• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

if danny green was there celebrating with them we would have more pics than one where is extending himself just to hug bron. looked like it was in passing

Vestal

if danny green was there celebrating with them we would have more pics than one where is extending himself just to hug bron. looked like it was in passing
this I do agree.

still if I was a spurs fan I would be salty about it just cause I'm a competitive asshole.

strobogo

Banned
get out of here. Battier is freaking awesome. He gives the best interviews and one liners.

It was a legitimate question. I only follow the Pacers and even then kind of half assed. So when I kept seeing this guy, he just looked like he'd be the most astounding prick I could imagine, but I don't know a thing about the guy.

linsivvi

Of course. Shaq didn't win by himself. Kobe didn't win by himself. Together, with Phil, and the perfect role players they were a dominant unstoppable force.

Its funny though how depending on what side of the argument you fall on, Kobe carried Shaw or Shaq carried Kobe.

Together they were a nightmare for teams to guard.

This. People forget that Kobe AND Shaq didn't win shit until the Phil and the right role players came on board. They were swept routinely in the playoffs just like Shaq's Orlando days.

Jag

It was a legitimate question. I only follow the Pacers and even then kind of half assed. So when I kept seeing this guy, he just looked like he'd be the most astounding prick I could imagine, but I don't know a thing about the guy.

He's a really smart guy and has a great basketball IQ. He's also one of the more physical players on the Heat, so he gets a bad rap from other fans but much love from Miami.

He also bothered the shit out of Durant during the Finals last year.

shane-battier-kevin-durant-eyes.jpg

When asked about Battier’s unorthodox blindfold technique on Wednesday at practice, Durant shook his head in frustration and offered this response:

“I absolutely hate it.” [...]

Battier has been waiting for this affirmation for years. This is the first time a star publicly acknowledged that Battier’s patented blindfold move actually works. After hearing word that Durant hated Battier’s technique, Battier gave a flourishing fist-pump.

“Yes!” Battier exclaimed. “Someone finally admitted it.”

MIAMI -- Dwyane Wade's knee problems were more troublesome during the playoffs than he ever acknowledged.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Wade revealed Saturday that his right knee pained him so much that he contemplated asking to play limited minutes in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals, and that his left knee was drained and required about eight hours of game-day therapy just so he could play in Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

"I went through a lot," said Wade, who's now a three-time NBA champion. "But I'm at peace now."

Wade also received platelet-rich plasma therapy late in the regular season to combat three bone bruises around his right knee, which was his biggest source of frustration and pain during the playoffs. Wade said two of the bruises healed, but a third -- directly under the kneecap -- remained a big problem, especially since that area was also affected by tendinitis.

Wade underwent an MRI to rule out additional problems during the East finals against Indiana, and said he was driving into a meeting with Heat coach Erik Spoelstra before Game 7 of that series -- not long after saying in the immediate aftermath of the Game 6 loss to the Pacers that he needed the ball more -- to tell him that he felt he should only play short minutes because his ineffectiveness was hurting the team.

Spoelstra had other ideas, and Wade decided to scrap his plan.

Following the MRI that was done late in the Indiana series, Wade said the team's athletic trainers amended his treatment plan slightly, and he started seeing immediate improvement. He scored 21 points in the East-clincher against the Pacers, then scored a total of 57 points -- by far his best two-game stretch of the playoffs -- in Games 4 and 5 of the NBA Finals against the San Antonio Spurs.

But early in Game 6 of the title series, Wade's collided with the Spurs' Manu Ginobili. Before long, Wade's surgically repaired left knee, which kept him out of last summer's London Olympics, had swollen up "like a coconut."
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...i-heat-needed-knee-drained-play-game-7-finals

I don't get the big deal. Danny Green is a fucking role player. If it were Duncan or someone like Kobe or KG partying out with the Heat after losing to them, that'd be another thing. And you'd never see that. That's why those guys are superstars and franchise players. Danny Green isn't asked to be a leader or to set an example. He is just asked to come in and hit open shots and then sit his ass down.

I don't get the big deal. Danny Green is a fucking role player. If it were Duncan or someone like Kobe or KG partying out with the Heat after losing to them, that'd be another thing. And you'd never see that. That's why those guys are superstars and franchise players. Danny Green isn't asked to be a leader or to set an example. He is just asked to come in and hit open shots and then sit his ass down.

Role players care less than the stars? come on.

Look, even if I believe he just happened to be at the wrong club, I think it's weird he went clubbing. TMAC okay. he never played. But Green played over 30 min a game. He was critical the entire series. Role player or star, you'd imagine he'd be sulking a bit.

You put 9 months of your life into being just seconds away from the best and don't get there. I bet 99% of players would have never gone out to a club in his position. They'd have gone back to the hotel angry. Maybe go to a dive bar to drink it away. But not a hot Miami club.

Would Horry have done this? battier? Kerr? Sefalosha? etc..

Role players care less than the stars? come on.

Look, even if I believe he just happened to be at the wrong club, I think it's weird he went clubbing. TMAC okay. he never played. But Green played over 30 min a game. He was critical the entire series. Role player or star, you'd imagine he'd be sulking a bit.

You put 9 months of your life into being just seconds away from the best and don't get there. I bet 99% of players would have never gone out to a club in his position. They'd have gone back to the hotel angry. Maybe go to a dive bar to drink it away. But not a hot Miami club.

Would Horry have done this? battier? Kerr? Sefalosha? etc..

If they did it wouldn't bother me. I think we have this idea that these guys should hate each other, or that it should be "like the old days", but it's not. Times are different. Doesn't make it better or worse. Do you want these guys to stew on a loss like a sociopath? Guys deal with stuff differently, and in the current age, where players are friends since 8th grade and know each other from AAU, and free agents can play on 4 different teams in 4 years, their relationships are going to be different. We just saw two all time greats in LeBron and Duncan battle back and forth for 7 games, would it have made the series more entertaining if we pretended they hated each other? Did Magic and Larry? I guess I just don't really think it's fair to question how much a guy like Danny Green "cares" because he chooses to unwind after a long, mind fuck of a Finals series by going out to a club. Everybody deals with things differently, and the thing we need to realize is that as hard as these guys play, it is just a game. Some of them have been through some shit (dead family members, losing a parent, seeing friends get shot/killed) in their lives that might give them a little perspective that is going to prevent them from feeling like losing game 7 of the Finals is the end of the world.

Fjordson

battier is a huge asshole because he flops all the time and then is like 'ehehehuehehueh im great at taking charges lol'
Yep. On the court he's a douchebag (like the rest of Miami's squad) and I hate the way he plays.

Off the court? No clue. Probably a decent guy.

bahahaha wade is so done, no way lebron is staying in miami after next year.
I think "done" is exaggerating, but I do think Wade's best days are far, far behind him. And because of how Miami is currently constructed and their offensive system, I think the same can be said for Bosh.

No clue on what Lebron will do. I don't think Miami will look half as good by the time he's able to leave in 2014 as they do now, but will he want to desert Miami after the shitshow he got in Cleveland? The guy seems pretty concerned about his public image (even if he's too dumb to ever ditch his role as a heel).

Wade tries to injure other players and mocks them when they're sick, and always exaggerates his own injuries, so making fun of him for it is perfectly fair game.

Even though Brandy and I root for different teams, I'm so happy he got his salty revenge chip against the Heat.

Salty Revenge chips are best chips.

Which is why 2010 > all other Laker chips for me personally.

If they did it wouldn't bother me. I think we have this idea that these guys should hate each other, or that it should be "like the old days", but it's not. Times are different. Doesn't make it better or worse. Do you want these guys to stew on a loss like a sociopath? Guys deal with stuff differently, and in the current age, where players are friends since 8th grade and know each other from AAU, and free agents can play on 4 different teams in 4 years, their relationships are going to be different. We just saw two all time greats in LeBron and Duncan battle back and forth for 7 games, would it have made the series more entertaining if we pretended they hated each other? Did Magic and Larry? I guess I just don't really think it's fair to question how much a guy like Danny Green "cares" because he chooses to unwind after a long, mind fuck of a Finals series by going out to a club.

The problem isn't needing them to hate each other. The problem is, when you have such a cavalier attitude (no pun intended) how do I root for you? If you are gonna play a 7 game series,lose and then go party with the winners like nothing just happened, WTF as a fan.

As a fan, we are passionate and we want that same passion out of the players on the teams we root for. Not saying the dude should have to sit in his hotel and stew but c'mon guy. South Beach pretty fucking big.

You should either own that you were there or not be there at all. Don't insult my intelligence to say you were "in the wrong place at the wrong time" when I'm pretty sure that club with the Heat's after party was private affair.

Danny Green frames it like he was at the club, babysitting a drink when in comes the Heat...

And yeah, Larry admitted he hated Magic until both were out the game. (Larry's back and MJ's HIV)

If they did it wouldn't bother me. I think we have this idea that these guys should hate each other, or that it should be "like the old days", but it's not. Times are different. Doesn't make it better or worse. Do you want these guys to stew on a loss like a sociopath? Guys deal with stuff differently, and in the current age, where players are friends since 8th grade and know each other from AAU, and free agents can play on 4 different teams in 4 years, their relationships are going to be different. We just saw two all time greats in LeBron and Duncan battle back and forth for 7 games, would it have made the series more entertaining if we pretended they hated each other? Did Magic and Larry? I guess I just don't really think it's fair to question how much a guy like Danny Green "cares" because he chooses to unwind after a long, mind fuck of a Finals series by going out to a club. Everybody deals with things differently, and the thing we need to realize is that as hard as these guys play, it is just a game. Some of them have been through some shit (dead family members, losing a parent, seeing friends get shot/killed) in their lives that might give them a little perspective that is going to prevent them from feeling like losing game 7 of the Finals is the end of the world.

Look, I'm with you regarding the overblown nature of "hating" opponents and that kind of stuff.

But this isn't what this is about. I have no problems with green hanging out with Lebron 2 weeks from now for whatever reason. I have no problem with Green being friends with Bron and/or praising him. That's fine.

And I'm not saying everyone should take every game loss like a tragedy.

But they just lost game 7 of the NBA Finals. He played a lot. He stunk. I don't get going out to a club after, especially where the Heat are. Like I said, I would bet anything that 99% of players would have never done what he did in his position.

And I definitely don't think Green didn't care to win or that he didn't try his hardest. he did. I just find it weird that he did that.

Put it this way. If the same were true and Pau played Marc in the NBA finals, neither one is going out to party with the other. And they're very close brothers.

It's just a very weird thing to do and I bet no more than a handful of NBA players would have done it.

The problem isn't needing them to hate each other. The problem is, when you have such a cavalier attitude (no pun intended) how do I root for you? If you are gonna play a 7 game series,lose and then go party with the winners like nothing just happened, WTF as a fan.

As a fan, we are passionate and we want that same passion out of the players on the teams we root for. Not saying the dude should have to sit in his hotel and stew but c'mon guy. South Beach pretty fucking big.

You should either own that you were there or not be there at all. Don't insult my intelligence to say you were "in the wrong place at the wrong time" when I'm pretty sure that club with the Heat's after party was private affair.

Danny Green frames it like he was at the club, babysitting a drink when in comes the Heat...

And yeah, Larry admitted he hated Magic until both were out the game. (Larry's back and MJ's HIV)

Based on what they do ON the court, as it should be. Danny Green, for as shaky of a career as he has had, played his fucking ASS of in the Finals. Had the series of his life. I'm not going to lose respect for him because of what he chose to do after the series ended, on his own time, to unwind. Judge guys by what they do on the court. If you think guys' fraternizing or partying is effecting how they play and preform, that's another story.

Truphenom

Came back from vacation yesterday and I was able to finally watch the rest of the finals.

Pretty awesome series I have to say. Happy for LeBron even though I'm salty the Heat won lol. I can't imagine what fans on either side were going through, especially the last 2 games.

Kawhi Leonard is so fun to watch, and I hope he keeps on improving.

Is there a Le Betard rant yet?

Based on what they do ON the court, as it should be. Danny Green, for as shaky of a career as he has had, played his fucking ASS of in the Finals. Had the series of his life. I'm not going to lose respect for him because of what he chose to do after the series ended, on his own time, to unwind. Judge guys by what they do on the court. If you think guys' fraternizing or partying is effecting how they play and preform, that's another story.

You realize that attitude can be potentially dangerous in that if you feel like, well either way this series turns out, I'm gonna go hang out with my boy on the other squad, perhaps you're not fully invested in the outcome.

If you shot doesn't fall, it's not biggie cause it's just a game, right? Drinks on you if we lose? LOL

It's not wrong to want the players on your team to be angry over losing.

Show us it at least matters and losing the Finals isn't just "Oh well...see you at the club, guys!"

This doesn't mean we want pure venom and hate.

effzee

But then how would anyone here watch basketball? All this thread is a bunch of dudes salty living in fantasy world imagining real animosity between teams and players. Pretend imagined legacies, importance, and drama.

Wade tries to injure other players and mocks them when they're sick, and always exaggerates his own injuries, so making fun of him for it is perfectly fair game.

Hahaha. Boohoo, they faked cough about Dirk. As if Dirk had tuberculosis or sarcoidosis or something.

But then how would anyone here watch basketball? All this thread is a bunch of dudes salty living in fantasy world imagining real animosity between teams and players. Pretend imagined legacies, importance, and drama.

The fact that the Spurs and Heat played respectfully really didn't affect my enjoyment of the series. Maybe it would have been a tad more fun seeing them beat a team that has a vocal fanbase, but seeing constant Heat-Haters go dark was enough for me. I don't need to see techs and pushes to be happy that my team won and the other team lost. And I don't need to hate Tim Duncan, either. Even though this series has been devoid of the chippiness of others, here we are still talking about how great it was and it gave us a lot of things to talk about.

This Green stuff is silly. Him going out to the club is proof that he could have done more than smashing an automatic HOFer's finals record?

Top Bottom