• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Vahagn

If by some miracle TD and the Spurs win this series than Timmy is most definitely higher than Kobe and its not debatable.

He gets Finals MVP, sure. He doesn't. I disagree.

Timmy hasn't even been the best PF in the league for the last 5-6 years. Either Pau, KG, or Dirk have been it since 2008. This is the first year.

Kobe's been the best SG in the league for like ever now. The vast majority of the last 10 years. On top of that, since Kobe hit his prime in 2005-2006...you prepared to say there's any year (except maybe this one) where TD was better than Kobe?

So TD was better early. Kobe's been better almost all of the last 7-8 years. That makes it debatable.

Plus if Chips and Finals Appearances are the measure of success than Kobe's been better individually and as a team since the 2005-2006 season. There's really only a 5-6 year window where Timmy was better than Kobe. And Kobe had to play with Prime Shaq...so you can't really know how good he would have been as the option 1a instead of option 1b in the early years.

They're close...but it's still up for debate.

Still think Heat in 7. Miami won't shoot as well for most of the game next time, but Lebron won't look like a bitch while Bosh loses his mind either

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
He gets Finals MVP, sure. He doesn't. I disagree.

Timmy hasn't even been the best PF in the league for the last 5-6 years. Either Pau, KG, or Dirk have been it since 2008. This is the first year.

Kobe's been the best SG in the league for like ever now. The vast majority of the last 10 years. On top of that, since Kobe hit his prime in 2005-2006...you prepared to say there's any year (except maybe this one) where TD was better than Kobe?

So TD was better early. Kobe's been better almost all of the last 7-8 years. That makes it debatable.

Finals MVPs? But Duncan has more Finals MVPs than Kobe...

It's hard for me to take Duncan over Shaq when Shaq outplayed him continually.

People seem to forget Shaq's Orlando days, too. And Duncan has had some poor performances the last few years. And Shaq never lost in the 1st round with HCA.

Duncan's post skill is second only to Hakeem. Shaq had solid footwork, but got by on power. He could not shoot a jump shot if his life depended on it. Timmy was a much better all around player getting bullied by the strongest player to ever play the game. I liked Orlando Shaq Better though. He was so fun to watch!

He doesn't go from top 8 to top 5 because he won one Finals game on the back of Tony Parker.

That's just prisoner of the moment stuff. And if he wins the chip this year, and this game is any indication, Tony is getting his second Finals MVP.

TD is amazing...just, let's get back to reality
Vag is probably mean muggin every post, looking to lash out at anyone that speaks too highly of Duncan.

I think an underrated story is that Manu didn't shit the bed except for that horrible 3 point shot in the 4th. Like, he made lay ups and 3 pointers.

trixx

I don't understand how people compare players that are not even remotely similar in terms of they they play the game

MPW

spurs take game 2?

stern.jpg

6-10 gets murky. I'm not sure I put Shaq or Hakeem over Wilt. Many interchangeable players.

Ehh, Shaq and Hakeem are a good bit above Wilt. Wilt got traded in his prime twice with little effect to either team in the short-run. I have LeBron above Shaq and Hakeem though because LeBron's the best regular season player ever whereas Shaq and Hakeem didn't go as hard in the regular season, but who knows if he doesn't play well in this series...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Why does prime matter so much. Longevity is just as important. Let's say a guy played 2 years and in those 2 years he avged 40 points a game and had the 2 best seasons of all time. That guy is not the best ever.

It's not like Shaq didn't win a chip in his declining years
And yes your peak matters look at Bird

Duncan's post skill is second only to Hakeem. Shaq had solid footwork, but got by on power. He could not shoot a jump shot if his life depended on it. Timmy was a much better all around player getting bullied by the strongest player to ever play the game. I liked Orlando Shaq Better though. He was so fun to watch!
prime shaq has a fucking monster. I mean his stats before snaq were just other wordly. His game wasn't the prettiest but it didn't matter at all because you had no chance of stopping him.

J2 Cool

I thought one of the worst coaching moves of the night was when the Heat were surging in the 2nd quarter, went up 9, and took Lebron out as Tim Duncan came back in. 6 point swing almost immediately with Duncan blocking a shot, and scoring a couple baskets. Hearing Magic saying the way the Heat win is with a knockout, took me back to that moment when they had a chance to really put the pressure on.

Vahagn

Finals MVPs? But Duncan has more Finals MVPs than Kobe...

That's true. But everyone on earth would be second fiddle to prime Shaq. If Duncan was on those LA teams, Shaq would still have 3 straight Finals MVP's.

Kobe's had 9 years alone to accomplish as much as Timmy has in 15 so that's not a fair comparison. In terms of Finals MVP's and Chips...he has (in the last 9 years I mean)

So Wade decided that he was going to split his four good quarters in a series in to two games. He'll beast for the 3rd & 4th of the next game.

Kellen

Heat fans, how do you guys view Bosh? Is he your version of Boozer like here in Chicago or does get the benefit of the doubt from you guys when he struggles.

As happy as I am about the Spurs winning, it's not over. Now, they need to focus on winning Game 2. Get the rest of that rust off, make three pointers, play some better defense, and prepare for an angry Heat team.

That's true. But everyone on earth would be second fiddle to prime Shaq. If Duncan was on those LA teams, Shaq would still have 3 straight Finals MVP's.

Kobe's had 9 years alone to accomplish as much as Timmy has in 15. And in terms of Finals MVP's and Chips...he has.

Kobe had more help. TD is better at defending than Kobe,he is a better all around player.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dunno who ends up winning this series but its a total treat to watch. Game 1 was amazing.

One of the greatest of all time going up against Lebron James. I hope Timmy prevails.

Top Bottom