• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Vahagn

KOBE'S FIRST TWO YEARS DON'T COUNT.

You're full of shit either way.

Playoffs head-to-head, all time.

Tim Duncan versus Lakers: http://bkref.com/tiny/0AB6P

Kobe Bryant versus Spurs: http://bkref.com/tiny/GXK1t

Shaquille O'Neal versus Spurs: http://bkref.com/tiny/ehevN

Man, Duncan got totally outplayed. Clear cut. Let's all pack it up.

Tim Duncan as a first option out played Kobe as a second option. What do you know.

Why don't you pull up 2008 WCF stats one time for me buddy? When they were both the best players on their respective teams.

And like I said. You swap Timmy with Kobe. Timmy has to share the ball with Shaq. Kobe is #1 option in SA and he'll average 30 a game. This is silly.

Smokey

Rather poor time for 2k to unveil this:

296206_10152921605230305_1547466006_n.jpg

is this a troll by 2k

trixx

Kobe haters are one of a kind. I mean I not a huge fan of LeBron but if someone were to say that LeBron's game is better than Kobe I would completely agree with them.

Kobe haters won't even acknowledge that he's a great player I've heard people say Iverson is better than Kobe

Yo Kenny Smith getting heated on NBA.TV, was like "Heat thinking one guy can guard Tony Parker is a huge sign of disrespect" Dude had bass in his voice.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Tim Duncan as a first option out played Kobe as a second option. What do you know.

Why don't you pull up 2008 WCF stats one time for me buddy? When they were both the best players on their respective teams.

And like I said. You swap Timmy with Kobe. Timmy has to share the ball with Shaq. Kobe is #1 option in SA and he'll average 30 a game. This is silly.

Lots of IFs and BUTs.

Put a Kobe-tier guard next to Duncan, how many rings does that pair win? 10? 12? 15?

Tom Penny

The Spurs were rusty going in this and Lebron had a triple double. Heat fans should be worried.

He had a meaningless defer triple double flashback to game 6 against the Celtics that had him super teaming it up. Doubtful that happens again.

Babalu.

for anyone like me who cant stand abc's shitty post game coverage, head to NBA TV.

kenny, shaq, webber.

thank god i found this. did not know about it.

In 30 games versus the Spurs, Shaq scored less than 20 points... 10 times. Above 30 points? 4 times.

Yeah, go home Mamba, you're drunk.

It's obvious you didn't even read what I said. I specifically said stats are misleading. Lakers won 4 of the 5 series since 2000. It's nice Duncan scored a lot, but he took a lot of shots to get there in some of them. In the 3 series win since 2000, he had 6 games under 40% shooting. 6 out of 16 games. They were blown out in a bunch of games and Duncan also had games of 9, 10, and 15 points in his prime.

IIRC, I think Shaq only scored poorly once in a game they won.

Vahagn

Lots of IFs and BUTs.

Put a Kobe-tier guard next to Duncan, how many rings does that pair win? 10? 12? 15?

You mean for their whole career?

Put a Duncan-tier big next to Kobe how many rings does that pair win? The exact same amount dude, because they're the same tier lol.

You realize the silliness of what you said?

duxstar

Man you cannot hate Tony Parker man ...... such a cool guy, laid back, leader, smart, that was a pretty awesome piece right there

Spinluck

If LBJ continues to differ, and shies away from taking over, the Heat won't win. That terrible shit pass to Bosh for the 3 is what they want. If you wanna be great you gotta cease the fucking moment, and not let the results get to you. His triple double is a nice stat line to have, but a win would've been better. You're not a fucking support character LeBron, you're part of the main cast! I'm getting flashes of the Mav series, where they got outplayed and severely out coached. But tonight's game could've went either way, so I'm hoping these guys make a series out of it.

reilo

It's obvious you didn't even read what I said. I specifically said stats are misleading. Lakers won 4 of the 5 series since 2000. It's nice Duncan scored a lot, but he took a lot of shots to get there in some of them. In the 3 series win since 2000, he had 6 games under 40% shooting. 6 out of 16 games. They were blown out in a bunch of games and Duncan also had games of 9, 10, and 15 points in his prime.

IIRC, I think Shaq only scored poorly once in a game they won.

Uh-huh.

You mean for their whole career?

Put a Duncan-tier guard next to Kobe how many rings does that pair win? The exact same amount dude, because they're the same tier lol.

You realize the silliness of what you said?

I want to say that you're the shadowdork of Lakers-age, but that would be insulting to shadowdork. Duncan never played with anyone as good as Kobe. That's a fact.

That's a solid top 5.

After that, Hakeem and Shaq should be 6 and 7. So you have 3 slots left for top 10. Duncan and LeBron should be there.

No way in hell LeBron is top 10 yet.

Jordan, Russell, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, Hakeem, not necessarily in that order.

KOBE'S FIRST TWO YEARS DON'T COUNT.

You're full of shit either way.

Playoffs head-to-head, all time.

Tim Duncan versus Lakers: http://bkref.com/tiny/0AB6P

Kobe Bryant versus Spurs: http://bkref.com/tiny/GXK1t

Shaquille O'Neal versus Spurs: http://bkref.com/tiny/ehevN

Man, Duncan got totally outplayed. Clear cut. Let's all pack it up.

Shaq was far past his prime in his Phx days, come the fuck on man. Of course Duncan outplayed him then. If he didn't, he should be ashamed. When shaq and Duncan were both in their primes, Shaq ouplayed him. Period.

And comparing Kobe in a lockout year the first year he could start, lol.

reilo

Shaq was far past his prime in his Phx days, come the fuck on man. Of course Duncan outplayed him then. If he didn't, he should be ashamed. When shaq and Duncan were both in their primes, Shaq ouplayed him. Period.

And comparing Kobe in a lockout year the first year he could start, lol.

Trax level shit. Only January to March counts.

FYI, Duncan is older (or same age?) now than Shaq was during the Phoenix years.

TuXx

He had a triple double, but it wasn't what the heat needed at all from him. The Heat and especially LeBron were terrible at getting to the foul line. I won't be surprised if the Spurs win in 5, but this series will be one of the closest score wise in each game.

If the refs keep it clean, there shouldn't be that many foul calls. The Spurs aren't a physical team like The Pacers or Bulls.

If The heat are gonna win this, Lebron needs to be aggressive. He needs to stop his Magic Johnson impersonation.

Vahagn

Duncan hasn't been the best PF in the league since 2008. Not even close to the best player since then either.

Kobe's been legitimately better since he hit his prime in 2005-2006 in essentially every, if not every season till now.

Before that, he had to share the spotlight with Shaq. When Shaq was injured, he had 9 straight 40 point games.

It's like Magic's numbers early on when Kareem played, Vs. when he was injured. People need to realize this difference. As a number 1 option for the last 9 years. Kobe's been better, that's not debatable.

Lebron James said he was 50x better than 07 yet San Antonio kept him to 18 points, he had 14 points in Game 1 in 07. That is 1.2875 times better on scoring statistic.

reilo

Duncan hasn't been the best PF in the league since 2008. Not even close to the best player since then either.

Kobe's been legitimately better since he hit his prime in 2005-2006 in essentially every, if not every season till now.

Before that, he had to share the spotlight with Shaq. When Shaq was injured, he had 9 straight 40 point games.

It's like Magic's numbers early on when Kareem played, Vs. when he was injured. People need to realize this difference. As a number 1 option for the last 9 years. Kobe's been better, that's not debatable.

Uh-huh.

I think one thing that helps the Spurs compared to the Pacers is that Paul George had to play amazing both ways 40 minutes a game for Indiana to have a chance. Leonard can burn most of his energy on D and we still have TP and Timmy to generate offense. And Leonard's offense can be mostly spot up 3 pointers and and offensive boards

We are just starting to enjoy what could be one of the best Finals in a long time and it still turns into a "Kobe is better than *" argument?

Come the fuck on, people!

Top Bottom