• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Nori Chan

I don't agree at all with going out after a game, ESPECIALLY if it's the celebration club that the team that beat you is in. If I was there, I see the groupies and anybody else there that resembles a miami heat player, I'm back in the hotel. Plus how long did he even stay there for?

I was just thinking about a Heat game I attended in San Antonio early in the 15-win season back in 07-08, holy fuck look at the starters and who had PT in that game:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200711070SAS.html

Starters:
Ricky Davis
Udonis Haslem
Jason Williams
Shaq
Dorell Wright

Bench:
Anfernee Hardaway
Smush Parker
Alonzo Mourning
Mark Blount
Alexander Johnson
Chris Quinn

Is this what the Heat apocalypse will look like in 2015

i remember when penny begged to get a spot on the heat roster post-decision

sad as fuck

lmfao

I completely forgot about that

He wanted to be what Juwan is now

also....

1013388_10101152096526496_65879262_n.jpg

Roan_Fel_pissed_fuuuuuuu.jpg

DominoKid

it's really not that big of a deal but we fans like to think this shit is SERIOUS BUSINESS, when it's just a job to most of them. job's over. do whatever the hell you want.

people handle shit differently. some folks sit and mope. some folks go soul searching. some folks party the pain away. whatever.

Novid

Banned
Man, this series.

No dog in the fight but 2K has to be happy as clams he won his second.

ESPN still cant get it right but 17.3 ratings cant lie. Need that TNT/CBS injection yesterfuckingday. New Commish, New Networks...IM PLEEDING with yall.

Spo is truly underrated. Pop isn't a tester like Phil. Phil would have pushed defenders against Bron's Jumpshot like mad. Still wouldn't have mattered. San Antonio is one of the great teams of this decade but age and luck catch up. Im glad we got to see how basketball is played because people tend to forget due to all of the "newball, dunkcity, pg culture" that's so in right now. Spo played to Pop's strengths and beat him at his own game.

As for Bron, its scary to think; his jumper is ugly as shit and he closed the game with it. He BEAT the Spurs with his weakest part of his game. There isn't anything more to say.

rando14

Wade and lebron had to team up to equal one half of Kobe's career.

and kobe had to team up with one of the best centers of all time to get more than half of his rings

That Green picture is strange. You get beat by the Evil Empire and then willingly party with them?

I'm certain there's more to the situation than that, 'cause if not that's weird as fuck.

had to be coincidence, no one in their right mind would celebrate with the winning team after getting their dick crushed in a game 7

Fjordson

That Green picture is strange. You get beat by the Evil Empire and then willingly party with them?

I'm certain there's more to the situation than that, 'cause if not that's weird as fuck.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
This picture is everything that is wrong with the current NBA "culture". What the hell happened to competition and caring?

I don't care if LeBron is your friend from Cleveland.

You just lost a grueling 7 game series and you are out the same night partying with the team that beat you?

What in the world are you thinking?!?!

You think Manu, Tony Parker or Duncan would be there?

Good grief.

Amare was at Heat finals games last season too. LOL

Vahagn

and kobe had to team up with one of the best centers of all time to get more than half of his rings.

The revisionist history is amazing. Next thing you'll be saying KD had to team up with Westbrook and Magic had to team up with Worthy and Bird had to team up with McHale.

Drafting vs. Free Agency...how does it work.

Also - I've said it before and I'll say it again. Congrats Heat Age! Lebron played incredibly well last night and you guys got your back to back chips. Wade has 3, Lebron has 2...creeping up into legit all time greats discussions!

Yeah and I am sure Shaq had no influence on how teams played Kobe. Or they could afford to play Kobe.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't Kobe's scoring average take a dramatic jump after Shaq left? Kobe's been unguardable since he was 20, regardless of the system, or the teammates he played with.

Pimpwerx

BTW, on the Green thing, someone called Lebatard's show today and said he was at the club and that while a couple guys went and said what's up to him, Danny Green was just off on the side doing his own thing and wasn't partying with the Heat. For all I know, it could've just been Green calling in with is voice disguised, but seemed like a legit call. FWIW, since people want to bury the guy. PEACE.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Just rewatched the entire game 7 for a 3rd time... eh, I can't dislike the Spurs at all. Good team, good people, good sportsmanship on display.

Branduil

BTW, on the Green thing, someone called Lebatard's show today and said he was at the club and that while a couple guys went and said what's up to him, Danny Green was just off on the side doing his own thing and wasn't partying with the Heat. For all I know, it could've just been Green calling in with is voice disguised, but seemed like a legit call. FWIW, since people want to bury the guy. PEACE.

Why was he at a club after his team just lost?

andthebeatgoeson

Why was he at a club after his team just lost?
Who are you, his wife? Just because you root for him doesn't give you the right to dictate his life. I would assume most nba players went to the club. It's Miami.

You have to have some issues if what they do on their private time bothers you.

This picture is everything that is wrong with the current NBA "culture". What the hell happened to competition and caring?

I don't care if LeBron is your friend from Cleveland.

You just lost a grueling 7 game series and you are out the same night partying with the team that beat you?

What in the world are you thinking?!?!

You think Manu, Tony Parker or Duncan would be there?

Good grief.
Yeah but who gives a fuck?

Jag

I don't have issues with what Green did, but I think his fans in SA and teammates might.

I also don't buy that it was a coincidence he was at that club. If it was that easy to go to Story during a Championship celebration and give Lebron a hug, I would have gone there myself.

Unless he got trolled by someone in Miami who sent him there as a joke.

effzee

And vice versa?

Of course. Shaq didn't win by himself. Kobe didn't win by himself. Together, with Phil, and the perfect role players they were a dominant unstoppable force.

Its funny though how depending on what side of the argument you fall on, Kobe carried Shaw or Shaq carried Kobe.

Together they were a nightmare for teams to guard.

The revisionist history is amazing. Next thing you'll be saying KD had to team up with Westbrook and Magic had to team up with Worthy and Bird had to team up with McHale.

Drafting vs. Free Agency...how does it work.

So your premise is what? Its better or more honorable to build through the draft? It doesn't change the fact that no one superstar can do it by himself. And whether a team is built through the draft or FA, you still need 2-3 really good players and for them to play really well together to be a constant contender/champion. Magic played in another era and was lucky to be on the Lakers. That team was stacked. Same with Bird and Celtics. Unless you get drafted on a team like that, why in the world would you want to stay with your squad especially if they show they can't get much better?

KD is extremely lucky that the Thunder had some great drafts and built a team around him right away. Other wise all these guys would have been great players on so-so teams.

I see it as fans for some odd reason having a problem when players themselves use the system to team up or decide their own future. GMs trade players? Cut players? Sure go right ahead! But a player gets to FA and decides to form a super team? Well then stop the presses! They are cheating the system!

Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't Kobe's scoring average take a dramatic jump after Shaq left? Kobe's been unguardable since he was 20, regardless of the system, or the teammates he played with.

Of course it did. All those shots, possessions, and opportunities that Shaq gobbled up were now all for Kobe. Doesn't mean they won anything until he started crying for more players or a trade and then they worked out a sweet ass deal with the Grizzlies thanks to their connections.

Jordan did that to help himself gain a competitive advantage though, he was always trying to gain an edge by any and all means possible.
Accepting that as true for the sake of argument, so? People are complaining about players being friends with opposing players, they've always done that. To the point that a prominent coach in the golden era complained about it. Green was out there competing, just cause he had a run of excellence, some want to believe that was the norm? You all had to know he was going to crash to earth eventually, it was just whether or not it would happen before or after the series was over - luckily, Heat D tightened up and it happened before.

Accepting that as true for the sake of argument, so? People are complaining about players being friends with opposing players, they've always done that. To the point that a prominent coach in the golden era complained about it. Green was out there competing, just cause he had a run of excellence, some want to believe that was the norm? You all had to know he was going to crash to earth eventually, it was just whether or not it would happen before or after the series was over - luckily, Heat D tightened up and it happened before.

I don't have a problem with players being friends, it's stupid to feel otherwise. I do have a problem with Green if he did in fact go to that club with the intent of celebrating with the Heat. It's akin to ditching the friends you're with to hang out with another friend who is having a better time. You just don't do it.

Top Bottom