• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

I have LeBron above Shaq and Hakeem though because LeBron's the best regular season player ever whereas Shaq and Hakeem didn't go as hard in the regular season, but who knows if he doesn't play well in this series...

There's only been one player who was Defensive Player of the Year, MVP, and Finals MVP all in the same season...

This player also is one of four to ever record a quadruple double during the regular season.

effzee

... and if Bosh is hell bent on taking the three then the other guys need to crash the boards. Not just watch the long rebounds go to SA. Was Haslem even playing tonight?

Those missed threes hurt but so did the disappearance of Wade, missed free throws, and boneheaded decision to leave both James and Wade on the bench at the same at the start of the 4th when all the momentum was swinging forward SA. James should have sat 2-3 minutes but that Wade should have been in.

Why didn't Joel Anthony play in the 2nd half?

Why is there refs talk already? I swear you guys are paranoid maniacs imagining shit. Game was called efficiently both ways.

I picked Spurs to win but why are people acting like the series is over with all this TD legacy talk? Talk about over reactions to 1 game.

Rather poor time for 2k to unveil this:

296206_10152921605230305_1547466006_n.jpg

They told me I could be anything I wanted, so I became a God

He gets Finals MVP, sure. He doesn't. I disagree.

Timmy hasn't even been the best PF in the league for the last 5-6 years. Either Pau, KG, or Dirk have been it since 2008. This is the first year.

Kobe's been the best SG in the league for like ever now. The vast majority of the last 10 years. On top of that, since Kobe hit his prime in 2005-2006...you prepared to say there's any year (except maybe this one) where TD was better than Kobe?

So TD was better early. Kobe's been better almost all of the last 7-8 years. That makes it debatable.

Plus if Chips and Finals Appearances are the measure of success than Kobe's been better individually and as a team since the 2005-2006 season. There's really only a 5-6 year window where Timmy was better than Kobe. And Kobe had to play with Prime Shaq...so you can't really know how good he would have been as the option 1a instead of option 1b in the early years.

They're close...but it's still up for debate.

ALl TD has to do is show up in this series and if his team wins he is better than Kobe. Sorry but it's true. Kobe won 3 chips with Shaq and didn't exactly show up in the elimination game vs Boston. Timmy wins this and plays well he's greater.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
In 34 games all time versus the Lakers in the playoffs, Tim Duncan scored less than 20 points... 9 times. He scored above 30... 9 times. Less than 10 rebounds... 9 times. Above 15 rebounds... 11 times.

That's nuts.

Kobe scored 30 points against the Spurs in the playoffs? 11 times.

Mamba makes this sound so clear cut.

I didn't know Kobe guarded Duncan and vice-versa.

Well, both Kobe and Shaq outplayed him, regardless. :p

Lebron played more than 41 min every Finals game last year.

It's also the least he's played this playoffs since Milwaukee that wasn't a blowout game.

I still don't understand why Lebron sat so long in the 4th. I really think it cost them the game.

In 34 games versus the Lakers in the playoffs, Tim Duncan scored less than 20 points... 9 times. He scored above 30... 9 times. Less than 10 rebounds... 9 times. Above 15 rebounds... 11 times.

That's nuts.

hey, I said since 2000. And stats alone are misleading. Lakers destroyed the fuck out of the Spurs in some of those.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I don't think Spurs even played that well. They didn't hit their 3s

The Heat didn't play that well either. Their defense wasn't that great, Spurs were just missing open shots. The Heat (Lebron) was not agressive anywhere near enough. Lebron and Bosh both too way too many 3s. etc.

reilo

Well, both Kobe and Shaq outplayed him, regardless. :p

?

In 34 games all time versus the Lakers in the playoffs, Tim Duncan scored less than 20 points... 9 times. He scored above 30... 9 times. Less than 10 rebounds... 9 times. Above 15 rebounds... 11 times.

That's nuts.

The Heat didn't play that well either. Their defense wasn't that great, Spurs were just missing open shots. The Heat (Lebron) was not agressive anywhere near enough. Lebron and Bosh both too way too many 3s. etc.

I think heat were playing better and with more intensity. Spurs will not miss most of those 3's while heat have been off these playoffs with the 3 ball.

Vahagn

It's like when Kobe was in the Finals 3 years in a row and Barkley said he's top 5.

Prisoner of the moment. When their careers are done we'll analyze it and know.

Just like Bird vs. Magic. Most people thought they were equal, or one was better than the other while they were playing. When it was done, everyone except apparently IWMTB thinks Magic>Bird.

heat were doing fine until midway through the 4th when the spurs ramped up their defense and chalmers started bricking shit off the side of the backboard

reilo

In 30 games versus the Spurs, Shaq scored less than 20 points... 10 times. Above 30 points? 4 times.

Yeah, go home Mamba, you're drunk.

It's like when Kobe was in the Finals 3 years in a row and Barkley said he's top 5.

Prisoner of the moment. When their careers are done we'll analyze it and know.

Just like Bird vs. Magic. Most people thought they were equal, or one was better than the other while they were playing. When it was done, everyone except apparently IWMTB thinks Magic>Bird.

Prisoner of the moment? Please. This is Tim Duncan we're talking about. He's already proven himself over his career. Right now he's just adding cherries.

Batman

Banned
This place has gone nuts. Duncan top 5, wtf.

Yes Duncan top 5, if he wins a ring this year and the MVP in the finals he passes Wilt. If he doesn't retire after this year and comes back next year and gets ring number 6 then he goes top 3 behind Jordan and Jabbar.

Vahagn

I love that people act like Kobe playing alongside Shaq means nothing for him. Then they want to act like he's been playing for 17 seasons.

You can't have it both ways. If you don't want to give him the Shaq years accomplishments, than realize he's accomplished in 9 seasons more than Lebron has, more than almost anyone in history did in 9 seasons.

And he spent 3 of those 9 seasons on a lottery level bad team he dragged to the playoffs.

benjipwns

Banned
Everybody's forgetting to include Andre Drummond in their top five, so that probably moves Duncan out of the top five alone.

iamshadowlark said:
Duncan doesn't and has never had hibberts size. Seeing old man Duncan rotate over to help is a fucking greenlight if I've ever seen one vs Hibbert who 7 or 8 times out of ten can reach wherever your going.

Duncan is a great man defender against traditional bigs but he will get ate the fuck alive if he's pulled anywhere outside 10 ft. We got fucking Lebron driving to the hole if you haven't noticed.

Pimpwerx said:
I'm not even pretending to be casual about this. I've been saying it. Norris Cole has repeatedly shit in Parker's mouth all season, when on court together. There have been some matchups that Cole has appeared to relish. Barea and Parker were the two I noticed this season. I don't think people should take this lightly. I don't think Spo has missed this. PEACE.

Heat nation yall

Fuck 2k

If you pre-order you get the KING JAMES BONUS PACK*

*Extra content for Path to Greatness Mode
*LeBron James Unlocked in Blacktop Mode
*LeBron James Signature Skill
*10,000 virtual currency

the fuck is that

Slurmer

Banned
I think heat were playing better and with more intensity. Spurs will not miss most of those 3's while heat have been off these playoffs with the 3 ball.
I agree with this. Heat need to realize this isn't some scrubby pacers team that will turn the ball over to them 20 times and kill themselves with stupid play and players. Close games always seem to favor the spurs...they just have that kind of discipline and the best coach in the league.

reilo

The Spurs were rusty going in this and Lebron had a triple double. Heat fans should be worried.

He had a triple double, but it wasn't what the heat needed at all from him. The Heat and especially LeBron were terrible at getting to the foul line. I won't be surprised if the Spurs win in 5, but this series will be one of the closest score wise in each game.

Top Bottom