• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

hey so let's jump into the off-season thread so you can explain how you think the mavs will be contenders next year so they can build teams your way

How about you jump on Lebron's dick like you've repeatedly done throughout this season? The Mavs kept your team from winning three straight and they won't win again next year. So live it up and keep on grinding.

How exactly would that put him past KAJ, and how is TD currently ahead of KAJ.

Because Kareem's prime had him having limited team success despite most of the players in the league being on cocaine and because he demanded a trade. Duncan is a reverse Kareem (Defense-first instead of offense-first) without the era and personality stuff. LeBron was much better than Kareem at carrying bad teams due to his ability to initiate offense.

And though I believe all of that stuff in this post, I could put any of the players 3-13 in almost any order, don't really believe in rankings between eras, and I'm just trying some Laker trolling to get over my glumness.

Vahagn

Because Kareem's prime had him having limited team success despite most of the players in the league being on cocaine and because he demanded a trade. Duncan is a reverse Kareem (Defense-first instead of offense-first) without the era and personality stuff. LeBron was much better than Kareem at carrying bad teams due to his ability to initiate offense.

And though I believe all of that stuff in this post, I could put any of the players 3-13 in almost any order, don't really believe in rankings between eras, and I'm just trying some Laker trolling to get over my glumness.

We all know you just looked at career advanced stats and set your ranking up that way, watching basketball games and counting titles is for suckers amirite?

charsace

I think the heat next season make it to the second round and lose. Lebron leaves because Wade and Bosh will be shot to shit by the time playoffs roll around next season.

IWMTB is right about the 80's. It was a weird time with a lot of guys being coked up as fuck.

People are seriously giving clowns like thiswreckage and heavy the time of day?

Are you shitting me? I'm loving the extreme salt. We've got everybody else being good sports and they're showing out to be the real clowns they really are

We know they're going to be back in full force again next year. Eventually, someday, they'll be right, but for right now, I'll enjoy this chip and I'll enjoy watching them try to whine their way to anybody but the Heat winning next year

Xellos

Been lurking this thread for a while. As a long time Spurs fan, this was a bitter loss. Glad they were able to compete though. They had a great shot at winning the series -- as close as it gets in game 6 and they had some chances late in game 7 too. Just couldn't quite seal the deal. Also I can't be too mad at Manu. Win or lose he's one of my favorite players. At least he was competing and trying to make something happen. He made some big plays to keep the Spurs in the game. Too bad that last play had to be a turnover, but oh well. Hope he comes back next year. I'd like to see one more year of the Duncan/Manu/Parker era.

Anyway, tonight belongs to the Heat. Congrats to them, they hit big shots, played great defense, and hustled throughout the series. Definitely earned their back-2-back championships.

When was the last time KG was legitimately dominant? He's looked old as hell the past two seasons and potentially going to LA next season won't change that. Dirk has 10+ all star appearances, an MVP, and a Finals MVP. He's one of 11 players to have that honor. Here's a hint: KG is NOT one of the other ten.

Are we talking about today, or all-time. KG > Dirk all time. You want to argue today, then that's different.

KG came in in 1995. I know it's hard to remember seeing as you weren't born yet, but those 3 also mean he's older. He's played 200 more games.

His numbers at 34 weren't worse than Dirk's this year. And it doesn't capture defense.

KG's entire career as a starter for Minnesota: 22-12-5-2-1.5. That's 11 seasons. KG was their only good player for all but like 1 season, too. On both sides of the ball. At over 39mpg. Dirk only reached 39mpg once.

dirk is amazing. But he was never KG good at their peaks. Dirk is younger so it seems like he's better, but he's not. Two of the last 3 seasons Dirk has been a better offensive player than KG at the same age, but mostly because KG gave up that reigns and went at it on defense even more.

This ain't a knock on Dirk. As I said, he's one of my all-time favorite players and I like him more than KG. But KG's prime was unreal. If he wasn't cast on some shit team, people would have been talking about him like they talk about Lebron.

Are you shitting me? I'm loving the extreme salt. We've got everybody else being good sports and they're showing out to be the real clowns they really are

We know they're going to be back in full force again next year. Eventually, someday, they'll be right, but for right now, I'll enjoy this chip and I'll enjoy watching them try to whine their way to anybody but the Heat winning next year

3 chips mane!! Not 1, not 2 but.....

We past the knicks bro.

Probably less lonely than a dude eating buckets of Popeye's and posting on a web forum when his team in Game 7 of the Finals.

Well whoever that dude is that ate that bucket of Popeye's and still looks and feels healthy AND got to see his team win a championship tonight will most certainly wake up not feeling so lonely and looking forward to the rest of the summer

I couldn't possibly be lonelier than you. Instead of basking in your team winning a title you're on a gaming message board. Where the party at in Miami? I'm sure it's in your room along with the greasy Popeye boxes.

Ever heard of a Thursday night?

Oh and trust me I'm basking in this title right now right here in Dallas, texas, the place that has a franchise that is going to be a contender without Paul and Howard according to you LMAO

You're so mad that at the end of was vindicated.

Admit it. I was right. I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG! BWAHAHAHA

Ph33nix isn't in Miami, guys. Texas, I believe.

trixx

Why is Kobe in top 15 dude isn't even in top thirty. Apparently Wade is even better than him. Kevin Durant and Melo also

Are we talking about today, or all-time. KG > Dirk all time. You want to argue today, then that's different.

KG came in in 1995. I know it's hard to remember seeing as you weren't born yet, but those 3 also mean he's older. He's played 200 more games.

His numbers at 34 weren't worse than Dirk's this year. And it doesn't capture defense.

KG's entire career as a starter for Minnesota: 22-12-5-2-1.5. That's 11 seasons. KG was their only good player for all but like 1 season, too. On both sides of the ball. At over 39mpg. Dirk only reached 39mpg once.

dirk is amazing. But he was never KG good at their peaks. Dirk is younger so it seems like he's better, but he's not. Two of the last 3 seasons Dirk has been a better offensive player than KG at the same age, but mostly because KG gave up that reigns and went at it on defense even more.

This ain't a knock on Dirk. As I said, he's one of my all-time favorite players and I like him more than KG. But KG's prime was unreal. If he wasn't cast on some shit team, people would have been talking about him like they talk about Lebron.

I will agree to disagree. KG is the better defender and rebounder, but Dirk isn't an awful rebounder (particularly in the playoffs). Dirk is one of the most gifted offensive players in NBA history and one of the most efficient. KG never had a playoff running that sniffed what Dirk did several years back.

DJ88

Pics for now, videos later. Too much to take in right now.

igahlj9dKnp6R.jpg

ibvTAUlbPo1mRz.jpg

idAZweX72YyoY.jpg

icUcNKvIrjn6Q.jpg

iIFtqYMdmoCeN.jpg

i0Oy6LcUlYrDf.jpg

ikQPhvRxfvQW.jpg

J2 Cool

Kawhi Leonard in the Finals: 14.5 pts, 11.1 rebs, 2.3 stl and a whole lot of heart defending the best player in the league

I fucking love this kid. Only 21 years old. The future doesn't seem so bad with him on board.

I became a big fan. Skills and mentality. Like a mini-Pippen.

I think I like Leonard more then Paul George.

I do. George is more inconsistent, too much of a mystery what he'll bring. Also Kawhi doesn't make that terrible defense on Lebron to end the game.

It's always interesting to think about how many titles Dirk, KG, Hakeem, and Kareem would have won in their prime with better supporting casts. KG made to the WCF with the Kandi Man starting a couple of games, Dirk played with an all-star for only three season ever IIRC and one was Josh Howard lol

You're so mad that at the end of was vindicated.

Admit it. I was right. I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG! BWAHAHAHA

One shot away, I am fairly mad, I admit it.

Pimpwerx

Pics for now, videos later. Too much to take in right now.

Nice pics, but don't post no more. Go get drunk and laid. I wish I'd walked down to the arena at the final horn, but I have to work in the morning. I should be trying to sleep right now, but I can't. PEACE.

It's always interesting to think about how many titles Dirk, KG, Hakeem, and Kareem would have won in their prime with better supporting casts. KG made to the WCF with the Kandi Man starting, Dirk played with an all-star for only three season ever IIRC and one was Josh Howard lol

One shot away, I am fairly mad, I admit it.

Dirk also had Ericka Dampier as his center for many years. And still managed to win a title with Haywood logging major minutes.

I will agree to disagree. KG is the better defender and rebounder, but Dirk isn't an awful rebounder (particularly in the playoffs). Dirk is one of the most gifted offensive players in NBA history and one of the most efficient. KG never had a playoff running that sniffed what Dirk did several years back.

KG also anchored one of the 5 best defensive teams of all-time and was DPOY.

And I never knocked Dirk's rebounding. Dirk's problem is he spent half his career barely playing defense. He improved immensely about 5 years ago there and never got the credit for that, but we're talking career here. KG's is obviously better if you look at the entire career.

Dirk did 28/8 in his title run. he was remarkable on offense, no doubt.

Was that better than 24/15/5 and all-nba defense? And if Cassell doesn't get hurt, there's a good chance they win the title.

Dirk also had Ericka Dampier as his center for many years. And still managed to win a title with Haywood logging major minutes.

with Tyson, jet, Kidd, Marion. KG never had anyone any good as any of those players except for one year of big balls Sam and Spreewell. But Sam got hurt in the WCF.

Prime-KG was a jabroni who couldn't get his team out of the first round. He was like Bosh+.

Prime-Dirk was unguardable. There were years he averaged higher than 50% as a long-range shooter.

charsace

Kawhi looks legit. I thought he was gonna bust up until the spurs traded for him. I changed my mind after that. Anyone that Pop wants bad is most likely at least a good role player. Kawhi is what Darius Miles could have been if he ever developed a jumper.

Fjordson

Since this thread will start to slow down in favor of the off-season thread, just wanted to say one last congrats to Heat-Age. I hate on your team on the regular, but everyone in here seem like good people.

KG also anchored one of the 5 best defensive teams of all-time and was DPOY.

And I never knocked Dirk's rebounding. Dirk's problem is he spent half his career barely playing defense. He improved immensely about 5 years ago there and never got the credit for that, but we're talking career here. KG's is obviously better if you look at the entire career.

Dirk did 28/8 in his title run. he was remarkable on offense, no doubt.

Was that better than 24/15/5 and all-nba defense? And if Cassell doesn't get hurt, there's a good chance they win the title.

with Tyson, jet, Kidd, Marion. KG never had anyone any good as any of those players except for one year of big balls Sam and Spreewell. But Sam got hurt in the WCF.

Dirk has NEVER played with the talent level of Pierce, Allen, and even Rondo.

Top Bottom