AirBrian

Wouldn't that normally be a foul? Bosh threw his body into him and didn't go straight up.

If it's not the last play of a title-clinching game, it's a foul. That said, anyone who watches the NBA knows that isn't going to be called just like a holding call won't be called in the final minutes of an NFL playoff game.

If it's not the last play of a title-clinching game, it's a foul. That said, anyone who watches the NBA knows that isn't going to be called just like a holding call won't be called in the final minutes of an NFL playoff game.

I hate that arguement for that particular play because best case for the Spurs is that Danny Green would have to hit 3 free throws just to send it to double overtime. :/

I honestly didn't think that is a foul and not cause I'm a raging Heat homer, but maybe I don't know the rules

to me it looks like bosh gets all ball and danny green was already falling away on his shot

I mean Bosh gave green zero room to get his shot off and I think green saw it. I don't think the refs would reward that with 3 shots in any circumstance but what do I know!

Vahagn

You know Peter,

For a guy who doesn't think the mind exists, what with the "you're just projecting" accusations anytime any one makes a point about the mental aspect of basketball I.e. bball IQ, clutch, choking, being tentative etc. you sure are quite the psychologist...having figured out the subconscious and dormant reasons why we all hate the HEAT and letting us all know we're in denial.

"you only hate them because they're successful...I have you all figured out!"

"oh what's that? You think you understand why Lebron does what he does? PROJECTING"

Tom Penny

So you're saying it's wack to be a Lakers and Celtics fan...

Bread

Banned
I honestly didn't think that is a foul and not cause I'm a raging Heat homer, but maybe I don't know the rules

to me it looks like bosh gets all ball and danny green was already falling away on his shot

I mean Bosh gave green zero room to get his shot off and I think green saw it. I don't think the refs would reward that with 3 shots in any circumstance but what do I know!
it looks to me like he made contact with green's body before making contact with the ball

You know Peter,

For a guy who doesn't think the mind exists, what with the "you're just projecting" accusations anytime any one makes a point about the mental aspect of basketball I.e. bball IQ, clutch, choking, being tentative etc. you sure are quite the psychologist...having figured out the subconscious and dormant reasons why we all hate the HEAT and letting us all know we're in denial.

"you only hate them because they're successful...I have you all figured out!"

"oh what's that? You think you understand why Lebron does what he does? PROJECTING"

wow

except that is not what peter said especially in the context which you present it in

vag, where amazing happens

Flopping

Unfortunately I have class till 9:30 tonight, maybe it'll stay close till i get home, at least I dont have time to get "upset/angry" like the other night, I really shouldn't post after a team i like loses =[
Bron is a flopper and whines too much but the true heels of the ball team are Battier and Wade. Bron isnt a dirty player, those guys are.

it looks to me like he made contact with green's body before making contact with the ball

You're also supposed to give enough room for the shooter to land which Green probablyw oudln't have have had, but its hard to tell since they are both moving at an angle

Top Bottom